Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Nixon and Jonny: You two just keep bending over and hanging onto your knees while Llambias gets the vaseline and Ashley prepares himself to right royally fuck you up the arse. What would it take for you two to say "enough is enough"?

sitting on your arse doing nothing helps nothing

Stops me looking like an utter fool by needlessly protesting against somebody whom it has already proven it will not affect at all. But no, we have to do it to show others that we will not stand for it. Why the f*** we should care what other people think about is like, it's not like they don't just make their own opinions anyway!

i thought the first protest forced ashley to publicly put the club up for sale

no sorry that was you keeping your arse warm!

There was a lot out there protesting against Ashley

I was supporting the team.

There was the same result - he's still here afterall.

Jonny Hall confirms himself as the most apathetic, fence sitting apologist ever to post on here!

Jonny must be so proud he took the higher ground

I'm not taking the higher ground, I'm just refusing to put my efforts into something that clearly won't work. It's been proven in the past that the great fat one doesn't respond to protests and boycotts and whatever, he's greedy and he's smug and will just laugh at any resistance to his plans.

When? ???

HE'S STILL HERE.

Although they've been on a smale scale, there have been no indications that he'd be 'scared' into selling the club. If there was, he'd have sold for pennies when he first put the club up, or when he put it up in the summer.

He hasn't been subjected to either of those things on any sort of scale, never mind small. A few hundred outside after two games last season, f*** me, it's hardly Tiananmen Square. Shepherd got far worse. f*** knows why.

If the stadium was absolutely empty, not a soul in but the away fans, he would absolutely s*** himself.

That's debatable. If he really wanted bums on seats, he'd have made a signing (either player or manager) to appease the fans. He knows that a Shearer appointment for example would guarentee people in the ground every week. Plus he's already got the money from season tickets so half of people not turning up is pointless.

It may make him s*** himself, but all he would do is put us back on the market where he'd f*** around with it all for another few months before taking it back off and making some ridiculous commitment statement. It's a never-ending roundabout. We just have to face it, he will only leave when he gets off his fat arse and makes the moves, we can't make him do anything.

:lol:

Why would he need to make a signing to appease the fans and get bums on seats? He's made a profit on transfers and he's getting 44,000 in watching us play Doncaster Rovers. He thinks we're f***ing stupid and will take anything as long as it's wrapped in a black and white shirt and he might just be right.

I never thought I'd see Newcastle United fans just lie down and take such treatment with the pathetic whimper we have. What's most depressing is that it's taken this talk of the name change to get people's backs up - he even managed to get us relegated without anyone kicking up a fuss ffs. What has happened to us?

Well said.  But I must admit I've done little.  We need proper big unified protests.  This is where the NUST must step up.  I'll protest on Saturday if I have confidence we'll be in the same place etc.  I'd be up for a boycott of a match too, as I was for Hull, but it needs to be publicised heavily, otherwise it will just be a lower than normal attendance.

Guest Heneage

Nixon and Jonny: You two just keep bending over and hanging onto your knees while Llambias gets the vaseline and Ashley prepares himself to right royally f*** you up the arse. What would it take for you two to say "enough is enough"?

I don't debate the need got him to leave but, answer my question.

What will a protest on his shop or the stadium achieve? I use the last protests as the perfect benchmark. They achieved absolutely nothing, the club wasn't sold, keegan wasn't brought back.

Nixon and Jonny: You two just keep bending over and hanging onto your knees while Llambias gets the vaseline and Ashley prepares himself to right royally f*** you up the arse. What would it take for you two to say "enough is enough"?

What will a protest on his shop or the stadium achieve? I use the last protests as the perfect benchmark. They achieved absolutely nothing, the club wasn't sold, keegan wasn't brought back.

They kind of did.  The club was instantly put up for sale. The fact it wasn't sold is a separate issue.

It wasn't sold but it was put up for sale...

Guest toonlass

They achieved nothing? Really?

Guest Heneage

It's obviously the fault of the fans that nobody wanted to buy a club nailed on to get relegated. Twats.

We were relegated by Christmas?

If you want to be honest, any manager with an ounce of tactical sense, i.e. not Shearer would have kept us up in those last 8 games. Ashley made wank decisions but I want to know what protesting achieved. It didn't get the club sold for a start, I don't care if 'Oh well it got it on the market'. It didn't get it sold.

Guest toonlass

It's obviously the fault of the fans that nobody wanted to buy a club nailed on to get relegated. Twats.

If you want to be honest, any manager with an ounce of tactical sense, i.e. not Shearer would have kept us up in those last 8 games. Ashley made wank decisions but I want to know what protesting achieved. It didn't get the club sold for a start, I don't care if 'Oh well it got it on the market'. It didn't get it sold.

Howay Nixon, that was more to do with Ashley being a twat about selling than anything else. Protesting is a chance to show Ashley exactly how the fans feel. Its about time the fans showed that they are absolutely fed up with being bullshitted by him and Llambias. Not a damn word of truth has come from those two in the whole time they have been here, and we can either do nothing and just take it, or we can actually unite and show them that we are fucking sick.

If you want to be honest, any manager with an ounce of tactical sense, i.e. not Shearer would have kept us up in those last 8 games. Ashley made w*** decisions but I want to know what protesting achieved. It didn't get the club sold for a start, I don't care if 'Oh well it got it on the market'. It didn't get it sold.

But you're being completely idiotic.  It got us for sale. The fact it's not sold is separate.  Surely you can see that.  If Obama died as soon as he got into office before doing anything, it doesn't mean his election campaign is not successful.

It seemed like Llambias was saying, the identity of the stadium was being sold to cover the money lost through relegation? So if that is the case, why are the rights getting sold for next season as well? Surely it should be a case of the rights being sold IF we dont go up, and if we do, the rights arnt sold?

I am aware that the loses will still be there, but with more our income being doubled, then shit like this shouldnt be necessary.

I'd also love to see 500 fans march into SportsDirect in Eldon Sq and chant all of the anti-Ashley things they can think of. It would have to be peaceful obviously but it would get a bit of publicity. The more negative pressure that's created the better. It might take a month or a year or 2 years but there's only so much he'd put up with before he just got so fed up he flogged us. 

thats quite a good idea. easier to get the numbers and cause a bit disruption. it would mean them having to get the police in to clear the protestors. you'd probably get a lot of shoppers joining in too. easier to organize than a huge demo at SJP and would cause more problems. still should have a protest at stadium, but the ones at the stores would allow those not comfortable joining in at the match to vent their spleen.

Guest Heneage

If you want to be honest, any manager with an ounce of tactical sense, i.e. not Shearer would have kept us up in those last 8 games. Ashley made w*** decisions but I want to know what protesting achieved. It didn't get the club sold for a start, I don't care if 'Oh well it got it on the market'. It didn't get it sold.

Howay Nixon, that was more to do with Ashley being a t*** about selling than anything else. Protesting is a chance to show Ashley exactly how the fans feel. Its about time the fans showed that they are absolutely fed up with being bullshitted by him and Llambias. Not a damn word of truth has come from those two in the whole time they have been here, and we can either do nothing and just take it, or we can actually unite and show them that we are f***ing sick.

You don't think he knows how the fans feel? I think he's fully aware how the fans feel, and during his tenure here he's shown he is in no way bothered by the opinions of the fans. I just in no way see what doing it will achieve. And as for SG, the fans goal was for the club to be sold, not for it to be put on the market, if you want to disagree and say it was just to get it on the market, then if you are trying to sell a club is it really the best move to stage a mass protest because you don't like the Director of Football, despite little if any reason at the time to blame him?

I'd also love to see 500 fans march into SportsDirect in Eldon Sq and chant all of the anti-Ashley things they can think of. It would have to be peaceful obviously but it would get a bit of publicity. The more negative pressure that's created the better. It might take a month or a year or 2 years but there's only so much he'd put up with before he just got so fed up he flogged us. 

thats quite a good idea. easier to get the numbers and cause a bit disruption. it would mean them having to get the police in to clear the protestors. you'd probably get a lot of shoppers joining in too. easier to organize than a huge demo at SJP and would cause more problems. still should have a protest at stadium, but the ones at the stores would allow those not comfortable joining in at the match to vent their spleen.

i was talking about this at work today,  500-1000 people walk into Sportsdirect at eldon square at midday on Sat afternoon and just sit down, block everything, tills, doors etc....no one can move in or out and nothing gets sold, then at 1pm everyone gets up and walks to SJP, join in any other protests, then goes to the match.

i was talking about this at work today,  500-1000 people walk into Sportsdirect at eldon square at midday on Sat afternoon and just sit down, block everything, tills, doors etc....no one can move in or out and nothing gets sold, then at 1pm everyone gets up and walks to SJP, join in any other protests, then goes to the match.

I feel like interrupting the operations of a business is something that warrants the intervention of police forces. Not sure this a bright idea.

I feel like interrupting the operations of a business is something that warrants the intervention of police forces. Not sure this a bright idea.

maybe so, but they're not going to be able to arrest 100's of people especially if its peaceful and non aggressive protest and it would at least make it newsworthy and attract interest.  The following week we could get the London supporters club to do the same at the london store!!

It isn't. But how hard can it be to go shopping elsewhere? It's not as if Sportsdirect has a monopoly on Adidas. Just don't buy from them.

Necking a load of bad acid couldn't make things at our club more surreal and disturbing, this whole renaming saga is a crass insult to the proud history of a globally known football club which is more integral to its location and regional psyche than most clubs.  Surely having totally made a complete balls-up of virtually everything he's done during his tenure Ashley would be bending over backwards to try and redress the situation and now this!! :angry:

I'm becoming more and more convinced he's acting out of spite and deliberately trying to stir shit at every turn.  Plenty will be thinking 'ah but yes he's a business man so there's no way he'd intentionally fuck things up' but if he perceives his family has been slighted (threats, insults etc) then business logic could fly out of the window...