Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Just thinking, since the days of Zola and JFH, how many genuinely world class amazing superstar strikers have Chelsea had, for a team challenging the top two places every season bar this one?

Crespo - flopped

Shevchenko - mega-money flop

Pizzaro - shite

Kalou - I think he'd be good if he played every week. He's areet

Kezman - was that before or after Zola? flopped anyway

Carlton Cole - lol

Torres - worst value for money signing of all time, arguably

Drogba - been excellent

I make that just the one, which is dead dead poor. Probably missed some others out though.

FWIW, I don't think their strikers have ever been the big issue. It's always been creativity in midfield IMO. Mata has gone some way to addressing that, but they've never really replaced Robben. You need some ridiculous wide players to succeed in this league at the very top tbh. They get you cheap goals because they gift strikers easy chances even when you're not playing especially well.

Malouda has had a couple of boss seasons for them too.

He really did. I remember putting him as my shout for player of the season (can't remember which season) because he was phenomenal at one point. Sadly he just seemed to drift away.

pkelso

Aston Villa's full accounts for 2010-11 have dropped. Income £92m, expenses £158.7m. Do the math, as they say in the Lerner household #AVFC

about 1 hour ago

pkelso

Interesting in #AVFC accounts: 'The directors have received confirmation that the owner intends to support the group for at least one year'

about 1 hour ago

Birmingham City Football Club placed under a transfer embargo by the Football League after failing to file accounts in time #bcfc

Transfer embargo outside a transfer window, that'll teach em  :lol:

Birmingham City Football Club placed under a transfer embargo by the Football League after failing to file accounts in time #bcfc

Transfer embargo outside a transfer window, that'll teach em  :lol:

Fucking them right up. :lol:

pkelso

Aston Villa's full accounts for 2010-11 have dropped. Income £92m, expenses £158.7m. Do the math, as they say in the Lerner household #AVFC

about 1 hour ago

pkelso

Interesting in #AVFC accounts: 'The directors have received confirmation that the owner intends to support the group for at least one year'

about 1 hour ago

Ouch.

Who do y'all want to win out of Arsenal and Liverpool this weekend?

Translation: Do you think we can really finish fourth? Stick or twist? :frantic:

David28 special translation: Which team have you backed with your money?

:snod:

Guest palnese

I've played JFGP a lot today. Just signed for Newcastle from Man City.  Went from 39k to 9k a week. :lol: