Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Nicked this from another forum:

Bet your house on Newcastle getting relegated again next May. 7/1 is brilliant value, after fat Mike has finished taking the club for a ride.

The ambition the board are showing is absolutely terrible.

Pardew is hardly the answer, but the board don't seem to want to help. All that Carroll money, looks like Barton will be leaving, and the latest rumour is that when Enrique completes his £15m move to Liverpool his replacement is someone with no PL experience from Swansea for £1m.

It is inevitable Enrique will leave, if he wanted to stay then he would've been showing more commitment than he is.

That would be (inc Carroll's money, and any other players that leave this summer) over £50m in and probably less than 10% of that will be spent.

As for the apparent Cabaye deal, watch that fall through.

Never felt this low as a NUFC fan in my life.

:dowie:

:lol:

The pitch is currently being re-laid and we are getting new dugout's again.

I can't believe SSN is running this as a story. Then again, I'm surprised noone has started staying 'Mikes even selling off the grass the tight git' or 'wait until its relayed and there is a big Sports Direct logo instead of the centre circle'. It really must be a slow news day!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The pitch is currently being re-laid and we are getting new dugout's again.

I can't believe SSN is running this as a story. Then again, I'm surprised noone has started staying 'Mikes even selling off the grass the tight git' or 'wait until its relayed and there is a big Sports Direct logo instead of the centre circle'. It really must be a slow news day!

Sports Direct logo on the new curved dug outs.

Play on the Pitch at the end of the season offsets cost of the new pitch being relaid.

LCD sponsorship boards will run around the entire pitch now, not just the East Stand.

'Mike Ashley's Sports Direct Army'

Guest Loven11

Former Toon favourite Ruel Fox believes Alan Pardew's style of play is perfect for Newcastle United - and says fans should judge the manager next season after a solid start to his St. James' career.

Pardew led The Magpies to a 12th place finish - although it would have been a top ten position had it not been for a late collapse against West Brom on the final day - but Fox is expecting an even better campaign next time around.

The winger was with the club during 'The Entertainers' years of the 1990s, and spoke to nufc.co.uk this week about the season and his hopes for the summer.

"It was a decent season," he said. "I was at the West Brom game and it sort of summed the season up - some very good stuff and some not so good stuff, but on the whole I think Newcastle will be happy with the season. The main aim for most clubs when they've been promoted is to stay up, and they did that with something to spare.

"After the last couple of seasons, what they needed was just to get a steady ship. Everyone knows how they went down, then came straight back up again under Chrissy Hughton, and even though there was some disruption when the club decided he wasn't the man to take them forward, they still got some good results towards the end of the season.

"But that season is now finished and it's down to work for the next one. I'm sure Alan Pardew knows which players he wants to get - and there will be some he's keen to keep as well.

"He's probably sat with the chairman right now, discussing how much he has to spend, what he can do and what he can't. Last season was quite good and now they will try to move on from it."

And although he was a big admirer of former manager Hughton, who he played under at Tottenham, Fox has also been impressed with the way Pardew has gone about his business since his arrival in December.

Fox - now a personal trainer in his hometown of Ipswich - said: "His football philosophies have always been good. The players seem to enjoy what they're doing.

"All I can go off is what I hear from a football perspective but he comes across as confident, which suits the way Newcastle play. You've got to have a confident, open style of play at Newcastle - that's what the fans demand.

"Obviously they got that when Kevin Keegan was manager and they were so spoilt in that era that it was tough when Sam Allardyce came in, with a different style of play.

"They want to see good football and Pardew likes to play that way. Next season is the time to judge him but he's made a good start."

Fuck sake. Why is saggy face declaring he would be interested in the England job a breaking bit of news on SSN? Would've thought he'd know we get the picture by now and he doesn't have to remind us every 2 fucking months.

Fuck sake. Why is saggy face declaring he would be interested in the England job a breaking bit of news on SSN? Would've thought he'd know we get the picture by now and he doesn't have to remind us every 2 fucking months.

he loves media attention

Peter Ramage: Pic from chops, some fresh faces on there! Check man utd's Darren Fletcher back row 3rd from left! http://yfrog.com/h0xhkyuj

Did Darren Fletcher ever appear for any of our academy sides?

No this a bit of myth & him liking on us on various FM games added to it. IIRC played for one of the really young age groups during the holidays unable to source this but I have read it somewhere.

Sir Alex said:

"We have had him here since he was an 11-year-old, but when he reached 15, everybody was after him," United boss Ferguson said. "He was in the Scottish Schoolboys team and we thought we had lost him because Liverpool and Newcastle came in for him. He had almost agreed to join Newcastle but I got him down to Manchester with his father and he signed for us."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,74271.msg2777119.html#msg2777119

From Nicko:

You will NOT believe the player heading for Newcastle United right now to sign...

Lower division.

Six-month loan.

Mike Ashley had better not go near the ground any time soon.

Oh dear

Just saw a bot reading that thread so popped in for a look. Interestingly it looks like that bit of info referred to Kuqi who was announced 11 days later.

So Nigeria are going to play Argentina again in September. Obviously they're disgusted at their team getting such a drubbing that they're gonna come out against Nigeria all guns blazing. Should be a laugh.