Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Just been asked why he got the reaction he did...

He was always fit for England

Expected to be wrapped in cotton wool before the WC when returning from Metatarsal injury

Never spoke to local media while the National Media wrote countless stories about injuries, England and Transfers

Refused to speak to the media after we got relegated despite being Club Captain

Made out him not signing a new contract was the Clubs fault dispite being reportedly offered a wage rise, left on a free transfer instead

Blamed the fans for not getting behind him despite being totally unattached from the club, so far as to not even buy a home in the area

Accused the fans of not backing him, as far as to 'Sush' his own fans after scoring vs Everton

Never attempted to put in any effort under Joe Kinnear, Chris Hughton or Alan Shearer, despite again being Club Capitan with the potential to lead by example during a fruitless battle against Relegation

Did I miss any? :lol:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't offered a wage rise on that ridiculous 100k +

He was offered an improved three year contract at Christmas '08, with higher wages than he was already on. But he refused to commit at that time and so the offer was taken back off the table.

Can't remember what happened post-relegation.

I laughed at this one mind talking about Man Utd...

Yeah, fair play to them, they're finally about to move ahead of us in terms of leagues won. Only took them 120 years or so...

It's only the 35 years since the mid 60s that Liverpool had more titles than Man Utd.

God i fucking despise Michael Owen. Maybe it's become a bit over-the-top but i don't think there's any person in the entire world of sport that i loathe, more than i do him. :lol: Wish i'd been there purely to contribute to the vitriol towards him. I was about spitting in the pub. Aside from the reasons that are born purely from his time with us, he summarises a lot about the game worth hating imo.

Like i say, it might be a bit much but honestly can't help it. Was petrified of him notching a winner when he first came on, but it came increasingly unlikely. It's now obvious he's completely lost touch with his former self, as if we didn't already know. Absolute shadow of a footballer and sportsman. Rot in mediocrity, you fucking absolute cunt.

Owen either has to retire completely or face up to the fact that he's now a very ordinary striker who would struggle to get a place in a Premiership side.

He has to decide whether he'd like to play for the love of the game, and get a move to another club where he can play regularly. It should never be beneath the dignity of a footballer to play football, so if some people start laughing at him, he should be big enough to rise above it.

Staying on the subs bench at Man Utd, nursing the idea that the good times are going to arrive again, is just a sad delusion. Everyone's rumbled that now so there's nothing for him to gain by clinging on.

Owen either has to retire completely or face up to the fact that he's now a very ordinary striker who would struggle to get a place in a Premiership side.

He has to decide whether he'd like to play for the love of the game, and get a move to another club where he can play regularly. It should never be beneath the dignity of a footballer to play football, so if some people start laughing at him, he should be big enough to rise above it.

Staying on the subs bench at Man Utd, nursing the idea that the good times are going to arrive again, is just a sad delusion. Everyone's rumbled that now so there's nothing for him to gain by clinging on.

Surely he's just there because of the ego-boost of playing for Man Utd, and the money? I doubt he believes he's going to break into the first team.

Surely he's just there because of the ego-boost of playing for Man Utd, and the money? I doubt he believes he's going to break into the first team.

Fergie might be thinking about ditching him now although probably not as I doubt he costs that much, did he not sign on a mostly pay per performance type deal? Where is wee Macheda, I presume if he was there Owen would be 5th choice at best? Fergie probably only signed him because of something to do with horses too.

Well, he's not actually playing for Man Utd, so if he's getting an ego-boost that's all a bit sad. And if it's pay-as-you-play as some suggest, then he's not getting much reward there either.

I just think for his own sake, he'd be better off facing up to the situation and restoring a bit of self-respect.

Well, he's not actually playing for Man Utd, so if he's getting an ego-boost that's all a bit sad. And if it's pay-as-you-play as some suggest, then he's not getting much reward there either.

I just think for his own sake, he'd be better off facing up to the situation and restoring a bit of self-respect.

He's probably the sort that gets a kick out of just being able to say he's on Man U's books.

God i fucking despise Michael Owen. Maybe it's become a bit over-the-top but i don't think there's any person in the entire world of sport that i loathe, more than i do him. :lol: Wish i'd been there purely to contribute to the vitriol towards him. I was about spitting in the pub. Aside from the reasons that are born purely from his time with us, he summarises a lot about the game worth hating imo.

Like i say, it might be a bit much but honestly can't help it. Was petrified of him notching a winner when he first came on, but it came increasingly unlikely. It's now obvious he's completely lost touch with his former self, as if we didn't already know. Absolute shadow of a footballer and sportsman. Rot in mediocrity, you fucking absolute cunt.

well fucking said