Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City - 28/11/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Nate

First half, we were excellent. We moved the ball around well, with everything going down the left hand side, via Jose and Jonas. The former was his usual superb self throughout. Three good goals inside 28mins and it was game over. What a pity we took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half, and that is what is so annoying about us at present. Today was an opportunity (like the Peterborough game) to hand out a hammering. Instead we chose to sit back content with what we had. Not sure if that is the players themselves doing that, or being under instructions from Hughton. Either way, got to be happy with the win and moving further clear of the chasing pack.

Swansea fans were very disappointing and only began singing during the 2nd half. Expected a bit more from them, if I'm honest. Good atmosphere up in the singing corner, as always. Liked the banner that read 'Ashley - hows the fraud investigation going?' that was hung up before KO. :D

Guest michaelfoster

First half, we were excellent. We moved the ball around well, with everything going down the left hand side, via Jose and Jonas. The former was his usual superb self throughout.

Thought Enrique was average today tbh, gave the ball away far too much for my liking

Guest Andover Bluebird

Swansea fans were very disappointing and only began singing during the 2nd half. Expected a bit more from them, if I'm honest. Good atmosphere up in the singing corner, as always. Liked the banner that read 'Ashley - hows the fraud investigation going?' that was hung up before KO. :D

Swansea fans are like your beloved mackem neighbours-scruffy, inbred and unable to accept that their rivals are bigger and better.  

Guest michaelfoster

Beg to differ. He's probably our biggest threat going forward.

Agree he's good going forward but some of his passing was very sloppy today

Guest Chris P

Angel Rangel is probably one of the best names in the world

Pity he's a fullback (iirc), otherwise you could buy him an pair him up with Nile.

:smiley6600:

Pancake :lol:

So obvious, yet that really made me laugh.

Blimey - ever occured to me !

LOL.

Who gives a f*** how empty/easy it is. I want promotion and I want it wrapped up ASAP

Absolutely.

Give me ALL games an empty 3-0 win, and I'd  be DELIRIOUS

It makes a change from being interested in their sisters.  Horrible club with delusions of grandeur.

Beats being interested in their Brothers.!!!!!!  Still above you in the league. How did Mr Risdale do in court the other day.

Fair play, he's ripped a horrible club like Leeds apart, now he's doing the same to you lot.

Oh by the way chuffed with the win today. Taking a lot of stick from my mates on the phone. Don't thik I'll wear my Toon top around town the next few weeks.

To think what I was calling Marlon the other night. Hopefully this will kick start his season with us. How did Pancrate do? Don't suppose it will be a fair judgement on The Football League show later.

I was pleased with the sponsors getting the MOTM correct for a change. Coloccini a total cut above, you knew the Swansea attack was over when the ball went anywhere near him.

I'm pleased as well because like Enrique who also got stick early on, it's clear that Colo has some great defensive qualities. If we get promoted and don't sell him he's one of the few in this squad with the class to step up.

You must have a very short memory mate!

He didn't look that good last season, I wonder what's changed. Oh yes, he's playing against 3rd rate strikers, in a division where Shola has looked a world beater.

Guest Andover Bluebird

Beats being interested in their Brothers.!!!!!!  Still above you in the league. How did Mr Risdale do in court the other day.

Fair play, he's ripped a horrible club like Leeds apart, now he's doing the same to you lot.

Only a matter of time before CCFC rise above the vermin.

Ridsdale is a tosser who will hopefully be gone soon.

I pity you living in Swansea-an absolute fleapit of a smack ravaged town-it is the welsh version of Liverpool/Bristol/Sunderland.

Guest neesy111

fast. but also skillfull and direct - no fannying about, attacked their box repeatedly

did he play upfront, or mainly as a winger