Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Some weird ass joint Concacaf and Comnebol 2016 Copa América is going to be held in the US.

Is this official now? Think it will be great because the Gold Cup is shit, it's too bad we didn't put a full strength side out last time we were in Copa America.

The reason the World Cup and Euros hold so much prestige is that they only come round every 4 years.

Having what is basically another Copa America a year later cheapens it. Pretty clear that somebody, somewhere is making lots of money out of this idea.

The reason the World Cup and Euros hold so much prestige is that they only come round every 4 years.

Having what is basically another Copa America a year later cheapens it. Pretty clear that somebody, somewhere is making lots of money out of this idea.

Probably, but isn't that true of every major tournament?

This will probably just be a big exhibition without Confederations Cup considerations. I'm still hoping all the teams put out A-squads, would be the biggest tourney on U.S. soil since WC94.

Oh yeah. It's in USA. This is definitely massively profitable. No need to pander to the latin American community with friendlies when you can have them all over for one massive friendly. :lol:

Well besides all that, we've got the best infrastructure and guarantee of security.

The Hatem picture that the official NUFC FB page uploaded is quality. 4 mackem players trying to keep up with him in the background and says 'Catch me if you can'.

Can't post as I'm on my phone.