Newcastle v Bristol City- Pre-match thread

Dinho lad

Guest prestonj1989

Still, I'm glad Taylor is playing. His delivery has been very good this season, he's been something of an unsung hero.

Yeah, but he was pretty poor at LB against Peterborough.

Why is he playing at left back, can't Simpson play there? Seems you're negating Taylor's worth if he's not on the right.

Exactly, I'd rather him on the right so he can get forward and put some crosses in, Enrique is going to be amassive miss, hope he's not out for long.

What's with Enrique? on the official site he's in the starting eleven.

Why is he playing at left back, can't Simpson play there? Seems you're negating Taylor's worth if he's not on the right.

Exactly, I'd rather him on the right so he can get forward and put some crosses in, Enrique is going to be amassive miss, hope he's not out for long.

What's with Enrique? on the official site he's in the starting eleven.

Hamstring injury

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Zurab Khizanishvili, Jose Enrique, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith ©, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Marlon Harewood

Harper

Simpson - S taylor - zurab - josè

guthrie - smith - nolan - gutierrez

Løvenkrands - Harewood.

hopefully. Guthrie taking an extra shift in the middle, and Jonas working down the flanks as usual. Looks good!

Hope hes playing Loven upfront, im glad hes tried that if so. About time we gave the guy a chance. Happy with the midfield also, shame Enrique's out if so. Think the cover should be good enough, but Enrique makes it look so easy its hard to tell.

Good feeling about this game now

A lot riding on the wide players today. With Ryan and Enrique not providing crosses there's going to be a lot of onus on Guthrie and Jonas to provide instead. We need to get a look at Kadar at left back at some point, we can't rely on Enrique being fit all season.

A lot riding on the wide players today. With Ryan and Enrique not providing crosses there's going to be a lot of onus on Guthrie and Jonas to provide instead. We need to get a look at Kadar at left back at some point, we can't rely on Enrique being fit all season.

With us relying on Guthrie and Jonas to provide stuff from wide, I predict that we'll create nothing from those areas.

We HAVE to play Ryan Taylor on the right of midfield.

With us relying on Guthrie and Jonas to provide stuff from wide, I predict that we'll create nothing from those areas.

Probably why Hughton has gone less with target man type strikers today...

Probably why Hughton has gone less with target man type strikers today...

Yep, good point.