Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

I never thought we would get a judgement on this case that goes into so much detail, in fact its quite astronishing how much is revealed in that document. Constructive dismissal is a relatively easy action for an employer to defend because courts and tribunals will readily accept that high level decisions get made for commercial and financial reasons and sometimes this cuts across someone's employment contract. Ashley's reign has seen some lows in incompetent day to day management but the fact that the bunch of low life, sleasy spivs that Ashley put in charge couldn't even defend this action is about as damning an indictment as it gets. Reading that judgement it is apparent that Keegan wasn't even close to losing this imo. 

Good old Joe.

Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia' date=' only to discover he’d got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January.[/quote']

So did KK claim 25M or was that a load of tosh?

found this on Nufc.com:

Keegan claimed that losing his job had cost him the £8,607,534 wages remaining on his contract; he also claims he suffered stigma damages which might prevent him from gaining future employment and he estimated those stigma damages at £16,500,000. The club rejected any such claims and stated that a clause in his contract limiting his payout to £2m was valid and thus thats what they awarded him.

If so thats preety dispicable on behalf of KK.

Keegan claimed the rest of his NUFC contract (worth £8.5m) and his potential earnings over the next seven years at nearly £2.5m per year. Totalling about £25m, and based on loss of future earnings due to his reputation being ruined by NUFC's actions when he was employed by them.

I don't see why it's despicable, he claimed what he (or more likely his lawyers) felt was the potential loss had this case tarnished his reputation as a top-level manager.

You can't blame him for it, but Keegan, more than anyone, would know what him winning that amount would have done to this club.

Now we're in the Championship, aye. The Ashley regime has overseen a ridiculous period of mismanagement including the Keegan fiasco and has resulted in the club being in a position where £25m could cripple it.

I'm not sure why Keegan should have taken into account the fact that as a club we couldn't afford it. Also, Ashley could easily afford it personally.

That's my whole issue with this. I just wish there was a way that Keegan could have taken Ashley to court personally. HE'S the one who should pay, not the person buying the club.

Maybe because his contract was with Newcastle United, and not Ashley in-person?

I know that. I'm just pointing out that the annoying thing for me in this is that Ashley won't actually care.

Keegan must be delighted he wasn't still Man City manager and having to have players like Robinho thrust upon him. Wonder if the doll would have flew then?

I wonder if Mark hughes would put up with having players thrust upon him if he asked for Santa Cruz and got Michael Chopra?

Thaksin tried to throw in a some Thai national players, I recall, and even Sven would have none of that.

Good old Joe.

Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia' date=' only to discover hed got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January.[/quote']

:lol: as much as that's most likely bullshit it wouldn't shock me if it was true.

Shepherd said: “There are no winners in this case. There are only losers - the club and its fans. Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley are just passing through – it is the institution of Newcastle United that is damaged by this episode.

:thup:

Shepherd said: “There are no winners in this case. There are only losers - the club and its fans. Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley are just passing through – it is the institution of Newcastle United that is damaged by this episode.

i hate it when fat fred speaks close to sense, it means i have to acknowledge it

Yeap exactly. Spot on for once Fatso.

Shepherd said: There are no winners in this case. There are only losers - the club and its fans. Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley are just passing through it is the institution of Newcastle United that is damaged by this episode.

When Ashley and Keegan have finished passing through, Fat Fred will ride in on his white horse no doubt. Don't hold back Freddie, we are waiting.

First time I heard him speak since he left  :smitten:

Think he appreciated that him as NUFC manager isnt going to happen again now

If I was owner of Newcastle Utd I would hire him tomorrow after watching that.

One of the things that has always annoyed me about Ashley is why he didnt just replace Keegan and carry on with his vision of taking NUFC forward.

Is it possible, that he immediately decided to sell up because he knew Kevin was going to show up him and his cronies up as the charlatans that they are?

Did Mike Ashley know right there and then that KK had him all ends up ?

One of the things that has always annoyed me about Ashley is why he didnt just replace Keegan and carry on with his vision of taking NUFC forward.

Is it possible, that he immediately decided to sell up because he knew Kevin was going to show up him and his cronies up as the charlatans that they are?

Did Mike Ashley know right there and then that KK had him all ends up ?

probably because he bought nufc as something he could enjoy after the kk thing blew up he was getting a load of stick not to mention the cost of nufc on his pocket (down to his decision not to carry out due diligence he didnt realise how bad the finances were) thought I don't need this and decided to sell it. I don't know how much he actually knew about what happened on that fateful day, as I recall he wasn't in the country at the time and he never really had a hands on role in the club preferring to leave others handle the day to day thing