Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I wonder who was next if Kinnear turned the job down? Another "remember the 90's?" appointment, doubtless.

George Graham had to be in with a shout.

My mackem brother-in-law phoned me to say 'big Joe's got your fucking job' and I instantly though he meant Joe Royle, that would have been bad enough but Joe Kinnear man. I'll never forget the belly-laugh he let out when he told me it was indeed Kinnear.  :facepalm:

I heard someone saying Newcastle had appointed Joe Kin... (then he wandered off so I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation). I'm sat there wondering who the hell Joe King is for a good few minutes, then ended up checking on here or something and finding out it was him. Kinnear literally never crossed my mind, even when I'd heard most of his name. :lol:

Just flicking through the channels (I swear I'm not watching) and saw Theo Walcott on 'All Star Mr & Mrs'. :harry:

:( I never saw this.

Anybody see René Howe on 'Dating in the Dark'? :lol: He was a complete dick.

Let's face it, this 25 man rule is bullshit.

Look who we haven't had to include...

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Kieran Gibbs

Henri Lansbury

Havard Nordtveit

Aaron Ramsey

Wojciech Szczesny

Carlos Vela

Theo Walcott

Jack Wilshere

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Kieran Gibbs

Henri Lansbury

Havard Nordtveit

Aaron Ramsey

Wojciech Szczesny

Carlos Vela

Theo Walcott

Jack Wilshere

The Spanish version of the rule has more checks and balances to avoid stuff like this. Like you can't have more than 4 non listed on the pitch at the same time. There are some contractual provisions that limit "demoting" players once you put them in the squad, but that's part of the collective agreement of the Spanish players union.

Also people in the main squad MUST wear 1-25 which I like (ludicrous squad numbers being a pet peeve of mine), and people not in the squad must wear 26+

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Kieran Gibbs

Henri Lansbury

Havard Nordtveit

Aaron Ramsey

Wojciech Szczesny

Carlos Vela

Theo Walcott

Jack Wilshere

The Spanish version of the rule has more checks and balances to avoid stuff like this. Like you can't have more than 4 non listed on the pitch at the same time. There are some contractual provisions that limit "demoting" players once you put them in the squad, but that's part of the collective agreement of the Spanish players union.

Also people in the main squad MUST wear 1-25 which I like (ludicrous squad numbers being a pet peeve of mine), and people not in the squad must wear 26+

Aye :lol: on FM i have to give my preferred starting line-up 1-11 and then the rest go 12-25

I wonder who was next if Kinnear turned the job down? Another "remember the 90's?" appointment, doubtless.

George Graham had to be in with a shout.

My mackem brother-in-law phoned me to say 'big Joe's got your fucking job' and I instantly though he meant Joe Royle, that would have been bad enough but Joe Kinnear man. I'll never forget the belly-laugh he let out when he told me it was indeed Kinnear.  :facepalm:

I heard someone saying Newcastle had appointed Joe Kin... (then he wandered off so I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation). I'm sat there wondering who the hell Joe King is for a good few minutes, then ended up checking on here or something and finding out it was him. Kinnear literally never crossed my mind, even when I'd heard most of his name. :lol:

I was in the States and got a text from a mate who is a Wimbledon (now AFC) fan simply saying 'there's no jokin' ere, but there is at Newcastle'. I had no idea what he meant so had to sneak out of a meeting, into a toilet to text him to find out. Awful fucking memory, will never forget that.

Just flicking through the channels (I swear I'm not watching) and saw Theo Walcott on 'All Star Mr & Mrs'. :harry:

:( I never saw this.

Anybody see René Howe on 'Dating in the Dark'? :lol: He was a complete dick.

Saw that, what a massive cunt.

To one degree or another I think this situation with extra kids on top of squads was thought and about planned for - Arsenal are being rewarded for developing/stealing youth. Well done them - better than Man City just flopping out wads for 30 year olds, no? This will encourage a better England team and/or weaken the other leagues of the world if we think we have enough strength as a league to take their kids.

It's ok if you disagree with the actual reasons behind this new rule, but stuff like Arsenal being well off is no accident.

So... as we've named just 23 players in our designated squad, if we were to sign a free player (e.g. like we did with Pancrate last October/November), can he go into our squad and play before the January window?

So... as we've named just 23 players in our designated squad, if we were to sign a free player (e.g. like we did with Pancrate last October/November), can he go into our squad and play before the January window?

I believe so.