If you were President

peasepud

Proper manager

Wage restructure

Get rid of the big earners

How do you expect your "Proper manager" will react when you "Get rid of the big earners"?

Arsene Wenger works within a wage structure, he not proper enough for you?

Working within an existing wage structure (which is massive at Arsenal btw) is completely different to the chairman coming in and saying right Arsene, I'm going to sell or renegotiate the contracts of all your top earning players.

So because there isn't an existing wage structure, it means it wouldn't be possible to implement one? Give over.

This place is full of retards.

Transparency regarding the finances and wages so EVERYONE knows how difficult it'll be. If everyone knows how much of a loss we're making and our wage:turnover ratio then I think you'd see a lot more patience and understanding. It'd be the first step towards getting the fans on the board's side.

Then you appoint a DoF type with experience in the football world to run things regarding the fooball i.e. appointing managers etc., then you appoint an experienced finance type guy to look after your finance. You sit and just make sure everything is done according to the book. If we have a dumbfuck president who sticks his head into everything (that he doesn't know about), we'll be fucked.

Proper manager

Wage restructure

How do you expect your "Proper manager" will react when you "Get rid of the big earners"?

Working within an existing wage structure (which is massive at Arsenal btw) is completely different to the chairman coming in and saying right Arsene, I'm going to sell or renegotiate the contracts of all your top earning players.

So because there isn't an existing wage structure, it means it wouldn't be possible to implement one? Give over.

Sorry, of course you're right Wenger wouldn't bat an eyelid if his chairman told him he'd have to suddenly find replacements for Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin & Gallas (guessing at top earners here) because they're over a wage cap he's just come up with. He's already shackled with having to work within a tight £100m+ wage budget so he probably wouldn't mind at all being told which players were going to be sold off for him. :lol:

Proper manager

Wage restructure

Sorry, of course you're right Wenger wouldn't bat an eyelid if his chairman told him he'd have to suddenly find replacements for Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin & Gallas (guessing at top earners here) because they're over a wage cap he's just come up with. He's already shackled with having to work within a tight £100m+ wage budget so he probably wouldn't mind at all being told which players were going to be sold off for him. :lol:

What a tool.

Right, would you care to name who our equivalent to those players are?

Nolan, Butt and Alan Smith?

I'm sure the manager would be gutted.

Hold open trials for any aspiring players, charge £50 entry (to dissuade the random charvers who would turn up just 'cos they're bored). Tap into the local pool of players who give a s*** about running out in the shirt.

Mike? :shifty:

Imagine if the club did that! Not only a laughing stock of the footballing world, but also accused of exploiting the thick people who think they can be footballers. It would be like the X Factor auditions!

The bit in bold - how so? As pointed out further down, Chelsea did a similar thing on SKY and they're not the laughing stock.

As for the rest of your post...it sounds like a guaranteed money spinner....Xfactor rakes in a fortune!

Hold open trials for any aspiring players, charge £50 entry (to dissuade the random charvers who would turn up just 'cos they're bored). Tap into the local pool of players who give a s*** about running out in the shirt.

Mike? :shifty:

Imagine if the club did that! Not only a laughing stock of the footballing world, but also accused of exploiting the thick people who think they can be footballers. It would be like the X Factor auditions!

The bit in bold - how so? As pointed out further down, Chelsea did a similar thing on SKY and they're not the laughing stock.

As for the rest of your post...it sounds like a guaranteed money spinner....Xfactor rakes in a fortune!

Did anyone take that Chelsea thing seriously though, and what happened to the players? What sort of quality was at the trials, do they regret doing it? Is that the only example ever in the world? I can just image the grief Newcastle would get for holding open trials.

I think the X Factor rakes in money from phone votes, not from charging the hapless contestants £50.

Did anyone take that Chelsea thing seriously though, and what happened to the players? What sort of quality was at the trials, do they regret doing it? Is that the only example ever in the world? I can just image the grief Newcastle would get for holding open trials.

I think the X Factor rakes in money from phone votes, not from charging the hapless contestants £50.

Everton FC did a similar event in Canada.  It was on Fox Soccer Channel, and was typical reality TV fare.  Showed them having open trials in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, selecting their call back list, then picking 30 or so players to enter the training camp. They whittled down the players, with several games (both intra-squad, and against local opposition) before selecting their winner. The winner was offered a scholarship to the Everton Youth Academy in England.

It probably ran as a TV series for 6 or 8 shows.

Quite interesting show for those interested in the game.

well i would keep hughton for atleast 3 years just to see what he could do i am sick of having the pi$$ taken for the amount of managers we have had and sacking him would only give our detractors another stick to beat us with however if he failed then i would sack him and see who the best available manager was at the moment i would go for curbs or kets then i would try and give the manager (who ever that may be) a fair amount to spend then when if we could become a top 10 epl side i would look at starting to invest in the academy then i would work even harder to try and bring the club as close to the community as possible i realise i have mentioned more than the first thing i would do but i thought i may aswell give the full plan

I'd try to get more kids going to games. Whether through cheaper tickets or any other incentives. Seems bonkers that there are roughly 9000 empty seats for every home game when we could fill some of them with kids paying a tenner a pop to see the match. 

Everton FC did a similar event in Canada.  It was on Fox Soccer Channel, and was typical reality TV fare.  Showed them having open trials in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, selecting their call back list, then picking 30 or so players to enter the training camp. They whittled down the players, with several games (both intra-squad, and against local opposition) before selecting their winner. The winner was offered a scholarship to the Everton Youth Academy in England.

NUFC did that in the middle east a few years back.

the winners got refused their work permit i believe.

the winners got refused their work permit i believe.

So lets look closer to home and avoid that problem.

Ian W - I think you're missing the point if you believe the £50 registration fee is aimed at trying to raise funds. Its there to discourage thousands of no-hopers from turning up 'for a laugh' - it's a token amount to dissuade the media-hungry chavs from wasting the club's time. Those who can't afford the fee themselves, but have genuine potential, will no doubt be able to find the funds from a manager/coach/family member who believes in them.

The idea of making money from the event comes from your comparison to Xfactor and running the event as some sort of reality tv talent show...this is certainly something that has been done in other countries (and maybe even Chelsea - although I can't recall if that was phone vote-based), might be worth looking into if the price was right and the production was good. If done properly, the 'NUFC brand' would receive a much needed shot in the arm.

Stu, I know you're trying to make a reasonable point, but you can't be serious!

As if £50 is going to put off a charver from coming to the trials. People are finding £45 a month for their Sky Sports bill, however much for fags and booze, if they think they can play for Newcastle they will find £50. People put 10 lottery tickets on every Saturday FFS.

I can't believe you're seriously suggesting that we should run a TV talent show to find players. I don't know where to start with that one.