Celtic and Rangers in the Premier league.

cp40

What's the chances of Hibs asking for a PL place, too? I mean, if you're going to let the Glasgow teams in, why not other SPL clubs?

Why just Hibs, why not Hearts and Aberdeen too?

Well, exactly.

Newcastle isn't the only gateway into Scotland you know. Its not much more than an hour past Carlisle. Glasgow is hardly lightyears from the North West clubs.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would be next to knock on the door. Heart for example can get 30000 for European games in Murrayfield. They've probably got more fans than a lot of Prem clubs. Playing in the SPL is hardly attractive for fans at the moment. Playing in the English system would boost crowds at the Edinburgh clubs if they could extend their grounds or play at Murrayfield.

Newcastle isn't the only gateway into Scotland you know. Its not much more than an hour past Carlisle. Glasgow is hardly lightyears from the North West clubs.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would be next to knock on the door. Heart for example can get 30000 for European games in Murrayfield. They've probably got more fans than a lot of Prem clubs. Playing in the SPL is hardly attractive for fans at the moment. Playing in the English system would boost crowds at the Edinburgh clubs if they could extend their grounds or play at Murrayfield.

The distance argument is pretty shit tbh, the longest possible journey still isn't that long. This country/island/whatever is tiny.

And another think the Scottish are trying to get independence from us are they not, so why would they want their best two teams in a English division ?

This is what always amuses me.  Politically, the Scots want nothing to do with England but because the Premiership generates so much money, they want their share.  They can't have it both ways.

I also keep hearing how they are the best fans and never cause any bother so it must just be Newcastle where they misbehave.  I think they will bring out the worst in others fans.  When we played Celtic up there a few years back, our fans were chanting some horrible stuff that you would never normally hear from us.

Mind you I love Glasgow so I wouldn't mind a couple of extra visits a year.

Guest Stephen927

Sevilla - Barcelona is a longer trip than Plymouth - Glasgow. 3 hours longer, so distance shouldn't really matter if they make the match a sensible day and hour.

Distance is nonsenical reason, considering how small UK is. Consider the trips from Marseille to Boulogne or from Moscow to Vladivostok. The reason this shouldn't happen is because it's a ridiculous and stupid idea, that Celtic and Rangers are only in for financial benefit.

So what happens if they get relegated from the Premier League - down to the championship they should go, and not back to SPL.  Once they leave the Scottish leagues they should have not route back.

But it does raise the question (as noted above) about Hibs/Hearts and the Dons.

Duno if there fans would like not being in europe every year. They arent good enough for the premiership tbh , both of their teams are really poor. Plus the amount of trouble they would bring it is not worth it.

Fuck Celtic and Rangers both up the fucking arse .

I agree that if they were to get in they would have to start at the bottom and work their way up. If it takes them years to work their way up then so be it and thats the choice theyve taken and will have to stick with it until they get the break and get into the EPL. I doubt it will ever happen but it would be good to see Rangers in the EPL and playin quality opposition week in week out tho.

Guest Brummiemag

We see how hard it is for Portsmouth fans to get Newcastle, now imagine trying to get to Glasgow, it will never work.

That won't even be a minor consideration in the scheme of things because the Premier League dont give a flying fuck about travelling fans, income generation is their only consideration  - if they gave a fuck they would never allow games like Pompey v Newcastle to kick off on a Sunday lunchtime and Newcastle v Pompey to kick off on a Monday night. 

The only ones who'd benefit from this would be the Old Firm. I wouldn't want them anywhere near the PL. You can't by and large hate the English and the team yet expect to play in their league. Fuck Off.

I love the Scots but we owe the Old Firm nothing.

The only ones who'd benefit from this would be the Old Firm. I wouldn't want them anywhere near the PL. You can't by and large hate the English and the team yet expect to play in their league. Fuck Off.

I love the Scots but we owe the Old Firm nothing.

Rangers love the English, just have a look at all the flags at Ibrox. It's just all about the money really. Tbh I don't see how it's any worse than all the rich fatcats ruining the game these days.

I don't think we should let them play in England, even if they did start at the bottom. Why should they? Simply because they're succesful in their own league and have a big fan base? No way. Doesn't matter how good or big they are, they aren't english.

Both teams have more Glory hunters than Man U and Liverpool.

There is nowt worse than the bloke in your street who's grand fathers twice removed cousin was a Rangers/Celtic fan thats why he 'supports' them.

Bringing the two teams is just stupid imo. The only way I would be for something like this would be if the entire English and Scottish leagues amalgamated into the 'British football league'.

That way it would be fair on everybody.

Guest toonlass

my mams neighbour is a rangers season ticket holder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in North Shields.

And? There are plenty of Newcastle season ticket holders who live away from the North East.

my mams neighbour is a rangers season ticket holder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in North Shields.

And? There are plenty of Newcastle season ticket holders who live away from the North East.

And?

Guest toonlass

And?

So what is the big thing about someone having a Rangers season ticket and living in Shields?