2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

I don't think the USA should be playing football at all, really. It's un-American. Yanks should stick to sports that can only be played professionally by people who are freakishly tall or wide, and which have plenty of time for commercial breaks. The sooner they're gone from the World Cup, the better.

Like Peter Crouch or Andy Reid?  Don't underestimate the States, they love a good underdog story.  Also, you're retarded.

I don't think the USA should be playing football at all, really. It's un-American. Yanks should stick to sports that can only be played professionally by people who are freakishly tall or wide, and which have plenty of time for commercial breaks. The sooner they're gone from the World Cup, the better.

Like Peter Crouch or Andy Reid?  Don't underestimate the States, they love a good underdog story.  Also, you're retarded.

Aye, but you don't HAVE to be a freak of nature to play football, do you?

I'm not underestimating the USA. I don't think they're going to be as easy as some on here seem to. But I still think that the sooner they're on the plane back to Yankland, the better for everybody.

England have got to be looking at 9 points. If they were playing USA last then 7 would be acceptable.

If England are to be contenders then surely they must breeze though this group.

Other than Spain no team really stands out, this is as open a WC there has been in a while IMO.

What about Zamora instead of Heskey on the plane to SA?

I debate if he's consistent enough for international football.

He's consistent enough, it's being badly shite where his problem lies.

Do Algeria have anyone decent?

I don't think Meghni from Lazio has been mentioned. Yahya is a decent player and scored the winner against Egypt. Gaouaoui is one of the best keepers in Africa. Overall, they are rubbish though. They are not even really a force in Africa anymore, since the West African powers awoke in the 90's. Someone like my father would remember them as a very good team, but not people my age.

*I had to use wiki to find how to spell that keeper's name and found this: His name is believed to be the only surname with seven vowels in a row, reported by the International Board of Statistics. :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone watching the programme on BBC1? Quite interesting that FIFA under pressure from the TV companies are trying to can the African horns that all the fans take into the stadiums in South Africa. Not only because of the noise but they think they could become weapons in the hands of European fans!

The Americans will be tough, but we should beat the other two comfortably.

Capello has the Ramsey quality, in that he doesn't give a flying one for what anyone else thinks. We won't have any silly selections and if we're going to be beaten, it'll be by a better side.

• 1 month later...

Anybody on here apply for tickets?

After a bit of a delay, the results of our application were recieved the other day. We only applied for tickets for the Final if England get there and all got allocated a ticket. Just got to hope we make it that far now!

• 2 weeks later...

Just read a few brilliant World Cup facts:

- Since 1978, only 5 teams have participated in a World Cup Final (Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Italy, France)

- In 2006, no Western European teams lost to someone from another region in open play (Switzerland lost to Ukraine on penalties)

- Argentina havn't defeated a Western European team in open play since the 1986 final

Just read a few brilliant World Cup facts:

- Since 1978, only 5 teams have participated in a World Cup Final (Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Italy, France)

- In 2006, no Western European teams lost to someone from another region in open play (Switzerland lost to Ukraine on penalties)

- Argentina havn't defeated a Western European team in open play since the 1986 final

The World Cup winners will either be Italy or a nation from outside of Europe. I'm inclined to say South America?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Guus Hiddink set to coach the Ivory Coast in the World Cup apparently. He's signed a 2 year deal to manage Turkey but won't start that until after the World Cup.

Guus Hiddink set to coach the Ivory Coast in the World Cup apparently. He's signed a 2 year deal to manage Turkey but won't start that until after the World Cup.

i really really really hope so  :celb: my beloved elephants need a quality coach

that would make them a lot more dangerous in the wc, whos in their group again?

that would make them a lot more dangerous in the wc, whos in their group again?

brazil, portugal and the mighty north korea