Newcastle United 1 - 1 QPR - 30/09/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Television coverage: None, anywhere. Don't even bother.

Radio coverage: BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra (via DAB, Sky etc).

Online radio coverage in the UK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivesportsextra.shtml BUT IT IS A WOMAN - AVOID.

Online radio coverage not in the UK: www.nufc.co.uk. Yes, that means you have to pay.

Without sounding like a complete bum boy, please do this for every game.

Guest firetotheworks

Just got back.

Harper - 6. Thought he could have saved their goal but it might have just been the angle I was at

Simpson - 5: Thought he was pretty poor, didnt overlap enough and often didnt move into space.

Taylor - 7.5: The only player that played well the entire time. Our MOTM

Kitchenvillage - 7: Decent

Enrique - 5.5 : I love the kid but he didnt play well tonight, not helped by Butt being absolutely nowhere to be seen whenever they attacked down their right hand side. He played a lot better second half when Jonas came on.

Butt - 3: Shite, out of position, out of touch, crap.

Smith - 5: Did ok sometimes but the midfield in general tonight was pretty poor.

Nolan - 5: Went unnoticed.

Guthrie - 4: I like him as a player and he saved himself slightly because now and again he showed some quality, but that penalty miss, the shot when he should have crossed and the rubbish freekick were the things that could have changed the match for us, so he cant get more than a 4 imo.

Ranger - 6 pretty quiet, some good some bad.

Carrol - 6. As above except slightly better imo.

Harewood - 6.5: Played fairly well and was in there when it mattered.

Jonas - 7: Changed the game imo. Not just in that he got forward but that he tracked back and helped Jose, and in that he isn't Nicky Butt.

Lovelycakes - 6: no time.

Hughton - 5.5 : That midfield should not play together, especially at home. The route 1 tactics weren't working and its still alarming to see that he has no plan b in terms of the way we play.

He made up for it by seeing his mistake, having the balls to take Butt off and I'll also give him the benefit of the doubt in that Jonas was coming back from injury.

As shit as we were, the weird thing is we could have won 3 or 4-1 imo had Guthrie in particular converted his penalty and squared it instead of shooting. Weird match.

Radio coverage: BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra (via DAB, Sky etc).

Online radio coverage in the UK: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivesportsextra.shtml BUT IT IS A WOMAN - AVOID.

Online radio coverage not in the UK: www.nufc.co.uk. Yes, that means you have to pay.

Without sounding like a complete bum boy, please do this for every game.

I've done it for the last four games mate. O0

That phrase could catch on.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Can't complain too much, increased lead in the table and no injuries by the sound of it. Just can't believe how frustrating some of our players can be - especially with the final ball. Also looked to me like some tired legs out there and along with QPR's excellent passing they had loads of time and space. Deffo the best performance from a team thats visited this season. :clap:

Good to see Marlon on the scoresheet, but please give lovenkrands more than 5 mins next time Chris. :idiot2:

Just back, really odd game, all seems a blur. Their goal was stupid to give away, but it had been coming. Enrique dicking about in the corner once too often, cleared it straight to them, deflected shot later and we're 1-0 down.

15 minutes later we actually started to play, but we had 4 centre midfielders on the pitch, and no width as a result. Lots of congestion in there, lot of lofted diagonals for Carroll and Ranger. The pen came after a decent spell of pressure, but fuck me what a piss pen it was. TO make matters worse he got in down their left a few minutes later and instead of cutting it back passed it straight at Cerny. Shite.

Other than that, Carroll had a header off the line and Nolan had a header saved, we should have been level at half time but we weren't. Jonas came on at half time and actually wanted the ball, caused them problems but didn't even attempt many crosses, often selecting to pass in to the strikers or waiting for Enrique. The goal was what we'd been trying all night, ball in from Simpson, Carroll won his 900th header and Harewood bundled it in.

After that, Enrique squared it for I think Harewood but we were down the other end, it missed anyway, looked a decent chance. Then nothing. 15 minutes happened with QPR passing it across our 18 yard box, nothing much else. Guthrie took some of the worst set pieces I have ever seen, clearly the penalty miss was in his head.

A midfield containing Butt, Nolan and to a lesser extent Smith should never happen, especially at home. Butt was hauled off at half time but he wasn't as dogshite as usual, he was being played in a tactically inept formation. Kevin Nolan however, is not a central midfield player. The ball is passed around him with such ease he is chasing shadows all the time, slowly. He can't turn so he often hangs his leg out like a dog having a piss. Sigh.

The stadium gave Simpson man of the match, didn't do anything wrong but didn't do anything flash. Sums up our night I guess. Personally I'd have given it to Zurab, who I thought was excellent.

Just back, really odd game, all seems a blur. Their goal was stupid to give away, but it had been coming. Enrique dicking about in the corner once too often, cleared it straight to them, deflected shot later and we're 1-0 down.

15 minutes later we actually started to play, but we had 4 centre midfielders on the pitch, and no width as a result. Lots of congestion in there, lot of lofted diagonals for Carroll and Ranger. The pen came after a decent spell of pressure, but f*** me what a piss pen it was. TO make matters worse he got in down their left a few minutes later and instead of cutting it back passed it straight at Cerny. s****.

Other than that, Carroll had a header off the line and Nolan had a header saved, we should have been level at half time but we weren't. Jonas came on at half time and actually wanted the ball, caused them problems but didn't even attempt many crosses, often selecting to pass in to the strikers or waiting for Enrique. The goal was what we'd been trying all night, ball in from Simpson, Carroll won his 900th header and Harewood bundled it in.

After that, Enrique squared it for I think Harewood but we were down the other end, it missed anyway, looked a decent chance. Then nothing. 15 minutes happened with QPR passing it across our 18 yard box, nothing much else. Guthrie took some of the worst set pieces I have ever seen, clearly the penalty miss was in his head.

A midfield containing Butt, Nolan and to a lesser extent Smith should never happen, especially at home. Butt was hauled off at half time but he wasn't as dogshite as usual, he was being played in a tactically inept formation. Kevin Nolan however, is not a central midfield player. The ball is passed around him with such ease he is chasing shadows all the time, slowly. He can't turn so he often hangs his leg out like a dog having a piss. Sigh.

The stadium gave Simpson man of the match, didn't do anything wrong but didn't do anything flash. Sums up our night I guess. Personally I'd have given it to Zurab, who I thought was excellent.

I think Carroll was bossed all game in the air and on the deck, he barely won any headers and when he did they were to nobody.

15 minutes later we actually started to play, but we had 4 centre midfielders on the pitch, and no width as a result. Lots of congestion in there, lot of lofted diagonals for Carroll and Ranger. The pen came after a decent spell of pressure, but fuck me what a piss pen it was. TO make matters worse he got in down their left a few minutes later and instead of cutting it back passed it straight at Cerny. Shite.

I can't stand it when I see these type of players all played in the same midfield. Nolan's goals won us the last match though, so we have to put up with being dominated possession wise in the hope of end product I suppose.

I miss Emre.

Didn't see the game, but I'm happy to be three points clear at the top of the league. We're not going to win every game and I never imagined this is where we'd be sitting after ten games.

We all missed him when he was hear as well :lol:

shit league shit teams. we deserve to win every game, if we don't, it's because of luck, rather than another team doing anything good at all ever.  :kinnear:

What brought this little hissy fit on? :lol:

Did you see the game by the way? :nope:

we were undone by movement, couldn't handle it. routledge and ben watson were the best two players on show. it doesn't need loads of pace if the players are clever enough.

i agreed with butt getting subbed but he could count himslef unlucky as he was no worse as the other midfielders at that point, probably better than guthrie and nolan infact. harewood should have came on at half time for ranger.

anyone see enrique giving hell to hughton after about 15mins about no support.forward or back, on the left ?.....good for him!

they had better techinque and movement than us but we were bigger and stronger with an almost likely better finish.

QPR best team to watch this season so far.(including us last week)

On a sidenote, how were the QPR fans tonight?

quite good in the 1st half, quiet in the 2nd. very canny in the pub.

the singing sections endless renditions of "your support is fucking shit" is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

we were undone by movement, couldn't handle it. routledge and ben watson were the best two players on show. it doesn't need loads of pace if the players are clever enough.

i agreed with butt getting subbed but he could count himslef unlucky as he was no worse as the other midfielders at that point, probably better than guthrie and nolan infact. harewood should have came on at half time for ranger.

anyone see enrique giving hell to hughton after about 15mins about no support.forward or back, on the left ?.....good for him!

they had better techinque and movement than us but we were bigger and stronger with an almost likely better finish.

Tbh, I thought that about Ipswich up until the point where we scored. We just battered them into submission with three quick goals, up to that point we were struggling to get much possession.

Tbh, I thought that about Ipswich up until the point where we scored. We just battered them into submission with three quick goals, up to that point we were struggling to get much possession.

nah. ipswich was even but we looked more like scoring...till we scored. QPR are a differtent kettle of pilchards.

lots of arguing amongst the players tonight, both Nolan and Smith were absolutely laying into Taylor in the first half, Smith gave him one hell of a bollocking for not pushing up at one point.

I felt bad for Enrique in the first half, Butt was supposed to be playing in front of him but wandered into the middle, the useless cunt

the first thing i noticed tonight was butt wandering off into the centre off the pitch when he seemed to be meant to be on the left, then nolan seemed to be wandering inside when he was meant to be on the left, then smith seemed to wander inside when he was on the left.

was delighted when jonas came on, finally giving us something on the wing and made jose look alot more secure at the back and efficient going forward.

lots of arguing amongst the players tonight, both Nolan and Smith were absolutely laying into Taylor in the first half, Smith gave him one hell of a bollocking for not pushing up at one point.

I felt bad for Enrique in the first half, Butt was supposed to be playing in front of him but wandered into the middle, the useless c***

still not so sure butt waas supposed to be there. at one point nolan was having a go at ranger to get wide left defensivly.

nah. ipswich was even but we looked more like scoring...till we scored. QPR are a differtent kettle of pilchards.

Ipswich couldn't handle our front lads, their defence was shit, but their midfield still looked better than ours till we scored imo. QPR are obviously a better team but once Jonas came on we seemed to come into the game a lot more. I wasn't there though so I could be wrong.

Sitting in the corner of Gallowgate Jonas looked f***ing awful, thank god for Jose E. Some of Jonas passes were lazy, that standing on the ball bollocks while going nowhere was just s**** & it was the most lethargic I have seem him play for us. He had the odd decent touch that was about it.

We are a long ball team with cloggers.