2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03122009/58/world-cup-2010-theron-draws-ireland-world-cup.html

Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron had some fun at FIFA's expense during a trial run for Friday's World Cup draw when she 'drew' Ireland.

The South African, whose long-term boyfriend is Irish actor Stuart Townsend, made the tongue-in-cheek gesture just one day after FIFA rejected Ireland's appeal to be added to the competition as a 33rd team.

The Irish made the request after France's Thierry Henry was clearly seen handling the ball before setting up William Gallas for the winning goal in the play-off between the two sides.

Theron will co-host Friday's draw with FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke, and Valcke confirmed that Theron pulled Ireland instead of France out of the bowl during rehearsal.

"Yes, she did, but it was only a joke," he said.

The 90-minute show will be televised live to an estimated global audience of more than 200 million people in 200 countries.

She will help place the 32 finalists into eight groups of four teams for the tournament which runs from June 11 to July 11.

:lol:

Charlize Theron :smitten: :smitten:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03122009/58/world-cup-2010-theron-draws-ireland-world-cup.html

Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron had some fun at FIFA's expense during a trial run for Friday's World Cup draw when she 'drew' Ireland.

The South African, whose long-term boyfriend is Irish actor Stuart Townsend, made the tongue-in-cheek gesture just one day after FIFA rejected Ireland's appeal to be added to the competition as a 33rd team.

The Irish made the request after France's Thierry Henry was clearly seen handling the ball before setting up William Gallas for the winning goal in the play-off between the two sides.

Theron will co-host Friday's draw with FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke, and Valcke confirmed that Theron pulled Ireland instead of France out of the bowl during rehearsal.

"Yes, she did, but it was only a joke," he said.

The 90-minute show will be televised live to an estimated global audience of more than 200 million people in 200 countries.

She will help place the 32 finalists into eight groups of four teams for the tournament which runs from June 11 to July 11.

:lol:

Charlize Theron :smitten: :smitten:

I love her more now.  :smitten: Soooooooo Hot.

Did a little draw of my own just now. This is how it came out.

A: South Africa, Mexico, Paraguay, Denmark

B: Holland, Australia, Nigeria, Greece

C: Italy, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Switzerland

D: England, Honduras, Ghana, Serbia

E: Brazil, USA, Algeria, Portugal

F: Argentina, North Korea, Chile, France

G: Germany, Japan, Uruguay, Slovenia

H: Spain, New Zealand, Cameroon, Slovakia

Anyone know if they have published the way the draw progresses, i.e which group winner plays which runner up and so on.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone know if they have published the way the draw progresses, i.e which group winner plays which runner up and so on.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb100/arthurbrutal/WorldCup2010knockoutstructure.jpg

Guest Stephen927

Did a little draw of my own just now. This is how it came out.

A: South Africa, Mexico, Paraguay, Denmark

B: Holland, Australia, Nigeria, Greece

C: Italy, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Switzerland

D: England, Honduras, Ghana, Serbia

E: Brazil, USA, Algeria, Portugal

F: Argentina, North Korea, Chile, France

G: Germany, Japan, Uruguay, Slovenia

H: Spain, New Zealand, Cameroon, Slovakia

Would definitely take that group.

You might take that group but it looks tough from there on if my predictions (based entirely on speculation and opinion - not to mention the randomness of my draw) are correct.

2nd Round                         

Denmark vs Nigeria

Ivory Coast vs Ghana

------------------------------

Brazil vs France

Germany Vs Slovakia

Holland vs Paraguay

England vs Italy

Argentina vs Portugal

Spain vs Uruguay

We'd have to beat Italy second round, then probably Holland in the quarters, then Spain/Argentina/Portugal in the semi's.

I guess it just goes to show that it's not just about the group you get drawn into, but who's in the group you are paired with as you could end up with a really hard route to the final.

Guest Stephen927

Hopefully it's nothing like that then. :lol:

Easiest route to the final please, none of this "got to play the better teams sometime might as well play them second round" bollocks.

Who's people's tips to win then if its not England?  i fancy Chile as a dark horse,  they have probably the best coach in South America in Bielsa.  They finished 2nd behind Brazil but won more games than anyone else in the South American qualfying,  at 50-1 they've got to be worth an each way bet.

Who's people's tips to win then if its not England?   i fancy Chile as a dark horse,  they have probably the best coach in South America in Bielsa.  They finished 2nd behind Brazil but won more games than anyone else in the South American qualfying,  at 50-1 they've got to be worth an each way bet.

if it were any of the other South Americans (other than the Argies/Brazil) then Paraguay.......very strong attack in Cardozo and Cabanas, solid defence and very decent midfield.

They`re always very strong at qualifying but can`t seem to replicate that form in a tournament.

Hopefully it's nothing like that then. :lol:

Easiest route to the final please, none of this "got to play the better teams sometime might as well play them second round" bollocks.

Why? Playing Trinidad and Ecuador hardly did anything to help us against Portugal last time. If we're going to win this thing - we need to play the best teams at some point, and it might aswell be straight away. We're a world class team nowadays so we shouldn't fear anyone.

I don't understand this idea that England is world class just now. It's really the same players as last time swapping out Robinson for James and Nevile for Johnson, and taking out a fit Hargreaves. England will probaly do well, but not because they have transformed into a "world class team" in the last two years.