Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definitely happy about this. The prospect of having to even consider playing Ryan Taylor anywhere near the first team is one that spells  :kinnear:

When Saylor gets back fit again, he can be considered our 2nd RB, not Raylor.

Plus, Sol will add some much needed aerial strength and power, something which Colo lacks. Could certainly be a benefit to our set-pieces...

Given the state of our finances and our current defence then it's a canny move for us and him. Could well turn out to be a bit of a liability but we need the bodies and his experience might help a few of the younger lads.

Let's wait and see how he does. 

i worry about his motivation to play for us, but still worth a go and considering our makeshift defence atm good signing

it's doubtful its a big pay day, hopefully he's just married and bought a place up here so he may just want to play.

Thinking about it, where does this put Kadar?

Cover for Enrique.

Aye, I was thinking, but its a shame that he wont get a proper run in his natural position- a knack we seem to have with the younger lads. I'm glad we've signed Sol, but its a shame to see Kadar shunned...

I see the Steven Taylor at right-back myth idea is still going around.

Better than Ryan Taylor, mate.

I agree, but there's still no evidence that the club see him playing there.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I see the Steven Taylor at right-back myth idea is still going around.

Better than Ryan Taylor, mate.

He never said he wasn't.

Guest rosstoon

What wage and signing on fee.  Someone i spoke to reckons £30k a week and £1m signing on so combined works to just under £50k a week

If Sol Campbell does sign for Newcastle United, Steven Taylor, who considers himself a good centre-half, should watch & learn from a top pro

:lol:

Spotted via Happy Face.

At first i was a bit meh about this when i saw it but i've been swept up in the optimism  :aww:.

The whole situation seems perfect for him, Wifes a geordie, living in Northumberland, he must love the area.

Its astonishing he has never commanded a transfer fee in his career.

What wage and signing on fee.  Someone i spoke to reckons £30k a week and £1m signing on so combined works to just under £50k a week

Couldn't give a shite what he's on. We wouldn't be signing him if it was too much for Mr Ashley.

Couldn't give a s**** what he's on. We wouldn't be signing him if it was too much for Mr Ashley.

Exactly Dave the Rave.