Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

Guest icemanblue

yup, end of the season or Jan

Oh my days.

So, you expected him to stay on for a full season, or at least til January, knowing that he was working for people who had no intention of honouring their obligations to him? In fact, they'd completely re-written what their obligations even were.

Where is the sense in that? Seriously.

here, give it a break, are keegan's love child ffs, everytime someone has said something even remotely critcising keegan in a general way, you just don't give them the light of day

Eh? :lol:

I've questioned burnip on his claims that Keegan is a 'thieving cunt'. Now I'm questioning him on something that appears to be a blatant wind-up. At what point did I not give anyone 'the light of day'?

well, for a fact your questioning about many games ppl go to etc, one thing i hate is about ppl saying they are a better fan cos they go to more games etc, it's pathetic

Oh, just fuck off, man. I never said I was a better fan than anyone. I was using it to point out that burnip is a plastic know-it-all.

Got to say the Keegan fanatics on here really do support their man passionately but seem unable to discuss any contrary opinion without being very aggressive and offensive.

Save your energy for supporting the team lads. He's gone, it's past, move on.

Got to say the Keegan fanatics on here really do support their man passionately but seem unable to discuss any contrary opinion without being very aggressive and offensive.

fuck off you vile vermin.

f*** off you vile vermin.

I say old chap, that's a bit below the belt.

It's theoretically possible that he could have ignored the Nacho situation and just carried on, I'm sure some managers would have done that. But why should he have to, if he genuinely believed he should be in charge of all transfers?

TBH we'll never know how bad the situation was, and whether KK 'could have' stuck it out... but if you take his word it certainly sounds like he wanted to stay but thought he had no other option.

Course he had no option, think about the situation. They werent backing him atall, they're basically lying to him & the fans at the same time. Theyre also not helping him perform his job atall well - a job in which obviously the performances his team gives are going to effect perceptions of his ability as a manager. At the same time, theyre giving the illusion that they are actually helping him by bringing in players which only he and they are aware are near completely useless for the job.

If we'd ended up finishing 15th or something (assuming under Keegan we'd not have been relegated) due to injuries and having no cover we'd all end up thinking he wasnt up to it as a manager along with everyone else. When he would have had no chance to use his full ability in the job whatsoever. Some are expecting the guy to potentially sacrifice everyones perception of his ability as a manager purely on what would have been a laughable assumption at the time that those in charge wouldnt employ another manager to manage us for much of the season & then only find a guy who hadnt been in the game for many many years when they finally did.

Anyone with a brain would have left at the time he did.

Kevin Keegan has done much good for Newcastle. But with this one act of folly he has shown that money is his god

Kevin Keegan may have been declared the winner in his battle with former employers Newcastle United.

But in many respects he has come out of this grubby affair as a loser.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

There is absolutely no doubt that Keegan was treated despicably by owner Mike Ashley and his cohorts, but the outrageous extravagance of his claim has left him looking as much a user as the despised Ashley.

The Toon Army looked on Keegan as a man of the people- as one of them. They know differently now.

Their illusion has been shattered into a thousand pieces by a man whose greedy demands are proof that he cared more about cash than the club he publicly professed to love.

No one would deny him the right to clear his name or prove that he was the wronged party. But the sheer scale of his attempt to profit from his treatment is breathtakingly extravagant.

Down the years Keegan has done much good for the Magpies. But with this one act of folly he has shown that like many in football, money is his god.

The details of this sordid affair make sorry reading for the Geordie faithful who were already well aware of the squalid regime that Ashley and his right-hand man Derek Llambias operate and the lies that they have peddled.

But until today they believed that King Kev had their best interests at heart.

Now they have 25 million reasons to doubt him as the credibility of Newcastle United once again lies in tatters.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-mcnally/Kevin-Keegan-has-done-much-good-for-Newcastle-But-with-this-one-act-of-folly-he-has-shown-that-money-is-his-god-article177675.html

There's contrary opinion and there's comments that don't take account of the findings of an independent tribunal. It's almost as if these people haven't read it...

Guest icemanblue

There's contrary opinion and there's comments that don't take account of the findings of an independent tribunal. It's almost as if these people haven't read it...

Amen.

You could have at least ended your reply by calling me a f*cking c*unt !  :dave:

An important question for all of you passionate fans here: -

If you (anyone of you here) were in Keegan's position, what would you have done i.e. pursue a £25million compensation or forfeit all your rights?

Kevin Keegan has done much good for Newcastle. But with this one act of folly he has shown that money is his god

Kevin Keegan may have been declared the winner in his battle with former employers Newcastle United.

But in many respects he has come out of this grubby affair as a loser.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

There is absolutely no doubt that Keegan was treated despicably by owner Mike Ashley and his cohorts, but the outrageous extravagance of his claim has left him looking as much a user as the despised Ashley.

The Toon Army looked on Keegan as a man of the people- as one of them. They know differently now.

Their illusion has been shattered into a thousand pieces by a man whose greedy demands are proof that he cared more about cash than the club he publicly professed to love.

No one would deny him the right to clear his name or prove that he was the wronged party. But the sheer scale of his attempt to profit from his treatment is breathtakingly extravagant.

Down the years Keegan has done much good for the Magpies. But with this one act of folly he has shown that like many in football, money is his god.

The details of this sordid affair make sorry reading for the Geordie faithful who were already well aware of the squalid regime that Ashley and his right-hand man Derek Llambias operate and the lies that they have peddled.

But until today they believed that King Kev had their best interests at heart.

Now they have 25 million reasons to doubt him as the credibility of Newcastle United once again lies in tatters.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-mcnally/Kevin-Keegan-has-done-much-good-for-Newcastle-But-with-this-one-act-of-folly-he-has-shown-that-money-is-his-god-article177675.html

Mackem arsehole by all accounts.

It's theoretically possible that he could have ignored the Nacho situation and just carried on, I'm sure some managers would have done that. But why should he have to, if he genuinely believed he should be in charge of all transfers?

TBH we'll never know how bad the situation was, and whether KK 'could have' stuck it out... but if you take his word it certainly sounds like he wanted to stay but thought he had no other option.

Seriously. You think that ?

Obviously hasn't researched that bit very well.

Guest neesy111

most of ppl on chroniclelive, are not happy with him

Obviously I haven't researched this very well.

Guest Geordiesned

Most of the people on chroniclelive haven't read the judgement.

Guest neesy111

Obviously I haven't researched this very well.

i wasn't meaning that, was saying their is a very different mix of how ppl have reacted

Guest neesy111

Please!. Now that this sorry saga is over, can we now put this bed finally and move on.

I agree, I won't post in the 2 threads from now on!

Time to focus on bristol city 2moz

Most of the people on chroniclelive haven't read the judgement.

Please!. Now that this sorry saga is over, can we now put this bed finally and move on.

Someone help this man, he seems to be suffering from delusions.

He's in the wrong town, on the wrong forum, talking about the wrong club.

First off to IceManBlue, I made a post earlier that said that Keegan publicly denied asking for 25M.  I was wrong it was an unnamed "aide" that was quoted, which was probably bullshit anyways.

Secondly, what is wrong with going for 25M anyways.  It's pretty much SOP to set the bar high for additional leverage and then settle or let the case run it's course.  

Finally what I find interesting is that supposedly Keegan walked away from 4M settlement from Ashley.  I wonder if Keegan was given the opportunity to either a) accept 4M and keep it all private or b) take the 2M and have the decision be public.