Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest neesy111

Looks like Chelsea and Man City will both be in America this summer as well.  Both are playing at Busch Stadium in St Louis on May 23rd.

End of Season Friendlies are pointless.

Carl Cort got injured in 2001 in one.

Yeah but our economy was so good for so long and now African-Americans are superior athletes so I guess everything worked out better for us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But they all play shit sports so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no World Cups for you

Robbie Rogers: being gay meant I had to give up football

Quitting football was nothing to do with the persistent injuries then.  They were a meager irritant to him, no doubt.

Possibly true, but the complete lack of out gay footballers is kinda damning about how accepted it would be.

He didn't have persistent injuries. Not looking at his history anyway, seemed to play pretty much full seasons in the MLS and then just didn't get a game at Leeds.

Edit: he had an ankle injury. Still, seems a bit churlish to try and question his motivations for retirement.

Robbie Rogers: being gay meant I had to give up football

Quitting football was nothing to do with the persistent injuries then.  They were a meager irritant to him, no doubt.

Err, probably, yeah :lol:

Injuries would be irritating to any footballer but I don't think many would throw in the towel at 25 without really giving it crack at getting fit again. Hopefully he changes his mind and someone signs him up in the future.