Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest neesy111

They are probably banking on the massive TV payout if they stay up. Will end in tears if they don't.

What are the details of this? I know it's more than in previous years, but how much more are we talking here?

Think it goes up between 30%-50%.  Though I think BT's coverage will end up going down the drain like the Setanta deal.  Ridiculous amount they've paid.

They are probably banking on the massive TV payout if they stay up. Will end in tears if they don't.

What are the details of this? I know it's more than in previous years, but how much more are we talking here?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/13/premier-league-tv-rights-3-billion-sky-bt

The landscape of British broadcasting has shifted dramatically after BT bought a large slice of televised football rights, boosting the Premier League's next TV deal to a record £3bn over three years, a 71% increase.

This equates to at least £14m more per year for each football club, with the bottom team in the league from 2013-14 onwards likely to receive more than the £60.6m Manchester City earned this year for ending the season as champions.

not sure I recall off the top of my head but I think I remember that next season the side thats 20th will get more cash in total than City did winning it last season

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/13/premier-league-tv-rights-3-billion-sky-bt

The landscape of British broadcasting has shifted dramatically after BT bought a large slice of televised football rights, boosting the Premier League's next TV deal to a record £3bn over three years, a 71% increase.

This equates to at least £14m more per year for each football club, with the bottom team in the league from 2013-14 onwards likely to receive more than the £60.6m Manchester City earned this year for ending the season as champions.

Won't that just mean prices will sky rocket?

Guest neesy111

:sadnod:

Expect another big increase in the Sky package in the summer.

Probably. Bad news for us. :rolleyes:

PL should make sure that clubs reduce ticket prices by a set % across the board and invest in grassroots/community instead of them pumping it straight into players and agents pockets. Fucking horrendous figures, going to have shitty clubs like whoever bringing in more money than some of Europe's top teams.

If income rises across the board, I wouldn't think so. Although, a club with truly ambitious owners and a club like ours may treat the income differently.

So Everton who are generally just skint, but spend when they can, may invest it in the team, whereas Ashley may take it as drawings :lol:

Edit: Oh you mean, ticket prices. Thought you meant player prices.

Guest neesy111

PL should make sure that clubs reduce ticket prices by a set % across the board and invest in grassroots/community instead of them pumping it straight into players and agents pockets. Fucking horrendous figures, going to have shitty clubs like whoever bringing in more money than some of Europe's top teams.

Correct, but I bet it doesn't happen though.

Guest neesy111

If income rises across the board, I wouldn't think so. Although, a club with truly ambitious owners and a club like ours may treat the income differently.

So Everton who are generally just skint, but spend when they can, may invest it in the team, whereas Ashley may take it as drawings :lol:

I thought he meant the price for Sky. :undecided:

so did I and they will and every single agent must be rubbing their hands in glee over the prospective amount of cash they're about to get next summer and in jan out of desperate sides

Asking prices for players will go up, particularly when buying from clubs outside the Premier League. Income is going up, so clubs should have more to spend and the actual effect should be minimal apart from the amount of money going out of the game increasing. If shouldn't impact on a club's ability to trade in any negative way.

Of course this won't apply to NUFC.

I meant player prices. I know absolutely nothing about economics, but surely if another club is in a better financial position than they were before, they can be expected to demand more accordingly? Just means even more will be invested abroad, which long term I don't like as it'll be even more difficult for homegrown youngsters to get a chance.