Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

They all look so awkward. :lol:

My money's on Ali and Kaiz' trying to make out numbers some of them have on their hands and seeing where it leads them.

They're all just amateurs.

Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae

Blondie at 1:20 :sweetjesus:

I see your Blondie and raise you a Blondie. 1:52 looks like mega fun. :sweetjesus:

http://forthesakeofscience.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/no-meme.jpg

:D

ALL of them. :megusta:

Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble

UEFA 11/12 revenue: Chelsea €59.9m (10/11 44.5m), Man Utd €36.4m (€53.2m), Arsenal €28.2m (€30m), Man Cty €27.8m (€6.1m), Spurs €3m (€31.1m)

Other English clubs' Europa League revenue 11/12: Stoke €3.5m, Birmingham €3m, Fulham €2.9m.

:lol:

Virtually pointless.

Guest Roger Kint

UEFA 11/12 revenue: Chelsea €59.9m (10/11 44.5m), Man Utd €36.4m (€53.2m), Arsenal €28.2m (€30m), Man Cty €27.8m (€6.1m), Spurs €3m (€31.1m)

Other English clubs' Europa League revenue 11/12: Stoke €3.5m, Birmingham €3m, Fulham €2.9m.

Virtually pointless.

Is that the money UEFA give teams or does it include the revenue off home games? 30000 fans at £20 x 6 home games would double that, still pointless then?

Guest neesy111

Virtually pointless.

Is that the money UEFA give teams or does it include the revenue off home games? 30000 fans at £20 x 6 home games would double that, still pointless then?

Just UEFA money.

Completely forgotten is the gate receipts from the EL.  We still made 13m from our 2003/04 run in total.

Guest neesy111

In comparison to the CL, yes. It's ridiculous and you can see why many clubs simply play the kids.

Only spurs played Kids in the competition last season.....

Sky Sports running a poll on who people think the next manger of Forest will be, these are the managers they selected. :lol:

Who should be the new Nottingham Forest manager?

Harry Redknapp

Mick McCarthy

Alex McLeish

Darren Ferguson

Roy Keane

Sven Goran Eriksson

Virtually pointless.

In financial terms, absolutely pointless I would imagine.

Take an average of €3.1m in revenue and then take out the impact of P.L finishing position (clubs playing in the Europe must finish on average at least 2 or 3 places below than the previous season costing 0.5k per position) travel costs, admin costs, ticket admin costs, additional squad players to offset the impact on the players and it probably ends up costing money to play.

I suppose the only intangibles are the heightened profile of being in Europe (additional sales, new fans, attracting better players etc) and the chance we have of actually winning a cup and what that would do for morale for everyone associated with NUFC.

Edit - forgot about the gate receipts. Obviously a big factor in terms of income.

Sky Sports running a poll on who people think the next manger of Forest will be, these are the managers they selected. :lol:

Harry Redknapp

Mick McCarthy

Alex McLeish

Darren Ferguson

Roy Keane

Sven Goran Eriksson

Isn't that just the list for every managerial vacancy ever?

Harry Redknapp

Mick McCarthy

Alex McLeish

Darren Ferguson

Roy Keane

Sven Goran Eriksson

Isn't that just the list for every managerial vacancy ever?

It really is just that endless merry-go-round where really unaccomplished, shit managers get linked with every job.

I mean, how can any chairman be steeeyyoooooopid enough to employ McFuck now? Some moron will, though.

:lol: what really got me about McLeish was that even when Villa were dominating us at SJP, playing some really nice football on the deck and only being denied by good last-ditch defending or Krul's reflexes, he was going absolutely fucking mental on the touchline. Ranting and raving, angrily bellowing at his players, petulantly waving his arms at them etc.

Then you had an optimist like Pardew who is constantly clapping and encouraging his players - "brilliant Cheik", "well done so-and-so" etc. Totally different approach and sort of fitting that it won the game.

Of course, brummie will probably give a better insight than me. But that negative attitude really irked me, even as an opposition fan.

EDIT: and of course the fact he abandoned the successful on-the-floor football that had gotten a foothold in the game at 1-1 after the interval and resorted to mindless long punts from the centre-halves for no apparent reason