Newcastle United 1 - 1 QPR - 30/09/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

A point isn't a bad result, I reckon, because it sounds like we've been gash.

Yup. Sounds like avoiding defeat would be some sort of accomplishment from the game.

Didn't deserve much more after picking a defensive line up.

Not sure it was the line-up, sounded like we just didn't play for 30 minutes.

I know we won against Ipswich but I just don't think there's any need to pick both Smith and Butt at home. We sounded a lot better after the subs.

Guest Wally_McFool

One defeat and seven wins out of the next ten games please.   :snod:

(Cant win every week however much you want to.)

Disappointing as QPR are not a top Championship side.

They will go 4th if they win their game in hand. I think they are one of the better teams in the league.

Just an unlucky game tbh

Even when you consider how badly we played. Its taken them a deflected goal & us missing a pen for them to manage only a draw.

Hardly class finishing from the opposition as usual.

I keep forgetting we had a penalty.

Fucking frustrating.

Yup. Sounds like avoiding defeat would be some sort of accomplishment from the game.

I just don't think there's any need to pick Butt.

:)

I know we won against Ipswich but I just don't think there's any need to pick both Smith and Butt at home. We sounded a lot better after the subs.

Which subs were fit enough to play though? Lovenkrands maybe but unless he plays up front he looks woeful imo.

If these are the sort of 'slip-ups' we're to expect from our Championship season, then i say bring it on. We've got a minuscule squad (regardless of what Hughton says) and fatigue is going to kick in. These results are going to happen. I haven't seen the game or the performance, but if it was a shoddy one - then i wouldn't be surprised it's heavily down to tiredness following a very long trip and a heck of a performance down at Ipswich.

We've got some fresh legs back for Bristol. With a bit of luck we'll have Taylor, Coloccini, Jonas and Harewood all ship sharp come Saturday, given the 'rests' and run-outs tonight. There's still Lovenkrands there who hasn't had a game upfront yet. Fingers crossed on the first two, like, but they didn't seem to be too badly injured.

We need a wee re-shuffle imo. Some of these players are bound to be fucked.

Call it kneejerk, call it ridiculous, I don't frankly care but some of the play tonight was utterly pathetic.

There was no sense of urgency and the finishing in the final third was wank.

I mean christ, at 1-1 with 20 minutes to go, at home against an average Championship side, why were we hitting no-hopers up to Carroll and Harewood? We have the quality to pass properly and playing with a bit of movement in this league, not this long ball shite; we were hardly under the cosh. After Harewood's goal, there was only one winner in this.

We may not have lost, but we certainly didn't deserve to win.

Not a disaster - 3 points clear.

Not a great performance but;

R Taylor should be back

Jonas is back

Harwood scores

Loven should be getting fitter

We are still top - rewind back ten games and we would all have taken 23 points from 10 games.

Onwards and upwards.

Guest jeffers09

I just don't think there's any need to pick Butt.

:)

How could he drop enyone after saturdays performance

Fair result on the night... It would have been nice to go 5 points clear but it was not to be..... We need to be more consisit in the future. We have to show equal commitment we showed against Ipswich week in week out.

Having lost Collo and RTaylor is not something small. Espically Colo he has been out unsung hero this season..

Guest toonlass

I am not going to complain. We have had games that we haven't deserved to win but have this season. Tonight was a flat, frustrating affair, and could have gone either way so a point is fair enough. West Brom are playing Preston at the weekend, if we beat Bristol City we could still be 3 points ahead come saturday night. In may, when we had been relegated I am sure most of us would have been happy with us being 3 points ahead in the league by the end of September.