2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

Looking at the full draw though, it's a bit shit. Group G will obviously be good but other than that nothing much to get excited about. Group D will be interesting with Germany, Serbia, Ghana and Australia, three tough games for the Germans.

It's not the greatest draw ever. Hopefully some of those smaller nations have some surprises in store.

England third favourites according to wherever the Beeb got their prices from.

Seems for Spain it would be something like... Portugal/Ivory Coast in 1/8, then Argentina in 1/4, Germany in semis...

Mike: use the "don't thread on me" one

It's December! If I'm already posting pictures from the war, I've got nothing for June. It's all eagles and stereotypes for the run in.

For some reason I really really want to see the US succeed in this WC. I must be sick.

You're a writer, man. It's your nature to pull for the good guys, these aren't fucking French movies, ffs.

Blatantly fixed for the French.

Don't qualify automatically, and FIFA change the rules to introduce a seeded play-off draw.

Can't beat Ireland without referees helping out at the death.

Then get drawn against by far the weakest Pot 1 team and the weakest South Americans.

Excellent draw for England. Should be easy until the quarters unless Germany do something silly to not top their group.

Can't believe how jammy England are!!! Honestly, the worst team in Pot 3 and the worst team in Pot 4.

Ivory Coast in a hard group again, and will probably play Spain next if they scrape through it  :rant:

As a fan, I really like Groups A, D, G and H (can see G being given "Group of Death" status, but I reckon D is harder) but I'm gutted Algeria vs Slovenia and New Zealand vs Slovakia will be taking place.

Oh and the ceremony was reminiscent of the Eurovision Song Contest!!!

For some reason I really really want to see the US succeed in this WC. I must be sick.

You're a writer, man. It's your nature to pull for the good guys, these aren't fucking French movies, ffs.

I'll be wearing my MJ US home shirt in front of the telly all next summer :lol:

I've gone off international football in the last two or three years; but i can't fucking wait for the World Cup. It's immense.

I would absolutely love to go to even just one of the games. I dread to think what it would cost though.

Anyone know the time diff?

Argentina

Nigeria

South Korea

Greece

Good group tbh. We can beat all of these teams and looking at the draw we really have a chance here if we can put our house in order.

btw...what the hell is it with us and Argentina? This will be the fourth time we're at the World Cup and we'll have had them in our group three times!!! Not to mention that we've met them twice in the Olympic final and again in the 2005 WYC final. Anyway, I'm not scared of them at all. Except for Messi....he scares me.

Also, somebody hates Ivory Coast and South Africa.