Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13072010/58/premier-league-fergie-forced-rest-world-cup-stars.html

Premier League - Fergie forced to rest World Cup stars

Sir Alex Ferguson admits the majority of Manchester United's World Cup stars are unlikely to feature in the club's Premier League opener against Newcastle next month.

England duo Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick, France and South Korea captains Patrice Evra and Park Ji-sung, Serbia defender Nemanja Vidic and new signing Javier Hernandez of Mexico were United's six representatives in South Africa.

Would be good if true, Rooney fucking loves scoring against us.  Could always be those "mind games" though, he always seemed to play his strongest side against us after that 5-0 no matter how shit we were.

Hope its true, but like you said he loves hammering us. Just setup a shite season if we're beaten by overhyped no ones from the reserves/academy.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13072010/58/premier-league-fergie-forced-rest-world-cup-stars.html

Sir Alex Ferguson admits the majority of Manchester United's World Cup stars are unlikely to feature in the club's Premier League opener against Newcastle next month.

England duo Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick, France and South Korea captains Patrice Evra and Park Ji-sung, Serbia defender Nemanja Vidic and new signing Javier Hernandez of Mexico were United's six representatives in South Africa.

Would be good if true, Rooney fucking loves scoring against us.  Could always be those "mind games" though, he always seemed to play his strongest side against us after that 5-0 no matter how shit we were.

If Rooney doesn't play, Owen will. And I'd rather have Rooney scoring a goal against us than a wild-celebrating Owen.

If Rooney doesn't play, Owen will. And I'd rather have Rooney scoring a goal against us than a wild-celebrating Owen.

Owen's knackered ain't he?

Owen's knackered ain't he?

According to the reports I've read he will be fit for the opener.

Remember, he missed the whole pre-season before the 08/09 season and came from the bench against Bolton and scored the winner for us.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:facepalm:

I can see that happening too since its on TV and the little shite will be trying extra hard to impress.  :angry:

My Manc friend has sent this to me:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-news/2010/July/Elite-Squad-fixtures-released

City’s Elite Squad – formerly known as the club’s Reserve side – will kick off their Barclays Premier Reserve League campaign with a home clash with Aston Villa on August 31.

WTF :lol:

If the reserves are the Elite Squad what does that make the first team, then?

My Manc friend has sent this to me:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Reserves-news/2010/July/Elite-Squad-fixtures-released

City’s Elite Squad – formerly known as the club’s Reserve side – will kick off their Barclays Premier Reserve League campaign with a home clash with Aston Villa on August 31.

WTF :lol:

If the reservers are the Elite Squad what does that make the first team, then?

[move]Superstar Squad!![/move]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/144769/Mike-Williamson-s-stock-on-the-rise/

NEWCASTLE defender Mike Williamson says life at St James’s Park is a breeze compared to his experience at Portsmouth.

The Geordies are quietly preparing for their return to the Premier League, while Pompey assume their mantle as the laughing stock of football.

And Williams, who did not make a league appearance for cash-strapped Portsmouth because they could not afford to pay him, said: “At Portsmouth I could tell things were not right from the outset. You could sense there was unrest on and off the pitch.

“It’s so much better at Newcastle. In terms of the club’s stature, the professionalism here, you can tell the difference – the two clubs are a million miles apart.

“This is a good place to be. It feels stable.”

Wow, well this is a new feeling!

Can't do it. Lasted one minute or so. Can't understand why people listen to that station.

I don't know whether they're really that fucking stupid or whether they're radio wumming. Decided on a bit of both in the end.

Don't they say s*** to cause people to phone in? Bloody stupid.

Yeah, hence 'radio wumming', like on that call they were blatently looking for a bite. But I can't understand why they do it, so I honestly think they're actually fucking stupid aswell. Such a waste of bloody airtime, do we not have broadcasting standards or something to stop this kind of tripe ever airing at all?

Whats the latest regarding Portsmouth, are they going out of business?, are they getting points deductions?, or are they coming out of it all?

taxmen appealing the decision over admin (the 20p in the pound thing) so stuck in admin for the moment