Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

Best performance since Reading at home.

I thought we were excellent for the full game.

I thought we were poor up until we scored.

Exactly. Apart from that mental 6 minutes just before the break, we were pretty average at best. It's just that they were even shittier.

I think Enrique is a quality player but he does have some absolutely mental moments, "I know I have just won the ball and done the attacker, this shits too easy might cross it into my own area and see what happens" :lol:

I think Enrique is a quality player but he does have some absolutely mental moments, "I know I have just won the ball and done the attacker, this shits too easy might cross it into my own area and see what happens" :lol:

My dad said, "Well, no one was showing for him". OK! So just play a suicidal backpass instead! Safer to hoof it into the stands and defend the throw-in.

Same goes for Colo, too. Even when he mugs an attacker it seems like he then has to do it another two or three times.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Although the away support was terrefic today, I thought a lot of the chants were completely un-neccesary. I mean "Get Out of Our Club" every other minute was totally un-neccesary. It's great to see so many coming down though and supporting us.

All he has to do is get out and the chants will stop.

We are top of the league despite him hanging around looking to make a buck, and quite frankly he deserves everything thats pelted at him from the fans at the minute.

Great performance from the team, I hope we still have one in January. Dont feel sorry for Ashley, its time he fucked off. Its a miracle we are top.

All he has to do is get out and the chants will stop.

We are top of the league despite him hanging around looking to make a buck, and quite frankly he deserves everything thats pelted at him from the fans at the minute.

Great performance from the team, I hope we still have one in January. Dont feel sorry for Ashley, its time he f***ed off. Its a miracle we are top.

hanging round to make a buck ?

also i don't think anyone is complaining about how it makes him feel,most don't care what you sing if it's before or after the game just it aint going to help the team on the pitch during the match.

:lol:

It's amazing how people demand Ashley just up and leave. If only it were that simple, for all we know the problem might not be with him. It might be Moat's financing, the bank overdraft etc. etc.

But nope, let's chant for Ashley Out because that will make him leave faster  :idiot2:

Harper 6 - Nothing to do.

Zurab 7 - Was solid, cleaned up any danger down his side, bit iffy at centre back when he filled in. Good debut overall.

S. Taylor 8 - Solid, not much to do.

Coloccini 7 - Same as Taylor, a few iffy clearences though.

Enrique 7 - Great defensively, really needs to work on distribution though. Good going forward.

R.Taylor 8 - Good delivery all day, cracking free kick.

Butt 6 - Shocking first half, better second half.

Smith 7 - Kept things tidy as usual.

Nolan 10 - Never stopped working, brilliant hat-rick. Will continue to score at this level.

Carroll 8 - Won pretty much every header, chased everything back.

Ranger 8 - Should have scored, won every header, caused problems for them all day.

Subs

Lovenkrands 6 - Didn't see much of him.

Harewood 6 - Great effort on goal, looks promising.

Donaldson 6 - Was solid at RB.

:lol:

It's amazing how people demand Ashley just up and leave. If only it were that simple, for all we know the problem might not be with him. It might be Moat's financing, the bank overdraft etc. etc.

But nope, let's chant for Ashley Out because that will make him leave faster  :idiot2:

Singing at football matches is about a shared experience and a common will of togetherness - nobody probably expected him to say "Aye, right, I'll sell it for a pound" but maybe fans who travel to Ipswich have more right to express a "feeling" than those who don't.

My dad said, "Well, no one was showing for him". OK! So just play a suicidal backpass instead! Safer to hoof it into the stands and defend the throw-in.

Same goes for Colo, too. Even when he mugs an attacker it seems like he then has to do it another two or three times.

It is a worry that some players become a bit too relaxed. Harper's so laid back he's almost horizontal at times.

Absolutely nothing wrong with chants against Ashley, in fact wrong would be not hearing them. I thought hearing them at 4-0 was brilliant, show the despicable shitbag that he will never be welcome again for what he's done to our club.

Absolutely nothing wrong with chants against Ashley, in fact wrong would be not hearing them. I thought hearing them at 4-0 was brilliant, show the despicable shitbag that he will never be welcome again for what he's done to our club.

Of course there's nowt wrong with them, they're just pointless. He knows how we feel, we know how we feel, the whole of the football world knows how we feel - it won't force him to do anything so why waste the breath?

i also think it reminds other fans and 'journalists' that just cos were winning were not gona just forgive him for what he's done. As soon as the chants stop we will be labelled as just another bunch of fickle fans.

Of course there's nowt wrong with them, they're just pointless. He knows how we feel, we know how we feel, the whole of the football world knows how we feel - it won't force him to do anything so why waste the breath?

Why ever sing? The players know we want them to win so why bother encouraging them to do so? Singing creates an atmosphere regardless of what's being sung, and it's great that we're still letting the world know we hate that cunt.

Why ever sing? The players know we want them to win so why bother encouraging them to do so? Singing creates an atmosphere regardless of what's being sung, and it's great that we're still letting the world know we hate that c***.

I know you're taking the piss, but my point stands. We sing because we know it encourages the players to win. Singing isn't encourging Ashley to head for the exits any quicker.

It's getting tiresome tbh.

Can anyone tell me the Keane and Ashley chants that were sung, I was listening to a stream on internet and could hear "noise" but not the words... frustrating as the game was sown up from the start.

One point; Enrique is the stand out performer at the moment, his bad passes normally result from a lack of options being given to him from his teammates!!!

Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuuuuub, you fat cockney bastard, get out of our club

Keano, he wanks his dog keano

To Ring of Fire, "keano wanks his labradoooor, dededededeerrrr"

Keano, wanks his dog, keano keano wanks his dog

sacked in the morning

keano give us a wave

Why ever sing? The players know we want them to win so why bother encouraging them to do so? Singing creates an atmosphere regardless of what's being sung, and it's great that we're still letting the world know we hate that c***.

I know you're taking the piss, but my point stands. We sing because we know it encourages the players to win. Singing isn't encourging Ashley to head for the exits any quicker.

It's getting tiresome tbh.

why whinge about it on a forum, it's not going to make them stop?

Cracking result - I didn't expect a win, never mind a 4-0 one.

However, I thought a large part of this appeared to have been down to the crowd and occassion. I was expecting Portman Road to be buzzing and really up for it, and the team to be fired up from the dog molesters team talk. Yet, they simply seemed in awe of the occassion and almost frightened of a strong but comfortable performance from our lot.

The atmosphere surprised me alot, and everything Ipswich Town did on the day seemed to fall short of my expectations - except for the Sir Bobby tributes (on a side note that Laura Wright was stunning).

If Sir Bobby was watching down on that I have no doubts he would have loved to see the lads in Black and White looking so dominant, but I think he would have been fairly disappointed by their performance (Ipswich).

As for the songs, I thought at 4-0 a rather venomous few renditions of "You fat cockney b******" sounded rather amusing, and the t*** deserved nothing less after turning up to such an occassion without even putting a tie on. It was embarassing, to see the Ipswich lot all smartly dressed and that fat b****** stood their like he'd just been for a nice coffee in some swanky London cafe. It actually pissed me off quite alot.

The one time I recal any noise throughout the game from Ipswich was when they sang "we never sacked Bobby Robson" after we sang "sacked in the morning". While the occassion was hardly the time to be so harsh to one another, it was - on the other hand - fitting that a football crowd gave a bit football banter.

All in all, a decent event and a fairly good send off for Sir Bob. Roll on QPR...

Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuuuuub, you fat cockney b******, get out of our club

Keano, he wanks his dog keano

To Ring of Fire, "keano wanks his labradoooor, dededededeerrrr"

Keano, wanks his dog, keano keano wanks his dog

sacked in the morning

keano give us a wave

Did he wave?