Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Nice segment now on Football Focus with Edgar Davids. Think it's fantastic how a lot of the top Dutch stars of the last generation seem to start out by earning their stripes when it comes to coaching credentials. Something some of our own could learn a lot from. :thup:

Going to Barnet today as my game's been cancelled, looking forward to seeing him in the flesh, absolute ledge.

The cunt was only suspended. Astonishingly, for fouling James Beattie who plays up top for Accrinton Stanley these days. With Franny Jeffers. Incredible scenes all round. Luckily I had a punt on 0-0, that game was complete filth.

N.b. I haven't fact checked any of the above but I was told it today and I'm so desperate for it to be true there's no way I'm risking looking it up and finding out it's wrong.

Nice segment now on Football Focus with Edgar Davids. Think it's fantastic how a lot of the top Dutch stars of the last generation seem to start out by earning their stripes when it comes to coaching credentials. Something some of our own could learn a lot from. :thup:

Going to Barnet today as my game's been cancelled, looking forward to seeing him in the flesh, absolute ledge.

The c*** was only suspended. Astonishingly, for fouling James Beattie who plays up top for Accrinton Stanley these days. With Franny Jeffers. Incredible scenes all round. Luckily I had a punt on 0-0, that game was complete filth.

N.b. I haven't fact checked any of the above but I was told it today and I'm so desperate for it to be true there's no way I'm risking looking it up and finding out it's wrong.

Yes Beattie and Jeffers are playing for Accrington Stanley.  The reporter from the game the other night was going on about Accrington having 2 England Internationals playing for them.

Net spend is a strange one. Say you have a youth player who is sold for much more than they are worth (Carroll, Henderson) it's not like your team is a £35m/£20m player down. You are just lucky Liverpool some mug was willing to pay well over the top.

That said it does depend on how it's spent, see Sunderland transfer vs Newcastle transfers :yao:

Guest neesy111

I have no idea if these numbers are accurate, or where they're from.

http://i.imgur.com/7NH9mzK.jpg

Plucky Stoke doing the best they can with their limited resources.

Arsenal fans were promised they would have more transfer money with the Season Ticket prices + extra capacity at the Emirates.  The opposite has happened, can see why they are fucking pissed off with Wenger & their board.

Jeff Stelling:

I was lucky enough to be at St James' Park on Wednesday as the first members of Newcastle United Foundation's Hall of Fame were inducted and my gut feeling from talking to people was that there's a strong solidarity among the current players and that the club as a whole is on the up.

That certainly wasn't the prevailing mood at Christmas, when Newcastle were looking over their shoulders at the chasing pack very closely indeed.

It's no secret that the players who came in during the January transfer window have given everybody a massive boost and the team is now 13th in the Premier League.

If they finished a 'normal' season in that position I think Newcastle would be very disappointed but this season you have to factor the Europa League in.

At the start of that competition I think they thought 'let's see how we go and how much progress we can make'. Now there's a feeling that they could win the Europa League.

At the start of that competition I think they thought 'let's see how we go and how much progress we can make'. Now there's a feeling that they could win the Europa League. They are certainly not shouting from the rooftops that they will but there's just a small feeling of optimism that it is possible.

Without the commitments in that competition, I'm convinced they'd be higher than 13th in the league because this is a side that possesses many qualities.

Moussa Sissoko has impressed everybody since he arrived at the club, in particular.

I didn't know much about him beforehand and, given the lack of interest in him from other clubs, I'm not sure many in the Premier League did either.

Everybody - including the Soccer Saturday lads - made a lot of the fact that they were signing so many Frenchmen and were asking if it would be good for morale when it came to Le Crunch but so far, so good.

Sissoko has been immense but I like Yoan Gouffran as well. He has settled in straight away and is a threat down the flanks, so fair play to Newcastle's scouts.

Alan Pardew has got the team together and playing well so I'm sure Sunday's defeat to Wigan came as a big disappointment, with Haidara's injury only adding to the frustration.

Needless to say there was only one opinion last night on Callum McManaman's challenge. I had a chat with assistant manager John Carver, who has now been charged with misconduct for the FA for his role in an incident at half-time.

John knows better than anyone that he has a short fuse and is a feisty character - he's passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve - and I would imagine that 90 per cent of football fans will understand his anger and frustration at Haidara's injury.

He was almost like the dad protecting his son after his boy has been hurt by a bad tackle during Sunday morning football - it was that kind of instinct.

Dave Whelan's defence of McManaman's tackle - if he has been accurately quoted - did surprise me because there is no question in my mind that the way that McManaman went in was reckless or dangerous, whichever you prefer.

That said I hope Callum isn't demonised because of this; he made a mistake and it was a bad one, but let's not allow this error to blight his whole career. Above all, though, let's hope that Haidara makes a full recovery.