Our fans are clearly the best in the land...

Heron

They really do take the piss, they joked about him pissing himself and possbily dying when he was our manager, now they are trying to claim he was one of them, and that we taunted and spat on him, is it any wounder why we hate them so much?

Yeh they are mentalists and grief hounds.

They really hated Robson and gave him tons of abuse when he was in charge and doing well for us. Wasn't it an England match or something at the Stadium of Light and Robson was in attendance and they gave him hell.

He bled black and white, he was born in Sacriston which is mainly a black and white village like Langley Park where he grew up.

They really are hypocrites and ignoramus's of the highest order!

He never had a bad word about Sunderland though, always wanted to see them do well, makes that whole arguement even more ridiculous.

They really do take the piss, they joked about him pissing himself and possbily dying when he was our manager, now they are trying to claim he was one of them, and that we taunted and spat on him, is it any wounder why we hate them so much?

Yeh they are mentalists and grief hounds.

They really hated Robson and gave him tons of abuse when he was in charge and doing well for us. Wasn't it an England match or something at the Stadium of Light and Robson was in attendance and they gave him hell.

He bled black and white, he was born in Sacriston which is mainly a black and white village like Langley Park where he grew up.

They really are hypocrites and ignoramus's of the highest order!

He never had a bad word about Sunderland though, always wanted to see them do well, makes that whole arguement even more ridiculous.

remember at a book signing the bloke in front of me was a makem and Sir Bobby just said " you might not be a geordie, but its all the north east". such a brilliant bloke

wish i could see it that way, i wish all north east clubs well, except sunderland and boro, who i only despise because of the way some of their fans act, an embarrasment to the region at times.

Exactly.  How many fans did Sunderland take on their last visit to the San Siro?

Probably an unfair comparison that though, I don't think planes had been invented then.

Sunderland's biggest ever following in Europe was when they played Swansea away one season.

Last time they played in Europe, there was trouble on one of the ferrys. Someone threw one of the cannons overboard.

Fucking hell that site. :lol:

Just had a look and their reaction to us being sponsored probably by Puma next season, is the fact we'll have a black cat on the shirt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They really are sad bastards.

oh aye saw that ;D something about us being a laughing stock if we have a black puma logo. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sunderland do have a fair historical support in Ashington - think it's to do with many mackems shifting up here to work in the pits, at the turn of the 20th century.

Sunderland do enjoy good support but in terms of numbers on a consistent basis, they do lag behind us.

Your right, I know of at least 3 sunderland supporters busses the pick up in Ashington. Although there are more Newcastle fans, alot of them are Newcastle fans because the majority of people are, they follow the crowd. While the Sunderland fans are mackems because their parents are and thus tend to attend more games and are generally more interested that alot of Newcastle fans. For a small town a good while away from Sunderland there is alot of regular atendee's to the Stadium of Shite.

Guest Haris Vuckic

As for the Black Puma thing, even if the board or designers did think the "black cat" thing was an issue (which I don't see why it would), I'm sure they'd easily consider putting a white cat on a black stripe.

How long have they been the black cats though?

As for the Black Puma thing, even if the board or designers did think the "black cat" thing was an issue (which I don't see why it would), I'm sure they'd easily consider putting a white cat on a black stripe.

thye will tell you forever, but it only appears to have become popular in last few years.

Guest Brummiemag

I've always argued that Newcastle have the best fans in the world. Some people laugh when I say that but:

Can anyone else name a club not just in England, not just in Europe but in the whole world that has not won a trophy for 40 years or a domestic trophy for 54 years but gets an average league crowd as high as we do? And for the doubters calculate an average league crowd over the last 10, 20 or even 30 years, I think we still have the highest.

I would even say is there any sporting club in the world that can beat us? Possibly the Detroit Lions, certainly can't think of anyone else.

Please post and let me know if you can name a football club or even a club in any sport in the world who has been as unsuccessful as us but get a higher average crowd over a period of time. There certainly isnt many if any.

Our fans are clearly the best not just in the land but in the whole sporting world

thye will tell you forever, but it only appears to have become popular in last few years.

Sunderland's official nickname is The Black Cats. They have other nicknames, such as The Rokerites, Roker Men, the Light Brigade, the Miners and the Sols. After leaving Roker Park for the Stadium of Light in 1997, the club decided on a vote to settle the nickname for the last time. The Black Cats won the majority of the 11,000 votes, beating off other suggestions such as the Light Brigade, the Miners, the Sols and the Mackems.

They had to take a vote... :colo: