Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/ has launched. It's not great.

That is all.

Eh, what's supposed to be the point of it? It looks like a GCSE ICT project.

The start of their new regional service (ala Tyne Tees and BBC1 Look North etc.). Trialling it up here first.

Ah, so will there be Tyne & Wear specific programmes popping up on Sky/Sky Sports News?

No idea. Just know they're starting it online-based.

Ole Söderberg has recently been interviewed by Swedish paper Aftonbladet. Says he won't stay after the summer, he feels he needs to start playing now. Regarding Carroll: "He used to fight a lot, now that's over, it's a lot calmer here. He says he likes to go out for a beer. He wired the jaw of another player (might not have used those exact words :shifty:)."

On Ba: "He's a big player. Him and Cissé are starting to become famous, and if Ba continues scoring, I guess Liverpool will buy him. That's just the way it feels, as soon as someone comes good here, Liverpool buys them."

Grading his life in Newcastle (out of five):

The town: 4 - "A very nice town. Everyone who has visited me has liked it a lot. A real football-city, everyone loves football and NUFC. I've enjoyed my time here a lot."

The league: 5 - "The best league in the world."

The fans: 5 - "They almost fill the ground every home game. They are fantastic and always supports the team."

His wages: 5 - "I'm very happy with my wages. If you move from Häcken to a PL-club, you're going to make a lot."

The weather: 2 - "It's windy as hell, and rains a lot. It's warmer than Gothenburg, but I would probably prefer Gothenburg, it's always raining and windy here."

Glamour: 3 - "Sometimes I get recognised and get to sign shirts. If you out to a club, you move past the queue."

Wasn't expecting that reaction.

It was a big decision for Spurs, I would put it on a par with signing Modric, if not more important for the Club.  £41m of government funding secured for the project (not the stadium), £16m of s106's cancelled, as a director of Spurs at the meeting said "If these planning permissions are granted today, the Club can start finalising the bank funding and naming rights tomorrow.

The permissions were all passed, the first phase could be started within weeks.  Maybe not worthy of a thread but I thought worthy of a mention here.  Sorry if you thought otherwise.

Ole Söderberg has recently been interviewed by Swedish paper Aftonbladet. Says he won't stay after the summer, he feels he needs to start playing now. Regarding Carroll: "He used to fight a lot, now that's over, it's a lot calmer here. He says he likes to go out for a beer. He wired the jaw of another player (might not have used those exact words :shifty:)."

On Ba: "He's a big player. Him and Cissé are starting to become famous, and if Ba continues scoring, I guess Liverpool will buy him. That's just the way it feels, as soon as someone comes good here, Liverpool buys them."

Grading his life in Newcastle (out of five):

The town: 4 - "A very nice town. Everyone who has visited me has liked it a lot. A real football-city, everyone loves football and NUFC. I've enjoyed my time here a lot."

The league: 5 - "The best league in the world."

The fans: 5 - "They almost fill the ground every home game. They are fantastic and always supports the team."

His wages: 5 - "I'm very happy with my wages. If you move from Häcken to a PL-club, you're going to make a lot."

The weather: 2 - "It's windy as hell, and rains a lot. It's warmer than Gothenburg, but I would probably prefer Gothenburg, it's always raining and windy here."

Glamour: 3 - "Sometimes I get recognised and get to sign shirts. If you out to a club, you move past the queue."

who?

I have big news everyone.

Everton u12s lost 4-2 tonight to Tranmere u12s.

After a valiant effort in the 1st half, we were made to pay for the 3 aforementioned strikers being forced to go home to do their homework.

Young Billy got sent off in the 2nd half for an altercation with the Tranmere keeper. The keeper said to Billy that he "stinks of poo" and our lad didn't react well. The Tranmere kid started it, though. It was a poor decision from the referee.

Tomorrow, I'll report back on controversial changes to the lunch menu for the senior team. I've been informed that the spicy tomato pasta is no longer being served and a quintet of players, led by a disbelieving Phil Neville, are set to hold a hunger strike in protest. Interesting to see how that goes.

http://i44.tinypic.com/awf5zs.jpg

:lol: