Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest Haris Vuckic

Newcastle City Council want f***ing shot if this is called off tomorrow like. 

Plenty of time to get the gritters out and sort everything out...especially in a city the size of Newcastle.

Game on I say!

GAME OOOONNNN!!1one

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0132/9138/waynes_world_hockey_feature.jpg

I nearly got stuck in the car on Lanercost Drive (Fenham) at about 530pm. Headed up the bank, struggled to get 3/4 of the way up and had to turn around and come back. It was mad. Council knew snow was on the way, so why the hell do the wait until if falls before gritting the roads? Madness. Should have had it done ready.

If the game is called off tomorrow, then someone at the CC wants shot.

I've just got back in and haven't seen a single gritter on any road and they are a nightmare and it's only going to get worse as it's -3'C outside and seems to be getting colder.  Driving tonight has been like driving on wet glass.

came back from Morpeth earlier, saw a gritter on the A1...that is literally the first one ive seen since i got back home on thursday..Sheffield is gritted like a dream, then you come to Newcastle and you can barely move!

As long as you've seen one out it should be ok. They're not going to start until late night when the roads are quiet I wouldn't reckon...though maybe not this late.

aye well was about 6pm-ish...would that is OUTSIDE Newcastle...not seen out round gosforth, jesmond, town etc.

MFC are so proud of there local roots that I find it strange that a man like Gibbo ordered the steel that built Redseatparadise from outside the boundaries of North Yorkshire. Any smoggie bastards reading this who lost there jobs at Corus just remember when your shopping at Netto for your Crimbo dinner instead of Aldi your man of the f***ing people would not even order steel from you c***s but he does ask the Boro players to wear rather dapper "Save our Steel" t-shirts  :lol:

Keith Lamb (x-2nd hand car dealer/Boro Chief exec)

"Unfortunately, British Steel, as Corus was back then, couldn't meet the demanding schedule for delivery of steel required for the main frame of the stadium. It wasn't about cost, it was purely about sourcing the material against a very tight timeframe."

Aye whatever Keith :lol: