Peterborough 2 - 0 Newcastle (CC) - 22/09/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Dave

What tonight has done though, is made a mockery of those who say something along the lines of, "drop the overpaid mercenary bastards and put the kids in, least they'll try", etc.

Not really. Sending out a completely raw side didn't really give anyone a decent chance. We learned absolutely nothing from this as a result.

Just got in, not fussed about the result and pleased to see the young'uns get a run out. f***'s sake Guthrie man. Was it two yellows or a straight red?

How did Boyd for Boro play?

Sounded like one of their best players on't radio.

had to happen at some point, may aswell get it outta the way early using only kids. Doubt this will affect confidence much of the main side. Shame for Guthrie, only one game though not to bad. The in form Barton will be able to cover.

had to happen at some point, may aswell get it outta the way early using only kids. Doubt this will affect confidence much of the main side. Shame for Guthrie, only one game though not to bad. The in form Barton will be able to cover.

Where does the sarcasm begin here?

Just got in, not fussed about the result and pleased to see the young'uns get a run out. f***'s sake Guthrie man. Was it two yellows or a straight red?

How did Boyd for Boro play?

Sounded like one of their best players on't radio.

:thup:

The few times I have seen P'boro play he has looked a really good footballer. He is the Stephen Ireland of CCC.

Where does the sarcasm begin here?

Only with Barton, hes bound to have a class game sooner or later though so im glad he'll likely be playing.

I remember a reserve watcher, saying Tozer has gone backwards post injury.

that was me,  he has done, seems to have lost a yard of pace,  he's bulked up when he was out injured and seems slow and heavy legged now.

Where's Mosley when you need him? I'm sure theres a 7-day window before the suspension kicks in if the sending off is for two yellows. Ergo, Guthrie might be able to play this weekend.

Could someone clear that up please?

Just been directed to this.  All sendings off carry an instant ban.  There's a 7-day delay on bans for 5/10/15 yellows.

Where's Mosley when you need him? I'm sure theres a 7-day window before the suspension kicks in if the sending off is for two yellows. Ergo, Guthrie might be able to play this weekend.

Could someone clear that up please?

Just been directed to this.  All sendings off carry an instant ban.  There's a 7-day delay on bans for 5/10/15 yellows.

20/25/30 yellows in smiths case

Guest Haris Vuckic

Let's just abolish the league cup, it's f***ing depressing how little everyone cares about it.

The big clubs seem to want to be knocked out as soon as possible, and the small clubs don't think they have a chance. One of them must be wrong!

It normally just leaves Spurs and a confused top four side.

Wembley? but whhhhyy! :dowie:

Thank God for the Telegraph. I thought Danny Guthrie was sent off but it was his lesser known brother..

"And the night got worse for Newcastle when, in the 54th minute, Chris Guthrie was sent off. Having been booked in the first half for kicking the ball away he received a second yellow for a foul on Boyd."

Thank God for the Telegraph. I thought Danny Guthrie was sent off but it was his lesser known brother..

"And the night got worse for Newcastle when, in the 54th minute, Chris Guthrie was sent off. Having been booked in the first half for kicking the ball away he received a second yellow for a foul on Boyd."

wasn't chris guthrie on the books for a while (ron brother) ?

Just got back have a few thoughts

We were absolutely shocking, I understand it was a young team but I don't recall a shot on target.

Thought Krul made some good saves, not too sure what happened with both goals as they were up the other end

S Taylor was OK, R Taylor was shocking, as was Geremi when he came on

Lua-Lua did ok sometimes, but mostly had a poor game, should have had a pen in the first half, but will need to see that again

What a twat that ref was

Atmosphere was good until 2-0, then good after the triple sub

Not the end of the world tbh, good for the kids to get experience (even though I wasn't pleased with any of them n am worried about our backup if we get a couple of injuries.

Not the end of the world tbh, good for the kids to get experience (even though I wasn't pleased with any of them n am worried about our backup if we get a couple of injuries.

Not saying we don't need reinforcements but I wouldn't read too much into it.  Ranger apparently didn't play very well but we already know he plays well with more senior players around him.  It might be the same case with the others.  In an ideal world we'd have 1 or 2 youngsters playing max, so there wouldn't be as much pressure on them.

On the other hand, if we get ten or more injuries we're ******.  :lol:

Just got back have a few thoughts

We were absolutely shocking, I understand it was a young team but I don't recall a shot on target.

Thought Krul made some good saves, not too sure what happened with both goals as they were up the other end

S Taylor was OK, R Taylor was shocking, as was Geremi when he came on

Lua-Lua did ok sometimes, but mostly had a poor game, should have had a pen in the first half, but will need to see that again

What a twat that ref was

Atmosphere was good until 2-0, then good after the triple sub

They were fucking shocking. I'm not bothered in the slightest to be out the competition but I'm actually shocked at how bad the future of the club is looking. Like you say I an't remember us putting anything of substance on target over the 80 minutes I watched - I'm glad I fucked off to get the 10pm train coz I'd not be in til 3am if I had of suffered on.