Our fans are clearly the best in the land...

Heron

I thought the atmosphere was canny crap last night tbh. There was only a couple of occassions when it really picked up, and that was after we scored. I think the lack of away support was key, if they had have sold out, the atmosphere would have been electric.

A vaguely related question. I've  heard it mentioned loads of times that Spurs have a huge fan base. Even on Talksport tonight that numpty Durham when talking about West Hams ambition to move into the 80k Olympic stadium said that in this country, only Man U and Spurs could sell out an 80k stadium.

Now i know they have a waiting list but do Spurs really have the second biggest fanbase in the land? Where is the evidence for this?

A vaguely related question. I've  heard it mentioned loads of times that Spurs have a huge fan base. Even on Talksport tonight that numpty Durham when talking about West Hams ambition to move into the 80k Olympic stadium said that in this country, only Man U and Spurs could sell out an 80k stadium.

Now i know they have a waiting list but do Spurs really have the second biggest fanbase in the land?

How many Jews are there?

Joke before someone goes mental

only 39k last night??? very suprising. although you could tell by the empty seats scattered round. disapointing that.

how many clubs haved bettered that in the championship this season?

Guest michaelfoster

only 39k last night??? very suprising. although you could tell by the empty seats scattered round. disapointing that.

Tbf theres only us & Sheff Wed who have a stadium over 40k so a poor comparison

Guest toonlass

Not at all, extra fans could stand outside if they cared about their clubs that much, we are briliant sooperfans  O0

Not at all, extra fans could stand outside if they cared about their clubs that much, we are briliant sooperfans  O0

no we are clearly shit cos weve got the biggest ground :undecided:

Guest toonlass

no we are clearly shit cos weve got the biggest ground :undecided:

Despite the smiley I was being serious*, should have Henman Hills all over the country outside football grounds. Not enough people sitting on pub roofs and in trees to watch the games these days.

*or was I?

Thought the WBA fans were shocking. Considering all the praise they get in the media for being great fans, thought they were small in number and quiet as owt.

Couldnt even see them at times in the second half from the Gallowgate, all that fog blocking them out :-)

Thought the WBA fans were shocking. Considering all the praise they get in the media for being great fans, thought they were small in number and quiet as owt.

Couldnt even see them at times in the second half from the Gallowgate, all that fog blocking them out :-)

sitting in the gallowgate i heard them for most of the second half till we equalised.. they were louder than there numbers suggested.

Guest toonlass

The only thing they sang pretty much from their 2nd goal to the equaliser was that annoying, "Don't wanna go home" song.

Tbf you can't blame them. Birmingham is a shit-hole  :lol: (sorry Brummie, Brummie-mag etc)

• 1 year later...

I must admit, I was extremely frustrated with a lot of our fans today.

So much for getting behind the team no matter what. When we hadn't broken Wigan down after about 30 minutes, there were loads of people groaning at every available opportunity today.

Even though I don't really rate Obertan, some of the stick he got was shocking. Especially for a lad who is clearly a confidence player, when he's getting grief from all corners, it's only going to make him play worse. Say what you want away from the pitch, but when they're on it, wearing the shirt, get behind the lads as much as possible.

Special mention to the two troglodytes that I have been given the pleasure of being sat next two all season. Especially the one bloke that when he gets agitated has a tendency to phlegm so much that it could travel all the way to the Leazes end. They both don't have a clue, don't get behind the team, turn up late, leave early at half-time, leave early at full-time. Actually takes some pleasure away from going to the match. 

I must admit, I was extremely frustrated with a lot of our fans today.

So much for getting behind the team no matter what. When we hadn't broken Wigan down after about 30 minutes, there were loads of people groaning at every available opportunity today.

Even though I don't really rate Obertan, some of the stick he got was shocking. Especially for a lad who is clearly a confidence player, when he's getting grief from all corners, it's only going to make him play worse. Say what you want away from the pitch, but when they're on it, wearing the shirt, get behind the lads as much as possible.

Special mention to the two troglodytes that I have been given the pleasure of being sat next two all season. Especially the one bloke that when he gets agitated has a tendency to phlegm so much that it could travel all the way to the Leazes end. They both don't have a clue, don't get behind the team, turn up late, leave early at half-time, leave early at full-time. Actually takes some pleasure away from going to the match. 

I was about to post something like that.  I felt that we were going to score for about 10 minutes before we actually put the ball in the net and our fans were constantly moaning and groaning.  The shouts of "Shoot" really piss me off and don't do us any good because some of our players actually react.

Really quiet and tense at times today, it was like people only turned up to see us batter Wigan and got frustrated instantly when it didn't happen.

Not sure if anything can be done, I suppose it's inevitable that fans need something on the pitch to get them going.

Guest Heneage

Had to expect that just reading the pre-match  thread. Everyone expected us to turn them over so when the early goal didn't come they reacted poorly. Our crowd definitely has it's fickle element, idiots that would groan at Kaka if he had a poor first touch.

You've got to use all the strengths you have, our home atmosphere can be a huge positive and has in the past really pushed the players over the line. If we could all stop getting a bit pissy because Obertan isn't the new Ginola we'd be alright.

we certainly do have our share of idiots who seem to expact, nay, demand we thrash teams every week. I went to the Spurs game and the guy behind me was really on Jonas' back from 5 minutes onwards, despite his good form and even after his assist for Ba. He also thought Ba was Shola.

Felt sorry for Obertan with the cheers when he came off, like.

Aye I've never understood why people do things like this. You'd think he'd sat in the centre circle sticking two fingers up at all four sides of the ground. Clearly a confidence player, so let's jeer the lad. Smart.

my biggest gripe with our fans at the minute is the constant sreaming to get the ball forward quickly,  Pardew said at the start of the season when he brought in the likes of cabaye was to help us control games and keep possession.  I love the fact we look so comfortable in possession and pass it around, Tiote will get him play out wide but if Taylor or Jonas can't go down the left, the ball comes back in the middle either via Colo or Tiote or Cabaye and we'll switch it but too many times when it comes back there'll be moans and groans.  Its probably a case of educating the crowd but when you look at the best, Barca & then Spain internationally, possession is key,  if we have the ball we have control of the game.  Our team is built on a solid foundation and we have an excellent defensive shape and as a result or pretty tight defence and as a result if we are controlling the game and keeping the ball we will make enough chances to win the game.