Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round (last round before 1st round proper)

South Park of the Combined Counties League have been drawn at home against the winner of the replay between Metropolitan Police and Dereham Town.

South Park :lol:

Their star player:

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/181/597194-1.jpg

Something I read about TV power in Norway.. I'm sure Kaiz et al will know more but it seems Brann fans in particular have been actively protesting at games about televised coverage of games - i.e. moving it to stupid times, moving it at late notice and the such. Something appears to have worked as there won't be any Monday matches anymore for the 2013 Norwegian season, the last Sunday match won't start any later than 7pm and all TV games must be announced a minimum of 6 weeks beforehand. I think that's the case anyway - any Solskjaers know more?

Also, with the chaos in Spain with all games kicking off at a different time over the course of Sat/Sun/Mon, I wonder if we'll start to see stronger calls in this country about televised coverage of games fucking fans over? Or are Sky etc just too powerful?

Yeah, pisses me off how the main match is now at 7pm instead of 8pm.

Monday is shit. Friday is shit. Saturday is acceptable.

Barcelona and Spain under-21 centre-back Marc Bartra has suffered an inflammation of the testicles and has been ruled out of the return leg of Spain's Euro 2013 qualifier against Denmark, which takes place tomorrow in Aalborg.

The injury currently prevents the player from walking, meaning he had to be taken to a local hospital by the team doctor to assess the extent of the injury and conduct further tests.

:sadwave:

Daily Mail put out a decent list of teams affected by Africa Cup of Nations:

Arsenal Emmanuel Frimpong, Daniel Jesse Boateng (Ghana), Gervinho (Ivory Coast), Marouane Chamakh (Morocco)

Aston Villa: Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco)

Chelsea: John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses (Nigeria), Bertrand Traore (Burkina Faso)

Fulham: Mahamadou Diarra (Mali)

Liverpool: Oussama Assaidi (Morocco)

Manchester City: Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure (Ivory Coast)

Newcastle United: Cheick Tiote (Ivory Coast)

Queens Park Rangers: Samba Diakite (Mali), Adel Taarabt (Morocco)

Tottenham Hotspur: Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo)

West Bromwich Albion: Peter Odemwingie (Nigeria)

West Ham United: Modibo Maiga (Mali), Guy Demel (Ivory Coast)

Wigan Athletic: Arouna Kone (Ivory Coast)

-----------------------

I wouldn't call it comprehensive as I can think of Mayuka, Mulumbu and maybe even Anichebe as players who could be added to the list as their countries qualified. It doesn't seem like anyone will suffer too much. A few Premier League sides should be rejoicing at the results in Yaounde and Dakar.

In terms of Newcastle, Villa will be without El-Ahmadi, who has started every Premier League match when go to Villa Park Chelsea will be without Mikel Obi, who has started every Premier League match, and Victor Moses when they come to SJP. We also play Tottenham during the African Cup of Nations. Adebayor will be at the tournament, but Togo are not expected to go far and he may be back with the club by this time.

I'd be amazed if Blackpool were 'cash-strapped' given their recent PL sojourn and continued parachute payments.

Didn't one shareholder claim almost the entire profit they made from the PL season? Amounting to about £11m, or something?