Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Arteta completely getting himself out of the situation incase Mad Dog Michael Owen kicks off. :lol:

Owen's decline has been such a joy to watch. I'm glad he no longer seems to be the media darling he once, undeservedly, was.

The man-handling dished out by Arteta & Wilshere (not exactly Souness type enforcers in the arsenal engineroom) is pretty symbolic of Owen's career downslide. It says something when he was an easy target (whipping boy) for a finesse midfield unit like Arsenals.  The least Owen could do is play it up a little, project an image. Owen is too clean cut for Stoke City, and the Us vs The World mentality Pulis has woven into the clubs social fabric. Owen needs to reinvent himself. Obviously too pissweak to deliver a cheapshot. The man needs to go skinhead & goatee.

American History Stoke.

:lol:

Aye, he needs a Norton'esque gutter-crunching moment ie. shattered spinal column, broken jaw or nose at the very least.

Clearly needs to send out a statement, after that piss poor showing.

Just seen the vid. Like a little child at school :lol:

It really was :lol:

So hopelles he was looking there. Like he's never been in fight before.

Well, I bet he never was.

Can't wait to hear/read Joey Barton's reaction on twitter about it. :lol:

Him and Barton are friends btw.

I know but still I suppose that there could be some funny comment about it. Like about Owen's haircuts...

• 1 month later...
Guest Geordiesned

To be fair the bloke only mentioned it when Owen tried to belittle him asking what he'd done in his life inferring he'd done more.

tbh cant stand wilshere, comes in like a hard guy acting liek noone can touch him. Cocky little s***, dont mind cuz it was owen, but still wilshere is a total tosser.

Yeah I hate Wilshere also. Not half the player Owen was at his age yet mind. Long way to go imo.

Not many where at that age compared to Owen though.

Guest chicken little

In this case, its deserved imo. Owen shouldn't be so small that he feels the need to belittle the 'average' bloke because he used to be alright at kicking a ball about. Bellend

nope, it was started by one of our heroic lads ('do you play football?') who bleats when owen rises to the bait. i mean, it's two bald men fighting over a comb stuff, but if anything i'd side with owen. not least because 'protecting your country' is a very bold claim for a squaddie to make in this day and age.

can't they both fuck off?

TBH they all say they're fighting for this country, they're not at all. They're invading someone else's.

<TIN HAT ON> Also, aren't most soldiers only soldiers because they can't get any other job? </TIN HAT OFF>

There's a lot of truth in both of those statements, even though they are still very brave lads. And obviously some of the stuff they do is necessary for global security, and by extension the indirect security of the UK.

Guest chicken little

naah feel sorry (and how condescending is that?) for a lot of lads who end up signing up for lack of better opportunities in life, but can't hack the idea that they are a force for all that is benevolent in the world

but anyway, michael 'iron mike' owen eh? what a twat.