Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United - 02/11/09 - post match reaction from p22

Nate

The crowd is putting a lot of pressure on the ref, and he's not handling it too well.

The only good thing about that was we haven't conceded, and things can only get better.

We look very tentative. As for Butt, it's all been said.

Their centre halves have been wrestling our forwards blatantly in front of the ref all night. I give up tbh.

The championship isnt easy and our squad is not that much better than anyone else's. Discuss.

We play worse football than most of the sides in the Championship. Discuss.

:lol: Not that impressed with them either. Its a bit of a battle anyway, bit frenetic so its not like a calm collected passing game.

What an awful first half. Can't keep the ball for s***, midfield is non-existant and we haven't looked like scoring at all. Hughton impressed me with the way he got us passing the ball about against WBA and Reading but this is just pure gash. Guthrie can't come on sooner.

Have to say though, I think Colo and Kadar have done alright so far. Tamas has had his moments but looks quite reliable at the back, quick as well.

I think Colo and Kadar are the only positives to take from the first half!

Missed the first 35 or so minutes....how awful has Nick been?

The usual. Off the pace. When he gets the ball, shows no confidence or initiative. Just gets rid of it, even if it's to a man in a worse position.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

RIGHT, FOR FUCKSAKE, CAN WE GET RID OF THE SHITTY, "THERE HAS BEEN 65 POSTS SINCE YOU TYPED YOU MESSAGE CRAP"? I have just had to do my last 6 posts by clicking 16 times before it was posted.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's actually depressing to watch, like being forced to watch two obese, elderly men having sex for 45 minutes.

Was in good mood as I sat down to watch this, it really does drain you watching this shit.

Hopefully we'll randomly get a goal somehow.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think its been pathetic tbh, they've hassled our defenders into knocking it long, if they had time on the ball then aye fair enough pathetic, but we cant at the moment.

If we had the ball and were playing bad then aye pathetic, but when we have it, particularly when Jose gets forward, and Nolan's involved, we look decent enough, certainly decent enough to win.

The championship isnt easy and our squad is not that much better than anyone else's. Discuss.

We play worse football than most of the sides in the Championship. Discuss.

:lol: Not that impressed with them either. Its a bit of a battle anyway, bit frenetic so its not like a calm collected passing game.

Enrique is the only player on our side who has been able to put his foot on the ball and use it. Jonas has threatened, but he fucks it up with his pass invariabley. It can be done, it just needs some confidence and technique.

Guest prestonj1989

What an awful first half. Can't keep the ball for s***, midfield is non-existant and we haven't looked like scoring at all. Hughton impressed me with the way he got us passing the ball about against WBA and Reading but this is just pure gash. Guthrie can't come on sooner.

Have to say though, I think Colo and Kadar have done alright so far. Tamas has had his moments but looks quite reliable at the back, quick as well.

I think Colo and Kadar are the only positives to take from the first half!

I agree but Kadar looks like he is not prepared to kick it with his right foot which could cost us if he is closed down quickly.

We are going to find alot about Chris as a manager after half time. Can he change it, getting us to play better?, or will it be keep it up lads, something might come off for us?

RIGHT, FOR FUCKSAKE, CAN WE GET RID OF THE SHITTY, "THERE HAS BEEN 65 POSTS SINCE YOU TYPED YOU MESSAGE CRAP"? I have just had to do my last 6 posts by clicking 16 times before it was posted.

You can turn it off you know. :lol:

Can you, how?

I've done it.

It's in Look and layout preferences in your profile. Just a case of ticking the box. :)

It's actually depressing to watch, like being forced to watch two obese, elderly men having sex for 45 minutes.

Was in good mood as I sat down to watch this, it really does drain you watching this shit.

Hopefully we'll randomly get a goal somehow.

I've grown accustomed to our form, it helps that i dont rate any of our players as that decent.

I fell asleep after two minutes :lol:

Anyone feel like giving me a short summary of what happened in the 1st half? :lol:

Defender, backpass, harper, long ball, carroll, foul/offside, sit back invite pressure, they miss chance, harper, long ball etc

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know you can turn that off, right? :lol:

Poor first half. The way Hughton has us set up, is that we've come for a point. Can't even hit them on the counter as there's zero pace in the side. Jonas might as well not be playing. Carroll doing OK and getting the better of Morgan, but he needs some support badly. Ranger on for Butt please.