George Caulkin

Tooj

I’ll relay a quick story. Over the summer I was asked by you, Newcastle, not to write something. This does not take place very often, but it happens. Just as journalists make mistakes but have sub-editors to correct grammar or statistics or tinker with the style or content of cCAULKINISANIDIOTopy, so managers, players or directors can misspeak in interviews.

I can understand that (I like to make at least one error in absolutely everything I file). What I was asked not to write were words of PRAISE from one employee of the club about another because, I was told, Mr Ashley would be furious about reading such praise.

So Ashley would be upset to read praise about one of the club's employees? I assume it is someone who has since left.

The TV guy, Rob Scanlon ?.

Or it could be Llambias, given he and MA supposedly fell out, which would explain Ashley being "furious", especially if they parted on bad terms at the time.

Guest bimpy474

I’ll relay a quick story. Over the summer I was asked by you, Newcastle, not to write something. This does not take place very often, but it happens. Just as journalists make mistakes but have sub-editors to correct grammar or statistics or tinker with the style or content of cCAULKINISANIDIOTopy, so managers, players or directors can misspeak in interviews.

I can understand that (I like to make at least one error in absolutely everything I file). What I was asked not to write were words of PRAISE from one employee of the club about another because, I was told, Mr Ashley would be furious about reading such praise.

So Ashley would be upset to read praise about one of the club's employees? I assume it is someone who has since left.

Or it could be Llambias, given he and MA supposedly fell out, which would explain Ashley being "furious", especially if they parted on bad terms at the time.

Aye but then what's this talk of Llambias taking over at Rangers. Unless they've made up since of course.

Aye but then what's this talk of Llambias taking over at Rangers. Unless they've made up since of course.

Wasn't it not reported somewhere they had patched up whatever it was that caused them to fall out?

Guest snoopythewriter
What I was asked not to write were words of PRAISE from one employee of the club about another because, I was told, Mr Ashley would be furious about reading such praise.

What in the actual fuck?!

I think there's a bit of fanboy-ism of Caulkin sometimes, but by heck that's a well written piece.

Can't agree with that - by far and away the best journalist when it comes to us.  I am not sure I have actually read a bad article by him.

Wasn't it not reported somewhere they had patched up whatever it was that caused them to fall out?

Sure I read it somewhere as well. I assume the "falling out" was Ashley sticking Kinnear in as DOF.

Guest neesy111

Sure I read it somewhere as well. I assume the "falling out" was Ashley sticking Kinnear in as DOF.

The fact that Llambias was on a plane to the US when Kinnear did his 1st TalkSport show, tells everything you need to know over that.

my guess is Pardew, he's not exactly fond of him atm

I think there's a bit of fanboy-ism of Caulkin sometimes, but by heck that's a well written piece.

You hear that people? It's not cool to like the quality of a journalist/product/anything. The cool kids are apathetic to EVERYTHING.

I'm wondering whether it was a super mind-game decision, rather than something about a former employee.

Thinking outside the box, wondering if MA is very picky over the timing of both positive and negative press. Would prefer praise at certain times. This kind of crazy thinking.

Is he pernickety/smart enough for such tactics tho?

He's been too pro-Pardew. By far the best covering us, though, Farrington's Twitter outburst notwithstanding.

This is the truth.

He's spot on in regards to the running of the club but I don't recall seeing him being critical of Pardew at all.

Looks like the Times will get banned now. Ashley really is a tit.

Really hope they do. Might lead to them laying into him properly as well.

Times Is owned by News CORP iirc.

I would be shocked if the the Club banned a newspaper which is apart of such a big media conglomerate.

He's been too pro-Pardew. By far the best covering us, though, Farrington's Twitter outburst notwithstanding.

Has he? I read most of his articles and can't remember him being particularly supportive of Pardew, which would probably have annoyed me. What has he said?

my guess is Pardew, he's not exactly fond of him atm

:lol: :lol: