Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United - 02/11/09 - post match reaction from p22

Nate

:colo:

Less than 30secs. Impressive.

Seriously though, it's becoming really tiresome. You think he's brilliant, we get it.

Yes but we need to defend the players who have ability (to the my eye, i admit) who are being singled out by the masses incorrectly (again, imo).

So many times Colo has taken heat for the paucity of the rest of the team.

This season's results are very telling.

I thought Coloccini was good, don't get me wrong, but he kicked the guy needlessly from a long ball (before the ball got to them). The ref was card happy, surely even you Ronaldo can see why that could've been stupid?

He got away with it though :lol:

Guest iliketoonarmy

Like it or not, we defend better when Colo is there.

Like it or not, the result is always better when Jonas is there.

And I admit sometimes they are shit.

Harper 8 - Was class when needed.

Simpson 6 - Ok defensively, distribution was poor

Kadar 7 - Solid all night, very impressed.

Coloccini 7 - Got stuck in and handled their physical game well. Almost spilt my pint when I saw him charging forward on the break in the first half :lol:

Enrique 9 - Best player again. Top Class.

R. Taylor 6 - Lucky deflection for the OG, fairly solid throughout, some iffy deliveries.

Butt 5 - Meh. Was alright by his standards nowadays.

Smith 7 - Won every header and every challenge.

Jonas 5 - Poor, didn't offer a lot at all.

Nolan 7 - Good link up play, as far as I'm concerned he won the ball in the challenge leading up to the goal.

Carroll 7 - Caused Morgan all sorts of problems, deserved a goal.

Subs

Ranger 6

Harewood 5

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very accurate

The point about venting our opinions on Saturday i a profoundly important one. We must try and protest this disaster out of our club.

I really hope the press go after this fat cunt for fucking them about all summer

It was a horrible game against a side who kicked and wrestled anything that moved and a referee who allowed them to get away with it. Not pretty but if Arsenal or Man U had that for an away FA cup tie they'd probably be happy to come out nicking a 1-0 too.

So a decent battling performance and excellent result, but if we had let it slip we'd have had no one to blame but ourselves as the last 15-20 minutes we sank so deep and also squandered the ball far too often.

:colo:

Less than 30secs. Impressive.

Seriously though, it's becoming really tiresome. You think he's brilliant, we get it.

Yes but we need to defend the players who have ability (to the my eye, i admit) who are being singled out by the masses incorrectly (again, imo).

So many times Colo has taken heat for the paucity of the rest of the team.

This season's results are very telling.

What that Colo is Championship class and not Premiership?

It was a horrible game against a side who kicked and wrestled anything that moved and a referee who allowed them to get away with it.

Agreed. The crowd was very influential and the ref wasn't strong enough. Not only did he let them get away with some bad challenges, but every time one of their players fell over in our half of the field they got a free kick. He was a typical homer.

Ironic that our goal came after one of our few fouls that he missed.

I wish we'd dropped Harper after WBA, Krul is clearly the better keeper.

A few thought that (including some denying it now !) that Krul was hard done by

But hell....this game marked Harper's critics cards for them, eh ?

I wish we'd dropped Harper after WBA, Krul is clearly the better keeper.

A few thought that (including some denying it now !) that Krul was hard done by

But hell....this game marked his critics cards for them, eh ?

He made saves late on last night similar to what Krul did at WBA. Harper has been superb recently, but who's to say that given a run of 12-15 games like Harper's had rather than games in a makeshift side that Krul wouldn't have played to a similar standard?

He made saves late on last night similar to what Krul did at WBA. Harper has been superb recently, but who's to say that given a run of 12-15 games like Harper's had rather than games in a makeshift side that Krul wouldn't have played to a similar standard?

Understand it was NOT criticism of Krul, (far from it) who has been loyal and as patient as Harper was behing Given

But fairs fair - we praised Tim to the heavens after WBA - praise now due Harper.

absolute fucking joke.  Dunno how it happened, but you couldn't fit everyone into the row when we were standing. Not a clue how that happened, so we had to stand on the steps, then the bloody stewards came to try and move us all.

It was quite funny watching the little 13 year old kids being Danny Dyer wannabes on the stand to the right of ours though.

Atmosphere was a bit shit, game was even shitter, still I'll take 3 points.

Enrique was the best player on view.

Also I was very impressed with Nolan last night. He seemed to have found his legs again. He was putting in a lot of running and chasing off the ball that I did not think he was capable of. Let us hope it was not just a one off. If he had been started in Butts position and Ranger had started up front I think we may have seen a lot more of the ball. We would not have had to fall back and defend our last third for so long. We could have won comfortably instead of scraping it.

absolute f***ing joke.  Dunno how it happened, but you couldn't fit everyone into the row when we were standing. Not a clue how that happened, so we had to stand on the steps, then the bloody stewards came to try and move us all.

It was quite funny watching the little 13 year old kids being Danny Dyer wannabes on the stand to the right of ours though.

Atmosphere was a bit s***, game was even shitter, still I'll take 3 points.

Yeah, we started a few "School in the morning", and "you're supposed to be in bed" chants at them. :lol:

absolute f***ing joke.  Dunno how it happened, but you couldn't fit everyone into the row when we were standing. Not a clue how that happened, so we had to stand on the steps, then the bloody stewards came to try and move us all.

Atmosphere was a bit s***, game was even shitter, still I'll take 3 points.

Yeah, we started a few "School in the morning", and "you're supposed to be in bed" chants at them. :lol:

:lol:  I was fully vocal with "come back when your balls have dropped"

I thought Coloccini was good, don't get me wrong, but he kicked the guy needlessly from a long ball (before the ball got to them). The ref was card happy, surely even you Ronaldo can see why that could've been stupid?

Yes that's why I said could've.

Oh and :lol:

This match demonstrated just why Carroll is a big asset in this league ; he causes defenders all sorts of trouble(and Sheff Utd's are very physical)as well as being able to lay the ball off well - a skill which will improve as he gets more experience. Very unlucky not to score with that header..needs to control his temper though because he will get a lot of suspensions.

Enrique head and shoulders above every other player on the park - cannot see how Ashley will resist the temptation to cash in soon because this boy should be playing in the Prem.

1 very good and 1 great save from Harper which won the 3 points late in the game.

Creative midfielder a desperate need because we give away too much possession in the midfield by hurried non-passes.

We are winning games without looking as convincing as we should and WBA's goal total is starting to look like an extra point to them....

Guest Brazilianbob

This match demonstrated just why Carroll is a big asset in this league ; he causes defenders all sorts of trouble(and Sheff Utd's are very physical)as well as being able to lay the ball off well - a skill which will improve as he gets more experience. Very unlucky not to score with that header..needs to control his temper though because he will get a lot of suspensions.

Enrique head and shoulders above every other player on the park - cannot see how Ashley will resist the temptation to cash in soon because this boy should be playing in the Prem.

1 very good and 1 great save from Harper which won the 3 points late in the game.

Creative midfielder a desperate need because we give away too much possession in the midfield by hurried non-passes.

We are winning games without looking as convincing as we should and WBA's goal total is starting to look like an extra point to them....

I agree we need a creative midfield player but who?  Hang on isn't there a creative Uraguyan player available in Spain, I think he is called Nacho Gonzalez......!!!! :-)

Yes that's why I said could've.

Oh and :lol:

Those two were having little goes at each other all night. He started it IIRC when he kept man-handling Colo in their box.

Coloccini is shite.

Deluded. He has been badly missed during the games he's been out injured and played very well again last night.

Certainly been missed more than 2 Pools has been.

That post was a joke. He did well last night.