Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Avram Grant going to miss the West Ham game for some religious bollocks. Watch them win now.

Tal Ben Haim missing it aswell, great news for Wham.

Probably paid leave too. People involved in professional football live on a different planet to us.

Avram Grant going to miss the West Ham game for some religious bollocks. Watch them win now.

Probably paid leave too. People involved in professional football live on a different planet to us.

Why not? It's one of the most important days in the Jewish year. It's like a Christian taking off for Easter or Christmas.

Where'd you get them from, different to what I'm looking at?

Fifa site - http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Few of my favourites:

Korea are ranked lower than Cyprus & Gabon amongst others.

Norway above Paraguay

Greece 12th

We'd beat Paragay.

Not that the FIFA rankings aren't a joke, mind.

Larrissa Riquelme says no.

Maybe beat em if you played in Tromso. Nee chance anywhere else.

Fifa site - http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Few of my favourites:

Norway above Paraguay

Greece 12th

We'd beat Paragay.

Not that the FIFA rankings aren't a joke, mind.

Larrissa Riquelme says no.

Maybe beat em if you played in Tromso. Nee chance anywhere else.

On current form, I'd fully expect to beat them should we play them. We won't though, so we'd never find out whose right or wrong anyways so let's just keep looking at Larissa Riquelme and be happy she exists. :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,61854.msg2515786.html#msg2515786 :shifty:

Few of my favourites:

Norway above Paraguay

Greece 12th

66 Poland  :lol:

Lowest we´ve ever been (were placed 16th in 2007 and 36th september last year). Think it´s pretty safe to say that Poland will be the lowest ranked team playing in Euro 2012.

Guest neesy111

Van der Vaart to me was better than Kaka last season.  What you could say is that multiple reasons we're behind Kaka's quite awful form last season IMO.

Guest neesy111

It's a stupid comparison, but look at Chelsea and Duff. I was amazed when they flogged him to us for £5m, but he turned out to be another money chasing hasbeen when he was here.

With us signing, Geremi & Duff from Chelsea and Smith & Butt from ManUSA I'm now in the theory of good teams don't sell good players now tbh.

Why not? It's one of the most important days in the Jewish year. It's like a Christian taking off for Easter or Christmas.

It's nowt like that at all. Easter and Christmas are only bank holidays with religious origins where anyone  - regardless of religious affiliation - gets to take time off.

If anyone wants to believe in fairy stories, they should do it in their own time; and if the country/industry you work in thinks it's vitally important you show up on those days, maybe you should think about changing careers/place of work.

If I was Ben Haim or Grant's boss; i'd be tempted to tell them to fuck off and become a Rabbi, and give the job to someone who wants to turn up and do it.

Well then. Frrankly, I am just glad that someone who doesn't believe in the freedom to practice religion isn't in any sort of power.

How does 'turn up for work at working hours' equate to 'restricting freedom'?

I'm going to the European court of humans rights. My employer is expecting me to show on Monday morning, restricting my freedom to watch Jeremy Kyle, eat crisps and have a wank.

:lol: As extreme as S.S.R may be going here, I can kind of see the point he's trying to make. On the flipside, you can't mention christmas as an exception, some countries don't celebrate christmas. If a prominent English player were over in a country such as that (not that they would anytime soon I reckon!) and wasn't allowed time off for Christmas because it's not one of their holidays, wouldn't you be pissed off?