Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

He really irks the shit out of me. 
David Cameron fan boy living the nufc high life through his banana republic trust. 

Hilarious to think that a year ago he'd taken a step back from all this stuff, but now he's front and centre of absolutely everything.

Self-promoting, media-hungry Tory wanksplat decided he actually wanted to take up a position he had no interest in as soon as the takeover happened. Has zero credibility whatsoever imo, he's in it for himself and it's nothing more than a  social climbing exercise. 

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

I'm pretty sure I seen Alex Hurst in the gallowgate concourse before the match on Saturday. I'd had about 8 or 9 pints before the match mind, but I'm sure I remember seeing him.

Strawberry Corner, aye :thup:

11 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Hilarious to think that a year ago he'd taken a step back from all this stuff, but now he's front and centre of absolutely everything.

This sort of irks me like, trying not to be a knob about it but it just seemed off at the time.

And the way the trust brushed it away like it was nowt seemed shitty. I removed my financial support for the trust (ok, it was fairly measly anyways) and put it into a DD to wor flags instead.

I still listen to TF podcast but by God does some of the people on there bug the shit out of me to the point of turning it off.

Good luck to them if they've picked up any awards.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF pretty much everyone stepped back from everything to do with NUFC. Why would you not?

And we've all stepped forward again now.

I think their podcast is good, it's the only fan podcast I listen to. 

Good for you mate, it's nice to see people finally happy with everything nufc again.

But I still hold reservations about Alex's motives.

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

There’s a couple of good people on the podcast but it really irritates me when they get stuff wrong about past matches etc. I know it’s really petty as fuck but if you’re broadcasting like that then get your facts straight :lol: 

I don’t have any memory of that stuff so I never notice :lol:

I guess we should judge the Trust by what they actually do, and how much the fan experience improves. I haven’t a clue on that score TBH. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t have any memory of that stuff so I never notice :lol:

I guess we should judge the Trust by what they actually do, and how much the fan experience improves. I haven’t a clue on that score TBH. 

Yeah I agree with you on that point.

There’s a few of us who felt quite let down by the trust with the loyalty point retention scheme. I gave up 150+ loyalties when Rafa left out of a protest.

I totally accept the clubs position now that we don’t get them back, but the Trust promised to lobby on our behalf to get them back and they changed their minds on that. Quite a few of us gave up our STs on the back of that promise so felt pretty let down when it didn’t happen.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF pretty much everyone stepped back from everything to do with NUFC. Why would you not?

And we've all stepped forward again now.

I think their podcast is good, it's the only fan podcast I listen to. 

Also for clarity only Alex only ever intended on stepping back from NUST not TF as I recall.

The post I made was in reference to TF being up for some possible awards (They didn’t win any)

14 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

So this response and additional ones are misinformed.

The TF podcast is ok. Nothing special but there’s not many if any NUFC podcasts that are. 

Latest email…

Dear Member,

Ahead of Newcastle United’s successful cup tie with Crystal Palace your Trust Board was invited by Newcastle United to a United As One fan engagement event. 

Ahead of the club announcing its formal fan engagement process (which will be in line with the recently introduced Premier League Fan Engagement Standard) the Trust was part of an informal introduction to members of Newcastle United’s Senior Management Team including CEO Darren Eales.

Feedback was sought from club staff on key areas involving supporter engagement, and The Trust was pleased to be involved in delivering your feedback on various subjects ranging from matchday experience, equality, diversity and inclusion, and the clubs ticketing policy.

Having received significant levels of communication from our members in relation to the clubs Ticketing policy The Trust felt it was particularly important that it stressed to those in attendance our members majority view that the club loyalty points system was the fairest way of allocating tickets, but added that many members were concerned that the system is too easily exploited to pass tickets on to those without season tickets or membership. 

We look forward to developing the conversation on this, and the other subjects discussed at the event with the club and our members in future. 

It is important to note that this was an introductory session for many in attendance, including the senior leadership team, during which the club sought feedback from the Trust and other fan groups, and there was a clear willingness on the part of the club to listen to, and learn from supporter's experiences. 

The event was a tremendously positive start to fan engagement, and the event was well received and well attended by a variety of groups and fans.  

Trust Board members being introduced to key personnel at the club such as Darren Eales and Peter Silverstone is a hugely positive step that will support the development of the already strong relationship the club has with the Trust following a meeting with club shareholders Amanda Staveley and Merhrdad Ghodoussi in April this year.

The future looks very bright for the club and supporters on and off the pitch.  It's essential that club and supporters continue to work as one and the Trust Board are delighted that the club are working toward an engagement process that will bring us together. 

1892 Pledge Scheme Thank You Event 

Tonight The Trust hosts a sold out event at the Stand Comedy Club in Newcastle to say 'thank you' to our members who raised £200,000 for good causes through the 1892 Pledge Scheme.

Doors open at 18.30 and we will be starting at 7pm prompt!  if you would like to email a question to be considered for George Caulkin, Alan Shearer and Steve Harper please send to [email protected] before 6PM tonight(15.11.22).

If you are coming to the event please bring cash with you as we have a raffle with some great prizes but can only accept cash on the night to enter the raffle. All of the money raised in the raffle will be split between our four Pledge Scheme charities.

Student Request

My name is Henry Skilling and I am a final year student at Durham University, studying BA Geography. I am currently researching for my dissertation, provisionally titled: A study on the impact of Newcastle United Football Club’s (NUFC) foreign takeover on place-based identity among local supporters. This research seeks to understand the ways in which the recent foreign takeover has impacted fan’s feelings towards Newcastle United and if it has changed their perception of any associated places. The rationale for this research is to contribute to knowledges about how investment in football clubs can maximise both fan and community outcomes. 

Henry can be contacted at [email protected]

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

but the Trust promised to lobby on our behalf to get them back and they changed their minds on that

Which is exactly why I have not one bit of respect for them. Like you say, I completely accept the club's decision to not give them back, but the Trust led me along a merry path. 

Thomas seems absolutely sound to be honest, as did Graeme. He gave me his reasons for leaving and it just reiterates what most people think tbh.

Hurst and his pals are the perfect representation of the modern game.  The punk movement - and the birth of fanzine culture which came with it - was homousian with working class football terrace culture.  It makes perfect sense that now the game has been Co-opted by middle class Tories, it’s fanzines would be no different.  Remember when TF and the Mag started apologetically at first included adverts?  Hurst’s taxi firm was one of the first to sponsor them.  Fanzine culture in football retained its links with music etc.  That’s gone too.  I’d be willing to bet Hurst has bought three albums in his life, and two of those were Coldplay. 

It’s all bought and paid for.  TF was utterly dreary towards the end of its run - though I understand it’s in print form again.  Personally, I find the podcasts they put out tiresome - but then we’re not exactly well-served on that front. 

22 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Nonsense. Is he not now back to being front and centre at the a Trust like having stepped back from it?

Yes but your response was regarding him being at an awards ceremony for TF which like I said I don’t recall him ever saying he’ll step back from. So being front of centre for that is/was always going to be the case. He’d never stepped back from it so your response was misleading.

Think you need to unwind a little. He’s clearly a trigger for you ?

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hurst and his pals are the perfect representation of the modern game.  The punk movement - and the birth of fanzine culture which came with it - was homousian with working class football terrace culture.  It makes perfect sense that now the game has been Co-opted by middle class Tories, it’s fanzines would be no different.  Remember when TF and the Mag started apologetically at first included adverts?  Hurst’s taxi firm was one of the first to sponsor them.  Fanzine culture in football retained its links with music etc.  That’s gone too.  I’d be willing to bet Hurst has bought three albums in his life, and two of those were Coldplay. 

It’s all bought and paid for.  TF was utterly dreary towards the end of its run - though I understand it’s in print form again.  Personally, I find the podcasts they put out tiresome - but then we’re not exactly well-served on that front. 

Out of interest what do you/everyone make of Kevin Miles? I only ask as he’s just been on the radio. Always think he’s created a fantastic niche job for himself. I wonder if that could be others motivations long term ?‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Out of interest what do you/everyone make of Kevin Miles? I only ask as he’s just been on the radio. Always think he’s created a fantastic niche job for himself. I wonder if that could be others motivations long term ?‍♂️ 

Those of a certain vintage will remember him achieving a certain level of ‘fame’ via his constant media appearances for ‘INUSA’ - of which no-one knew anyone who a member, yet somehow the press constantly spoke to - during the ‘Toongate’ scandal in 1998.

His work with the FSA has been good mind - effectively operating as a roving embassy for England fans away.  

4 hours ago, LFEE said:

Yes but your response was regarding him being at an awards ceremony for TF which like I said I don’t recall him ever saying he’ll step back from. So being front of centre for that is/was always going to be the case. He’d never stepped back from it so your response was misleading.

Think you need to unwind a little. He’s clearly a trigger for you ?

Not at all, I said "front and centre of everything" which is true, not just this, which of course is posted on the NUST thread.

Also worth pointing out that I neither quoted the post nor mentioned the awards ceremony.

I get that he's your mate though.

Edited by Joey Linton