Famous Newcastle Fans

cubaricho

Maximo Park

They're smoggies, and support Boro and Liverpool.

Nah, i've been to see them at the Metro Radio and O2 and both times thay have mentioned coming from Newcastle and supporting the Toon.

I've seen them in Newcastle and they call it their hometown - it's where they formed and live.  But at least the lead guy is from Teeside, and said he's a boro fan on soccer am, and the bassist (the big guy) said he supports liverpool.

Maximo Park

Nah, i've been to see them at the Metro Radio and O2 and both times thay have mentioned coming from Newcastle and supporting the Toon.

I've seen them in Newcastle and they call it their hometown - it's where they formed and live.  But at least the lead guy is from Teeside, and said he's a boro fan on soccer am, and the bassist (the big guy) said he supports liverpool.

:nods: He was in my brother's year at sixth-form.

Maximo Park

for fucks sake this shit winds me up no end. no offence to you mate but only one of them is actually from newcastle but it hasnt stopped that twat from going on like he owns the city. he's from billingham and supports boro.

Me and my mates were outside the Cluny sitting on the hill in the sun and the Maximo lot were there. Anyway, the bassist had just got some drinks in and bent over to give them to his mates only to reveal he was wearing a thong, poking out above his slack jeans.

:bootyshake:

Guest toonlass

dunno if this has already been posted, but at sheffield away, the program said our famous fan was Sid Waddell, i'd never even heard of him....

He's from Lynemouth, and is my aunty (by marriages) cousin. He was a fabulous runner (county standard) and got a degree from Cambridge. Not bad for a boy from Lynemouth.

dunno if this has already been posted, but at sheffield away, the program said our famous fan was Sid Waddell, i'd never even heard of him....

He's from Lynemouth, and is my aunty (by marriages) cousin. He was a fabulous runner (county standard) and got a degree from Cambridge. Not bad for a boy from Lynemouth.

he also wrote jossys giants.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Maximo Park

for f***s sake this s*** winds me up no end. no offence to you mate but only one of them is actually from newcastle but it hasnt stopped that t*** from going on like he owns the city. he's from billingham and supports boro.

That makes the song ''The kids are sick again'' very very worrying.  :kinnear:

• 1 month later...

Just watched Time of their Lives the Leeds United edition...we all know Jack Charlton was a Newcastle United fan,but I never knew Norman Hunter was too..said their loss to the mackems in the 1973 FA Cup Final was the worst day of his career,as when he was a boy in Newcastle,he was a huge Newcastle fan.I never even  knew he was a Geordie.

Just watched Time of their Lives the Leeds United edition...we all know Jack Charlton was a Newcastle United fan,but I never knew Norman Hunter was too..said their loss to the mackems in the 1973 FA Cup Final was the worst day of his career,as when he was a boy in Newcastle,he was a huge Ne2wcastle fan.I never even  knew he was a Geordie.

I vaguely remember hearing he was born in Eighton Banks in Gatesheed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Probably been mentioned in this thread (more than likely by me) but wor lass has got Emmerdale on now and I'm sure I've seen the vicar at the match quite a few times. Confirmed fan or have I just witnessed his double?

Probably been mentioned in this thread (more than likely by me) but wor lass has got Emmerdale on now and I'm sure I've seen the vicar at the match quite a few times. Confirmed fan or have I just witnessed his double?

He went to my old school.

Guest Geordiesned

frighting amount of knowledge about the vicar from emmerdale like...seriously, frightning!

:lol:

He was in the free paper last year - the Whitley Bay Guardian.

frighting amount of knowledge about the vicar from emmerdale like...seriously, frightning!

:lol:

He was in the free paper last year - the Whitley Bay Guardian.

In Emmerdale,isn't he married to the ex Arsenal and Portsmouth right-back?