Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool with always be 'The Big 4' no matter how far some of them fall away, Man City have bought their way into that.

Depressing but unlikely to ever change.

Ermmm nah, you can't call them the big 5 with a straight face when Spurs and us finished above 2 of them last season.

The 'big 4' thing only started when the likes of us and Leeds dropped out of the upper reaches of the league and those 4 made up the top 4 for countless seasons in a row.  Whether it was bullshit or not, it was always position-based.  It doesn't work anymore by any stretch of the imagination.

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool with always be 'The Big 4' no matter how far some of them fall away, Man City have bought their way into that.

Ermmm nah, you can't call them the big 5 with a straight face when Spurs and us finished above 2 of them last season.

The 'big 4' thing only started when the likes of us and Leeds dropped out of the upper reaches of the league and those 4 made up the top 4 for countless seasons in a row.  Whether it was bullshit or not, it was always position-based.  It doesn't work anymore by any stretch of the imagination.

Not saying it isn't very, very wrong. Just the way the media will present it.

It's a new one on me mate, you don't hear big 4 or 5 anymore.  Liverpool haven't been top 5 in any of the last 3 seasons before this one for a start.

It's a new one on me mate, you don't hear big 4 or 5 anymore.  Liverpool haven't been top 5 in any of the last 3 seasons before this one for a start.

FourFourTwo's issue last month had the big six on the cover. Bit insulting considering Liverpool finished 7th. Actually they finished EIGHTH. Pricks.

The big 6 without us? :lol: Aye that works.

Mannn, I really hope the FFP rules bite a couple of them on the arse, and the likes of us, Spurs and Everton make our way up there and stay there.

Bizarrely Chelsea annoy me more than the others.  Well it's not that bizarre I suppose, since I fucking hate them.

Our top Premier League scorers:

1 - Alan Shearer (148)

2 - Peter Beardsley (46)

3 - Andy Cole (43)

4 - Les Ferdinand (41)

5 - Shola Ameobi (40)

6 - Nobby Solano (37)

7 - Rob Lee (34)

8 - Gary Speed (29)

9 - Obafemi Martins (28)

10 - Craig Bellamy (27)

Insane how far ahead Shearer is, and that Martins is in there. :lol:

I don't think anybody can make a serious case for presenting Liverpool as part of any Big 4, ManCity have taken their place and it doesn't look they are in a position to claim it back. It's been 3 seasons on the trot without CL and with finishes far off from 4th. Can't call that a blip.

Our top Premier League scorers:

1 - Alan Shearer (148)

2 - Peter Beardsley (46)

3 - Andy Cole (43)

4 - Les Ferdinand (41)

5 - Shola Ameobi (40)

6 - Nobby Solano (37)

7 - Rob Lee (34)

8 - Gary Speed (29)

9 - Obafemi Martins (28)

10 - Craig Bellamy (27)

Insane how far ahead Shearer is, and that Martins is in there. :lol:

Apart from Shola, who's closest to make that list in your current squad?