Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Miles Starforth ‏ @milesstarforth

Congratulations to Steve Harper, presented with the Wilkinson Sword at @sportnewcastle dinner in recognition for his loyal service to #nufc.

a few kids in front of us are quite annoying, one of them started punching seats when ba missed the pen. girl 1 asked if she could kick the man in the black top in the back (i stopped her, she would have), then when we equalised they went over the top, nearly bowling over a 7yr old and as they rolled around on the ground and over seats. the blood came out as one of them split his head open.....dickheads!

a few kids in front of us are quite annoying, one of them started punching seats when ba missed the pen. girl 1 asked if she could kick the man in the black top in the back (i stopped her, she would have), then when we equalised they went over the top, nearly bowling over a 7yr old and as they rolled around on the ground and over seats. the blood came out as one of them split his head open.....dickheads!

Good girl :lol:

"Church ruined my career"

A retired semi-professional footballer is suing the Baptist church for £10m, claiming the 19 years he spent as a "fervent evangelist" ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United.

According to the London Evening Standard, 46-year-old Arquimedes Nganga, who currently lives in Forest Hill, London, but used to play for a third division side in his native Portugal, quit the sport at the age of 25, two years after he converted to the Baptist faith. He believes he could have earned £20,000 a week, despite never making more than £200 a month playing semi-professionally.

"I could definitely have had a long career in the Premiership," Nganga said. "I see many players playing today who I am not inferior to – and perhaps even better than. Most midfielders are either defensive or attacking but I was both. I had something new." :lol:

Nganga has filed papers at the high court, accusing the leaders of the Baptist Union of Great Britain of destroying his social life, causing him "psychological harm" and defrauding him of money through compulsory donations.

The church said it will vigorously contest the claim.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/05/footballer-sues-church-manchester-united

Miles Starforth ‏ @milesstarforth

Congratulations to Steve Harper, presented with the Wilkinson Sword at @sportnewcastle dinner in recognition for his loyal service to #nufc.

It'd be ironic, if as expected, everyone stood up and clapped him for mostly sitting down with his hands unused.

But LOTG says you cannot score a goal against yourself from a goal kick.  So it's not a goal.

It's clearly not a goal kick.

Yes, he has the ball in his hands and puts it down, ball is in open play.

If he was putting it down for a goal kick the ball was still moving when he kicked it so it should be re taken anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

Hadn't realised until I read the article on the Chronicle website that they'll be no home friendlies next year because of Olympics at SJP.

No great loss, only one this season and was well under 15k there. Surprised Ashley doesnt utilise friendlies as a source of cash tbh.

Premier League - Former Prem star stabbed in legs

Former Tottenham and Bolton star Gudni Bergsson was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in both legs at his office in Reykjavik.

The former Iceland international - who played for Spurs from 1988 to 1994 and Bolton from 1995 to 2003 - became a lawyer after retiring from the professional game, and was rushing to protect a colleague who had also been attacked by a crazed knifeman.

Local media reported that a man entered the law office and demanded to speak to somebody about a debt being collected by the firm. An elderly colleague of Bergsson sat down with the man, who promptly pulled out a hunting knife and stabbed him several times. Bergsson jumped in to protect his unnamed colleague, at which point he received two stab wounds before the attacker was subdued.

Bergsson was later released from hospital, but his colleague remains in critical condition in intensive care.

Icelandic broadcasting corporation RUV reported that the 34-year-old man had gone to the office "with the intention of hurting somebody" after the firm tried unsuccessfully to repossess a motorbike he had bought with a loan. He has been arrested and is in custody but has yet to be charged by Icelandic police.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06032012/58/premier-league-former-prem-star-stabbed-legs.html

Hadn't realised until I read the article on the Chronicle website that they'll be no home friendlies next year because of Olympics at SJP.

Don't really mind that. Would like to go on the odd pre-season away trip again this year like.

Thought this was pretty cool but then again I'm a reet sad kernt.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/platb/files/985/2012/03/outdoor_fluminense_gcom-1_60.jpg

Preview poster for Fluminense v Boca.

Think it loosely means "have a snack" (literally "hit the hunger"), remitting to the fact that La Bombonera means "chocolate box"

Ace poster indeed.

They did too, won 1-2. Good result.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Question 1  How many teams entered the very first F.A. Cup in 1871 - 72 season ?

Question 2  Name one of the 3 irish clubs to have entered the F.A.Cup

Question 1  How many teams entered the very first F.A. Cup in 1871 - 72 season ?

Question 2  Name one of the 3 irish clubs to have entered the F.A.Cup

I assume one of the "Irish" clubs would be Linfield. Dunno who the other 2 could be...