Newcastle United vs Watford - Pre Match Thread

Guest PJ87

Why is this not on the television? ... oh right we're playing Watford.  :doh:

(that was for you GG)

We're on TV two days later instead. At a home game. FML we haven't been on TV away from home yet, Sky srsly want to fuck me over.

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

R Taylor   Nolan   Smith   Jonas

Harewood Lovenkrands

A strike partnership gets three goals between them?  Don't change it.

A strike partnership with 4 goals between it in 6 months? Change it.

Shut up man. Harewood has 3 in 6 starts

If your only counting starts then I reckon that is 2 in 6 starts as he scored his 1st goal when he came off the bench.

Who do you think is capable of scoring more goals, him or Carroll?

Harper

Harewood Lovenkrands

Shut up man. Harewood has 3 in 6 starts

If your only counting starts then I reckon that is 2 in 6 starts as he scored his 1st goal when he came off the bench.

Who do you think is capable of scoring more goals, him or Carroll?

They are both about the same but the man who scored two goals in the last game has to start the next game it would be bonkers to drop to him.

As much as I dislike Harewood would be nuts to drop him after scoring 2 goals.As a striker told me before when I slagged him off when played shit.He said Im in the team to score and I did so fuck off...would have being his exact words.Cant argue with that If a striker scores 20 goals in a season but didnt play great in alot of the games he wouldnt get much stick would he,e.g Van Nistlerooy scored shitloads but didnt perform great in alot of matches.

Their main players are the two lads on loan from Arsenal and Man Utd. Shut them down and we win the game easily.

I wouldnt change the team other than bring in Carroll for Lovenkrands and the new lad on the right for Guthrie. Get the wingers running at their full backs and getting crosses in to the two big lads up front. Nolan in behind, 3 up by half time again and this time rub their noses in it and up the goal difference

5-0.

Can't believe people actually want to drop Guthrie. :nope:

Someone on the right with pace vs someone who gets overtaken by a snail?

Not a hard choice.

You've watched him play once, get over it.

Three times actually, but don't let a good old assumption of yours get in the way of the truth :thup:

Harper

Harewood Lovenkrands

Shut up man. Harewood has 3 in 6 starts and Lovenkrands 1 in 2 starts as a striker.

2 in 6 starts actually, as it has been accurately pointed out to you. This time on Friday, before he scored his two tap ins, it was none in 5 starts. Don't let two tap ins get in the way of the bigger picture which is, in all honesty, he contributes fuck all to the team.

Harper

Harewood Lovenkrands

Shut up man. Harewood has 3 in 6 starts and Lovenkrands 1 in 2 starts as a striker.

2 in 6 starts actually, as it has been accurately pointed out to you. This time on Friday, before he scored his two tap ins, it was none in 5 starts. Don't let two tap ins get in the way of the bigger picture which is, in all honesty, he contributes f*** all to the team.

Reminiscent of Shearer  in the latter stages of his career and the whole of Owens.

Harper

Harewood Lovenkrands

2 in 6 starts actually, as it has been accurately pointed out to you. This time on Friday, before he scored his two tap ins, it was none in 5 starts. Don't let two tap ins get in the way of the bigger picture which is, in all honesty, he contributes f*** all to the team.

Reminiscent of Shearer  in the latter stages of his career and the whole of Owens.

Owen and Shearer both had a scoring record of about 1 in 2 for a period of hundreds of games.

He has started only 6 games, has 4 sub appearances and has 3 goals whilst still gaining match fitness.

Basically, better than any of the other strikers bar Shola. You're quite frankly an idiot if a) You consider either of those 'tap ins' and b) the fact that both weren't exactly screamers bothers you in the first place.

Massive vendetta against the lad who to me appears to be trying hard, just not running around like a f***ing headless chicken. If that's your thing, go watch the kids play on a saturday morning.

One swallow doesn't a summer make. Comes to mind.

CH will stick with Harewood & Smith.

I'd play:

Harper

Simpson  Taylor Colo  Enrique

R Taylor  Nolan  Gutherie  Jonas

Lovenkrands Caroll

It won't happen but thats our best team in my opinion at the moment.

I hope harewood proves me wrong and he turns a corner and starts banging them in. But normal service will soon be resumed with Harewood in my opinion. He finished two fantastic oppourtunities that were perfect for him very well indeed last game and he may bury a few more sitters but thats all.

Ronaldo seems to quite fancy him as a player. Lets see if he's right, time will tell probably in the next few games too.

He has started only 6 games, has 4 sub appearances and has 3 goals whilst still gaining match fitness.

Basically, better than any of the other strikers bar Shola. You're quite frankly an idiot if a) You consider either of those 'tap ins' and b) the fact that both weren't exactly screamers bothers you in the first place.

Massive vendetta against the lad who to me appears to be trying hard, just not running around like a f***ing headless chicken. If that's your thing, go watch the kids play on a saturday morning.

interesting interview with harewood on bbc (i think) yesterday with him saying that playing with mcloven gives him more opportumity to get in ther box whereas with carroll,he infers, his role is more withdrawn/supporting.

Harper

Simpson    Taylor                  Colo  The Rampaging Bull

Pancreas    Smith                  Nolan  Jonas

Loven                Harewood.

Well shit em - 4-0

Not 100% sure about just having Nolan and Smith Central though, even though Guthrie plays as a winger he cuts in a hell of a lot, but well have enough going forward not to worry about them too much.

One swallow doesn't a summer make. Comes to mind.

CH will stick with Harewood & Smith.

I'd play:

Harper

Simpson  Taylor Colo  Enrique

R Taylor   Nolan   Gutherie  Jonas

Lovenkrands Caroll

It won't happen but thats our best team in my opinion at the moment.

I hope harewood proves me wrong and he turns a corner and starts banging them in. But normal service will soon be resumed with Harewood in my opinion. He finished two fantastic oppourtunities that were perfect for him very well indeed last game and he may bury a few more sitters but thats all.

Ronaldo seems to quite fancy him as a player. Lets see if he's right, time will tell probably in the next few games too.

I agree with that being our best team at the moment (just noticed no Smith, we probably still need him for most games, especially away).  I'm happy to let Harewood stay in the team though, just to see if he can keep up his scoring,  if it isn't he's worthless and Carroll seems be a better team player (i.e. sets up more and Nolan plays better when he's on the field.)

Harper

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie      Smith  Nolan    Gutierrez

Harewood  Lovenkrands

Don't like Harewood but i see absolutely no reason to change the starting line-up from the other day when we performed so well as a team. Aye we rode our luck on a couple of occassions in the second half... but i genuinely never felt like we were going to concede; we looked far more likely to score than they did, with the pace of Lovenkrands and tenacity of Guthrie. I don't think either of those strikers will manage ninety minutes anyway, so it would be good to get Shola on for some time and not let Carroll get out of touch.

How can anyone justify dropping Guthrie? Even if it isn't him with a direct assist, he's a focal point in so many of our goals and a key player from an attacking point of view. Pancrate looked fairly promising and i'd like to see more of him, but he certainly didn't do nearly enough in his cameo to oust Guthrie.

If anyone should be dropped on merit, it's Smith - cos he was shite at the weekend. But it's barely worth even debating.

Guest neesy111

How can anyone justify dropping Guthrie? Even if it isn't him with a direct assist, he's a focal point in so many of our goals and a key player from an attacking point of view. Pancrate looked fairly promising and i'd like to see more of him, but he certainly didn't do nearly enough in his cameo to oust Guthrie.

If anyone should be dropped on merit, it's Smith - cos he was shite at the weekend. But it's barely worth even debating.

cos he's looking more like nicky butt by the day this season

i would play 3 upfront tbh, take it to the opposition