Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIG SOLOMAN! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Goal threat!  :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow:

It's Sulzeer, not Soloman :pow:

My nickname for him has always been SOLAMUS. A beast of a man

Guest firetotheworks

BIG SOLOMAN! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smitten:

Goal threat!  :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow: :pow:

It's Sulzeer, not Soloman :pow:

My nickname for him has always been SOLAMUS. A beast of a man

Mines always been 'James Brown'

Ye nah, because they're both black.

Who's said they're unhappy Jon?

I'm not going to try and find lots of examples now sitting on the toilet on my phone but as others have mentioned stifler and ronaldo are two.

Then you have a few along the lines of "oh well, an extra body I suppose" like they are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Unless he is coming on silly money I just think it's an obvious positive. We don't have a single centre back who is proven quality in the Prem so it's nice to have one and hopefully the rest look as good as they did last season.

Who's said they're unhappy Jon?

I'm not going to try and find lots of examples now sitting on the toilet on my phone but as others have mentioned stifler and ronaldo are two.

Then you have a few along the lines of "oh well, an extra body I suppose" like they are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Unless he is coming on silly money I just think it's an obvious positive. We don't have a single centre back who is proven quality in the Prem so it's nice to have one and hopefully the rest look as good as they did last season.

:lol:

Edit - well that didn't take long. :blush:

Guest firetotheworks

Stifler and Ronaldo don't count as general consensus btw. I think even they'd admit to that.

This supposed policy of only signing young players seems to be have been perpetuated by the media and now people think of it as fact. Same as the supposed wage cap, is there actually any evidence that the club is rigid on these factors? As far as I can remember it's just been mentioned as a preference, but I'd imagine nearly all clubs want to sign young players on less money, it's not rocket science.

This supposed policy of only signing young players seems to be have been perpetuated by the media and now people think of it as fact. Same as the supposed wage cap, is there actually any evidence that the club is rigid on these factors? As far as I can remember it's just been mentioned as a preference, but I'd imagine nearly all clubs want to sign young players on less money, it's not rocket science.

same as the wage cap,its a general idea that many want to see as a hard and fast rule.

Suppose it adds a bit of depth to the squad.

Don't wish to become a member of Ronaldo and Stifler's doom squad, but I'm not too excited about signing a man reaching 36, who is many years past best, on what is probably a large salary.

Hopefully his wages don't prevent us from making signings in areas we desperately need them  :undecided:

Sol Campbell is a psycho. We've had enough of them.

When we see on SSN there's a large black man standing on top of St James park naked and threatening to jump I'll be all like 'I told you so'.

"babatunde man, all i said was it's your round"

Hard to better this for a short-term signing - only question is over pace but he seems to have done OK with Arsenal last season.

Def better than having Bramble back.

People talk about pace, but I can't say with any certainty that our other options in Taylor and Williamson are any faster than Sol.

Agreed. From what I saw last season, there's nothing wrong with Campbell's pace.

However, at that age, pace can disappear quite quickly, after an injury. But he's well worth the risk.

If I have a worry, it's over his state of mind. He's had a bit of a turbulent time over the last year or so. He seems a bit of a loner, but I actually think it's a good move for him, as well as for us.

Hopefully his wages don't prevent us from making signings in areas we desperately need them  :undecided:

I am happy with the idea that Ashley will have told him to go fuck himself if his wage demands were too great.

arsenal desperatly needed a player to cover at centre back on a short term thing last season and it was broadly seen as a good move.

we do it with the same player and some make out its a bad move.

sometime i do think people will have a go just because its us.

arsenal desperatly needed a player to cover at centre back on a short term thing last season and it was broadly seen as a good move.

:thup:

Good post.

Guest Chris P

Guest firetotheworks

Was just about to post the same thing. Although tbf, it looks like 90% of posters are happy with this.