Newcastle United vs Watford - Pre Match Thread

Guest PJ87

How can anyone justify dropping Guthrie? Even if it isn't him with a direct assist, he's a focal point in so many of our goals and a key player from an attacking point of view. Pancrate looked fairly promising and i'd like to see more of him, but he certainly didn't do nearly enough in his cameo to oust Guthrie.

If anyone should be dropped on merit, it's Smith - cos he was s**** at the weekend. But it's barely worth even debating.

Smith is never as good at home as away because we aren't on the backfoot as much. 

I dropped hi m as he is a CM and we miss a propper winger wide right, Guthrie has no pace to be a winger and no interest in playing out therem he drifts in way to much. Means a lot of our wide play is down the left only, Pancake showed enough in those few mins to warrent a start I reckon.

We've got the personel now so i'd like to see us go for:

................................Harper

Simpson.........Taylor...........Collicini.........Enrique

................Nolan.....Smith......Jonas

..........Harewood...Ameobi...Lovenkrands

Attack, attack, attack

If Guthrie didn't drift into those positions, we wouldn't create anything through the middle either.

As for neesy's comment about him looking like Butt, I'm utterly bemused by that.

He has started only 6 games, has 4 sub appearances and has 3 goals whilst still gaining match fitness.

Basically, better than any of the other strikers bar Shola. You're quite frankly an idiot if a) You consider either of those 'tap ins' and b) the fact that both weren't exactly screamers bothers you in the first place.

Massive vendetta against the lad who to me appears to be trying hard, just not running around like a f***ing headless chicken. If that's your thing, go watch the kids play on a saturday morning.

I've only just clicked you're on the wind up :lol:

We've got the personel now so i'd like to see us go for:

................................Harper

Simpson.........Taylor...........Collicini.........Enrique

................Nolan.....Smith......Jonas

..........Harewood...Ameobi...Lovenkrands

Attack, attack, attack

When did you become an adict?  Lads I think an intervention is needed.

:lol:

How can anyone justify dropping Guthrie? Even if it isn't him with a direct assist, he's a focal point in so many of our goals and a key player from an attacking point of view. Pancrate looked fairly promising and i'd like to see more of him, but he certainly didn't do nearly enough in his cameo to oust Guthrie.

If anyone should be dropped on merit, it's Smith - cos he was s**** at the weekend. But it's barely worth even debating.

He's been pretty shite the last few games. Been fannying about on the ball and losing it in very, very dangerous positions.

our visitors are not in good financial shape

there has been load's of questions of where watford's money has went, they made 15m from selling ashley cole and marlon king alone and they must of made a small amount from their season in the premiership

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/watford/8387626.stm

When did we have Ashley Cole? FWIW, it's all gone in to the pockets of Ashton and Simpson... and Ellington. Bastards.

He has started only 6 games, has 4 sub appearances and has 3 goals whilst still gaining match fitness.

Basically, better than any of the other strikers bar Shola. You're quite frankly an idiot if a) You consider either of those 'tap ins' and b) the fact that both weren't exactly screamers bothers you in the first place.

Massive vendetta against the lad who to me appears to be trying hard, just not running around like a f***ing headless chicken. If that's your thing, go watch the kids play on a saturday morning.

Use whatever stats you want, the guy has been absolute garbage up until the last game.

He did well in the last game & i would give him another start to continue to prove himself. But to already start heading towards claims of him now being one of our best strikers on the basis of two decent headers in a game where even lovenkrands managed to get one is laughable to say the least. In reality you backed him from the start & now you have the slightest bit of evidence backing up your initial opinion you're hammering it home as usual, regardless of how weak it is. He's been crap.

i think it will be this:

Harper

Simpson Taylor  Colo Enrique

Pancrate Nolan Smith Jonas    

Loven   Harewood

Bench:Krul Kadar Guthrie Carroll Ameobi(i think hes back for this one)

Whoever Chris picks its cracking to see that we now have options. Say he sticks with saturdays lineup it means the bench will be from:

Krul, Kadar, Khish, Butt, Geremi, Raylor, Pancrate, Shola, Nile, Carroll, with the likes of Kazenga, Donaldson, Tozer etc. unlikely to even get a look in.

Obviously it hardly ever pans out that way but it means saturdays bench is likely to be the strongest in the championship by far.

Use whatever stats you want, the guy has been absolute garbage up until the last game.

He did well in the last game & i would give him another start to continue to prove himself. But to already start heading towards claims of him now being one of our best strikers on the basis of two decent headers in a game where even lovenkrands managed to get one is laughable to say the least. In reality you backed him from the start & now you have the slightest bit of evidence backing up your initial opinion you're hammering it home as usual, regardless of how weak it is. He's been crap.

Well.....

He's been poor overall but there's something I like about him.

His goals.

Obviously it hardly ever pans out that way but it means saturdays bench is likely to be the strongest in the championship by far.

What if Barnsley have Odejayi and Moore on the bench? What then, eh?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harewood and Lovenkrands must both start up top- They both played well and got three goals between them on Saturday, therefore they shouldn't be dropped, even if Carroll and Ameobi are back in contention.

What if Barnsley have Odejayi and Moore on the bench? What then, eh?

Think your missing my point mate. Of course there are times, like United recently, where the bench has been very strong (Rooney, Owen, Carrick) but they would be replacing players who are of lesser ability than themselves. What I was trying to say is that its good to see that we now have a fairly strong 20 odd, any of whom could justify their place in the starting XI.

While I agree Harewood has been pretty poor, he has shown glimpses of what he could do. He played well alongside Ranger for 15 mins in the previous game, and he looks better when the ball is played to feet which might be why he was more effective alongside Loven. Anyway, I quite like the idea of having a mobile front pairing so I wouldn't mind them having another start together.