Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Keggy for Southampton?

Wouldn't rule Keegan out now you mention it. He'll fancy it. Club low down the league with money to burn.

Southampton fans want O'Neill

Rumours he was spotted at their last home game. Someone in the mould of Zola, a 'coach' and nothing more than that (as well as being Italian...), seems more realistic to me.

Guest firetotheworks

5 shots, 4 goals conceded. Makes me wonder in which game Harper has made a save? Or does this header against Wolves that went of the post count?

Hitting the post or bar counts as off-target.

Can anyone remember the mass argument on GSS about this? Got really heated, the initial argument lasted about 10mins with Stelling trying to move it on but couldn't, then it was mentioned for about 6 months after.

Was a totally different panel, when they used to chop and change all the time.

Can't believe there's ever even a debate.  The idea of an on-target shot is that it was going in before it was intercepted by a defender or the goalkeeper.  Just because hitting the woodwork seems like a big chance or whatever doesn't mean that it's on-target.

Has anyone ever thought that if it hits the post and goes out it should be a corner?

I have, it seems fair.

5 shots, 4 goals conceded. Makes me wonder in which game Harper has made a save? Or does this header against Wolves that went of the post count?

Can anyone remember the mass argument on GSS about this? Got really heated, the initial argument lasted about 10mins with Stelling trying to move it on but couldn't, then it was mentioned for about 6 months after.

Can't believe there's ever even a debate.  The idea of an on-target shot is that it was going in before it was intercepted by a defender or the goalkeeper.  Just because hitting the woodwork seems like a big chance or whatever doesn't mean that it's on-target.

Has anyone ever thought that if it hits the post and goes out it should be a corner?

I have, it seems fair.

Thats a bit silly. Whats your thinking behind it out of interest, is the post part of the opposition?

Guest schmuck

Even after years of watching football my natural reaction to the ball hitting the post and going out is still 'corner'. Not that I necessarily think it should be, but the instinctive part of my brain just won't learn the rules

Guest firetotheworks

I have, it seems fair.

Thats a bit silly. Whats your thinking behind it out of interest, is the post part of the opposition?

I just think because it's the frame of the goal it feels like there should be some kind of reward. When one of our players hits the bar and it goes out it's only a goal kick, but someone 30 yards away can kick it out and it's a corner. Obvious, of course.

I'm not saying it should change, just that it seems fair.

Ok you get a quarter of a goal every time you hit the bar but it's only counted once you have hit it 4 times.

How good would that be? Plenty of shots being taken from all over the place.

Ok it would be shit.

The authorities should check if any of the Pakistani cricketers confiscated telephones have had calls from numbers that also have contacted Tevez last week also.

How else can you explain that miss and Sunderlands win.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I have, it seems fair.

I can understand that, but wouldn't want it to happen

Guest jonnyameobi

What Sam Allardyce would have done with 100m is something that deserved to be seen, imho.

without a doubt, he could have 7 different squads full of shit

I wonder who was next if Kinnear turned the job down? Another "remember the 90's?" appointment, doubtless.

George Graham had to be in with a shout.

My mackem brother-in-law phoned me to say 'big Joe's got your fucking job' and I instantly though he meant Joe Royle, that would have been bad enough but Joe Kinnear man. I'll never forget the belly-laugh he let out when he told me it was indeed Kinnear.  :facepalm: