Celebrations.

kane2005

A bit of a light hearted topic for a change.

What is your favourite celebration you have seen either live , or on TV , or at a local game on a cold sunday morning. Is there a celebration you done when you have scored which was good or terribly bad.

My favourite celebration had to be from one of the players I used to coach , cup final , scored in extra time , ran to the corner flag picked up and shot all the players on the pitch and they fell down , thought it was rather funny tbh .

I absolutely love goal celebrations, I know some don't like it because it's immature and it's just a goal and whatever but they're a work of art. Favourites of mine are probably Roger Milla's corner flag dance, Lee Hughes' at the moment makes me laugh for some reason, Bouba Diop's dance, Tino with the corner flag, Wright/Ruddock immitating Di Canio/Alcock, the list goes on. Trying to work them into 6 a side at the minute but just end up looking like a twat

Shearer vs Chelsea and Shearer vs Everton. Neither of his smug expressions on these goals were particularly in your face, but you could tell he was a bit fucking pleased with himself. Whenever i watch them back i have to rewind a few times just to see his subtle cheeky grin; particularly with the Chelsea one. Just makes a giddy little feeling inside.

I know some don't like it because it's immature

I'm in this camp. Sorry.

9/10 celebrations that I see make my skin crawl.

My mam was never really into football but for such a gentle, peace loving woman, she used to get really riled back in the early 90's when Giggs and Ince used to do that thing where they faced each other then ran backwards away from each other (but sort of bent over). She would never dare say but I could tell she was thinking "you fucking puffs"

From a non-Newcastle persepective, Cantona's against Sunderland following his chip was quality aswell. I like smug if i'm honest, providing it's warranted and they don't make a fucking twat out of themselves. You can be smug and relatively tasteful at the same time. I can remember the likes of Diouf and Cisse, off the top of my head, on our patch being smug and utter cunts with it.

Shearer vs Chelsea and Shearer vs Everton. Neither of his smug expressions on these goals were particularly in your face, but you could tell he was a bit fucking pleased with himself. Whenever i watch them back i have to rewind a few times just to see his subtle cheeky grin; particularly with the Chelsea one. Just makes a giddy little feeling inside.

Shearer vs Portsmouth when he broke the record still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. He runs away towards the crowd with his traditional one-arm raised but once he gets to the Gallowgate he just can't hold back and the other one goes up too, punching the air. I know it's a silly little thing but that difference just makes me :smitten:.

Guest toonlass

Ketsbaia v Bolton tbh, piss myself every time I see it.

This,

And I liked the street fighter one our lads did last season.

Adebayor vs Arsenal.

Controversial, but it summed up alot of football in one simply celebration.

Tino vs whoever it was.

The one when he puts his shirt ont he corner flag and waves it - what an absolute legend.

Shearers - All of them.

Simple but effective and the one handed salute became his trademark a silhouette of any footballer with their hand up leaning forward and you know who it is.

Shola Ameobi's young gun celebration.

Just because it's Shola, what a guy, his cute smile sets it off. p.s. he went to Heaton Manor.

Ketsbaias against whoever it was.

Absolutely immensely insane.

Dabizas vs Sunderland.

He loved it, you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it.

Robert's end of season celebration.

A little bit bent taking all his clothes off down to his boxers but it was unique and he appeared to love the place.

Oba' Martins when he signed.

Running round the centre circle waving a scarf reminded me of Tino, for that reason and that reason only it was mint.

The ones where the players just lose it and go mental are always the best ones, imo. I like to see that they're actually pleased to score.  I hate it when people get booked for "excessive celebration".

I enjoyed Maradonas at the weekend coupled with Palermo's sheer ecstasy ripping his shirt off in the pouring rain after being in the international wilderness for 10 years . I dreamt that Shearer might have came out of international retirement to do something like this but it wasn't to be  :no:

There's the classic Tardelli celebration in the World Cup Final of 1982. He was absolutely out of his tree.

I'd give an honourable mention to Klinsmann, after his first goal for Spurs. He dived along the pitch, taking the piss out of his own reputation, and since then he's had so many imitators. Not many can claim to have invented a celebration.

I hate seeing players jump up on each other's backs. It's an injury waiting to happen.