Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Take him. We need someone who is clinical, and he's always liable to get a goal - to have a world-class striker like Owen starting or coming off the bench would be mint. His finishing is amazing, as is his movement.

Take him. We need someone who is clinical, and he's always liable to get a goal - to have a world-class striker like Owen starting or coming off the bench would be mint. His finishing is amazing, as is his movement.

Defoe = Better version of Owen, with pace.

Defoe = Better version of Owen, with pace.

I nar, man.  :lol:

One of the least subtle attempts I've seen...I still reckon 3 or 4 bites though.

One of the least subtle attempts I've seen...I still reckon 3 or 4 bites though.

It's hard to predict. I am but a WUM amateur. Coz I iz nice lyk dat.

Those Ferguson quotes confirm what we already knew - which was that Owen was only ever meant to be a bit-part player who would come off the bench now and again, in much the same way Solskjaer was used.

Difference being that Solskjaer was generally effective when he came off the bench.

5 minutes or 20 minutes of Fergie time, didn't really matter today - Mickey and Rooney could still be there now and not have scored yet, they were both fucking shocking.

Mickey Rooney would have scored before those two.

Thing is, if Michael owen had one leg he'd of buried that today, top corner probably. Di canio style. His other foots just done him.

I dont really think we can blame him for that can we, cant account for your own limbs turning against you. He will bounce back with authority.

This.

What's the story with this miss?

Wesley Millington (Manchester United fan) says...

Play Owen now until the end of the season and I bet we would win the league, he would finish leading goalscorer and would be going to the world cup, that would then settle the arguement of which 2 do england play upfront, easy = Owen and Rooney

Hard to disagree

Should be starting every game, cant build consistancy coming off the bench with 10 mins left in each game

Play Owen now until the end of the season and I bet we would win the league, he would finish leading goalscorer and would be going to the world cup, that would then settle the arguement of which 2 do england play upfront, easy = Owen and Rooney

Hard to disagree

Should be starting every game, cant build consistancy coming off the bench with 10 mins left in each game

Couldn't disagree more, whilst the lack of games may affect his rhythm, his days as a good striker is gone. As for his chances of going to the WC...he's toast

Hard to disagree

:lol:

i imagine fergie's said to him 'if you score 15 goals this season i'll make sure you get to the world cup son' and owen's thought he's meant getting picked for the england team, whereas sir alex meant that was his goals bonus - a couple of tickets for some matches out there  ;D

Hard to disagree

:spit:

I like the way Capello has handled it. Only players fit and in form will be on the plane to South Africa - those are his principles and he has by and large stuck to them. In the past we had a wealth of good centre backs and good midfielders but the first teamers knew who they were. Come the big tournaments you always felt there was a bit of complacency. We now seem to have genuine competition for places in several areas, particularly right wing and noone feels assured of their place. That's the way it should be - players should feel privileged to have earned their place among fierce competition and wear the shirt with pride. In recent years I think we have lost that.

People need to stop judging Owen off what he did 5 or 10 years ago. That's a bloody long time in football. Judge him off the last two years or indeed the last two months. Look at his fitness, his goals, his playing time and his team play and who can seriously tell me he deserves to be on the plane to the world cup? It would go against what Capello is trying to create and that's why I am confident he will not be going to the world cup.

Hard to disagree

Look at you, quoting a Man U fan called Wesley Millington. :lol:

You're an embarrassment mate, give it up.