Newcastle United 1 - 1 QPR - 30/09/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Not too bad, extended our lead at the top this midweek although slightly frustrating that it could have been more. Only got to listen to the second half and it sounded like the teams were fairly even. Was the penalty a bad miss or a good save? Surprised people are questioning Guthrie taking it...he's taken and scored for us before (something no-one else in the team could say...) is our best set piece taker on a regular basis and has scored a couple of very nice goals this season. Did Nolan take them at Bolton when he was there?

Aye, probably his biggest contribution to us last season was his penalty against us that Shay saved.

Chris Hughton:

"We were up against a very good QPR side this evening, that played some good football and were very good in their movement. For periods of the game, we didn't get close enough to them.

"It's a big reminder for anybody of the quality in this league...

Bollocks. It's only a reminder that we have some very limited football players at this club and even at this level they can find themselves out-classed if not out-clogged.

Not too bad, extended our lead at the top this midweek although slightly frustrating that it could have been more. Only got to listen to the second half and it sounded like the teams were fairly even. Was the penalty a bad miss or a good save? Surprised people are questioning Guthrie taking it...he's taken and scored for us before (something no-one else in the team could say...) is our best set piece taker on a regular basis and has scored a couple of very nice goals this season. Did Nolan take them at Bolton when he was there?

Aye, probably his biggest contribution to us last season was his penalty against us that Shay saved.

Fuck me, if Shay's saving his penalties I'd keep him well clear :lol:

Sitting in the corner of Gallowgate Jonas looked f***ing awful, thank god for Jose E. Some of Jonas passes were lazy, that standing on the ball bollocks while going nowhere was just s**** & it was the most lethargic I have seem him play for us. He had the odd decent touch that was about it.

We are a long ball team with cloggers.

looked like he was just pissing about trying to clever tricks, but forgot how to just make a simple pass....sums him up really.

I counted 5 times he tried a stupid showboat pass rather than just play the easy ball. Frustratingly flatters to decieve as per usual

Spot on, yet looking on here people thought he changed the game, of course him on left compared to say Butt is going to be a improvement but the introduction of Marlon had a bigger effect. I clearly remember all 2 stone of Routledge forcing him off the ball. Hopefully he will be in free flow against Bristol because in amongst all the grafters & cloggers in midfield we have he has the potential to be the class act.

My thoughts from last night...

Harper - 6. Nothing special. Kicked the ball into touch when and easy pass was on for our right back.

Simpson - 6: Got forward well but again did nothing outstanding.

Taylor - 7: Looks a difference class

Zurab - 6.5: Looks ok and is cool when needed. Remember him pumping up the ball to know one under a bit of pressure instead of passing it across the back.

Enrique - 4 : Can defend then spoils it with silly little errors. His woeful pass made their goal.

Butt - 3: Supposed to play out left but came into the middle and left Enrique exposed. Out of his depth

Smith - 7: Goes for every ball, wins a lot of headers. Good all round play but a silly booking again though.

Nolan - 6: Started in the middle then was pushed out left when Butt couldn't do his job. Still did a good job tackling and closing down.

Guthrie - 3: He did three things wrong last night for me which were unforgivable. Firstly his penalty was awful, I mean really, really bad. Secondly he was on the break in the oppositions box in the first half and instead of putting the ball across the box he shot at the keepers near post which meant a pretty easy save (this may have been before the penalty). Wasteful. Lastly this was totally unforgivable IMO. We were awarded a free kick near the gallowgate end in the second half when we were chasing the game and I watched him shoot (go for the far post with a lot of power) instead of a cross. All of our tall lads were waiting for a cross. Some people might of thought this was a cross but there was way too much power on it for it to be that and it sailed miles over the bar. Didn't play as a team player tonight IMO.

Ranger - 6 pretty quiet, hold up play great. Had a great turn in the first half near the byline but needs to do more than just hold a ball up

Carrol - 6. Better than ranger and good in the air. Needs better service.

Harewood - 6: Goal was a tap-in. Was ruled offside through on goal moment after when about a mile onside. Looks like he can be useful.

Jonas - 8: My MOM. He is our best attacking player and clearly better than anything else we have got. He changed the game and caused all sorts of problems.

Lovenkrands - 6: not enough time.

Jose punt may have started the move that the goal came from but the midfield & centre halfs had plenty of time to shut it down & he was the left hand side with Butt & then the uninterested Jonas playing in front of him.

Seeing as all Butt was expected to do yesterday was offer some defensive cover on the left hand side, if he couldn't even do that than what is the point of his existence?

Just looking Routledges profile on Wiki & saw this

On 10 July 2008, Routledge was the subject of a scathing verbal attack from Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan. Jordan was giving an interview about now ex-Palace midfielder John Bostock, during which he used Routledge as an example of why he believed the youth player should not leave Palace to join Tottenham.

"When Spurs came knocking I told Wayne to stay and learn his trade at Palace, but he went, he grabbed the money, and now he's at Villa not getting in the first team, just like he didn't get in the Spurs team, just like he didn't get in the Portsmouth team and just like he didn't get in the Fulham team."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Routledge

the singing sections endless renditions of "your support is fucking shit" is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

I was getting sick of this last night like. Far too many rounds of "get out of our club" including once when we were taking a freekick and once when we'd just won a corner (both when 1-0 down). I wish more of our fans would join in with positive songs.

Thought QPR played a good game and we were unlucky not to concede more early on when they piled the pressure on. We had no shape in the first half and I was pleased Hughton had the balls to make the obvious sub - had a horrible feeling at half time that he was going to persist with Butt.

Guest Roger Kint

My thoughts from last night...

Jonas - 8: My MOM. He is our best attacking player and clearly better than anything else we have got. He changed the game and caused all sorts of problems.

Seriously? Potentially the stupidest post in forum history :kinnear:

Jose punt may have started the move that the goal came from but the midfield & centre halfs had plenty of time to shut it down & he was the left hand side with Butt & then the uninterested Jonas playing in front of him.

I blame Harper for the goal. He refused to come for the 1st ball that Jose wanted him to and put Jose under pressure and his pressured clearence went to them who scored.

Guest Roger Kint

I blame Harper for the goal. He refused to come for the 1st ball that Jose wanted him to and put Jose under pressure and his pressured clearence went to them who scored.

:thup:

Same here.

the singing sections endless renditions of "your support is f***ing s***" is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

I was getting sick of this last night like. Far too many rounds of "get out of our club" including once when we were taking a freekick and once when we'd just won a corner (both when 1-0 down). I wish more of our fans would join in with positive songs.

Thought QPR played a good game and we were unlucky not to concede more early on when they piled the pressure on. We had no shape in the first half and I was pleased Hughton had the balls to make the obvious sub - had a horrible feeling at half time that he was going to persist with Butt.

It seems they only have a reportoire of 2 or 3 boring songs which they repeat over and over, it's no wonder the rest of the crowd can't be bothered to join in.

And one of their only songs has the audacity to tell away fans their "support is shit"  :idiot2:

:thup:

Same here.

Aye true like, Harps left it wyen he should have came.

the singing sections endless renditions of "your support is f***ing s***" is as pathetic as it is embarrassing.

It seems they only have a reportoire of 2 or 3 boring songs which they repeat over and over, it's no wonder the rest of the crowd can't be bothered to join in.

And one of their only songs has the audacity to tell away fans their "support is s***"  :idiot2:

Why does everyone make such a deal about this?  :lol:  I doubt the away fans will go home crying and if they do who gives a ****? Have you never been abused at an away ground?  People should grow some thicker skins, half the time this is sung it's right, who cares if they've driving up from London, whoop de ****ing doo.  I'm sure other fans would sing it to us at away games more often if it was actually true but our support isn't ****.

As for complaining about the amount of songs coming out of L7, bloody hell, start your own songs if you're sick of hearing the same ones.  :facepalm: At least the toon ultras try to build up a semblance of an atmosphere.

Guest toonlass

And one of their only songs has the audacity to tell away fans their "support is shit"  :idiot2:

How many songs have you come up for the toon? How many songs did you start in St James last night?

Guest Roger Kint

And one of their only songs has the audacity to tell away fans their "support is s***"  :idiot2:

How many songs have you come up for the toon? How many songs did you start in St James last night?

His post doesnt say he did start any, in fact suggests the opposite, his silence(and mine like most others for large periods) doesnt make an excuse for the singing corners stupidity in song selection tbh.

only one team deserved to win - that was us. football matches are about scoring more goals than the other team. for all their slick passing and movement how many shots did they manage on target?

our play wasn't as pretty but it was more effective. on another day it could have been 4-1.

and i agree... stop with the "your support is ******* shit".

I actually sit in level 7 and like to join in the singing but I agree with most of the posters on here.

Why do the fans sing so much about Ashley and the away fans? If want to sing it, fair enough sing it once or twice but it seems like its every 5mins. The QPR fans were not that bad and were singing and defo were not shit.

Its just a shame that the fans seem to sing the Ashley chants a good few times a match but only sing Blaydon Races etc once or twice.

It was a decent atmosphere as well just need to sing different songs and not the same ones over and over again! 

Love the fact people want to blame Harper but not Enrique or the defenders that  off.

We need to stop pissing about with the ball at the back, it nearly cost us twice against Plymouth

Jose whacked  the ball up the pitch ffs!!! That is not pissing around, admittingly it is not row Z defending either.

Guest Roger Kint

Love the fact people want to blame Harper but not Enrique or the defenders that  off.

We need to stop pissing about with the ball at the back, it nearly cost us twice against Plymouth

Its clear that Enriques poor ball was a factor in the goal, its also a fact that Harper should have prevented that happening in the first place though