Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Aye i don't mind Alan Hansen at all; i like his contributions from a defensive aspect. Every other pundit on MOTD is terrible.

One thing i wish they'd just move away from - which has been exacerbated by the Football League show (more matches) - is that, we know you haven't watched all the games. Don't pretend that you have.

Who else would you have?

No one. Just like when Jimmy Hill presented it. Have 1 man presenting the matches and that's it.

Aye. That's why I tend to record MOTD and then watch it on a Sunday morning. Skip through the bullshit and just watch the footy.

My favourite ever football viewing experience was when I found a stream of a match that just had the camera showing the inside of the stadium at half time. It was class, watching people go for their pint and that, was like being there.

If I could just watch a camera inside the ground I would much rather do that, especially at SJP.

You mean like Robbie Savage? He's a breath of fresh air, you know.

he says the exact same shit they all do (I know you're being sarcastic btw) but for some reason, maybe because he says it less eloquently, people think it's different.

Footballers are famously dim, yet are given the chief analysis roles, it's utterly baffling to me.

I wouldn't mind James Richardson presenting the matches and a couple proper experts with a guest (to appease the masses). I wish Vickery did british footy (saying that I get the impression he still knows more).

My favourite ever football viewing experience was when I found a stream of a match that just had the camera showing the inside of the stadium at half time. It was class, watching people go for their pint and that, was like being there.

If I could just watch a camera inside the ground I would much rather do that, especially at SJP.

watched the QPR game on a Senegalese channel in the local.  HT was basically Senegalese MTV.  Once you've seen that, even Gary Neville's superb punditry is boring.

“@Paul_Twist: @themichaelowen you're shite” Thanks. You are probably right but I once had more talent in my little toe than you ever will.

Just saw this tweet. Almost made me sad. Don't think he'd have said something like that a while ago - low on confidence.

:yao:

Guest tollemache

I just wish there was any pundit on TV who would speak their own mind and not just trot out the same old predictable cliched bollocks that fits whatever headline/conclusion has been decided on from the match.

I think there'll be more and more in the mould of Gary Neville in the coming years, and that we might see the likes of Jonathan Wilson / Michael Cox sneaking onto telly as pundits

I just wish there was any pundit on TV who would speak their own mind and not just trot out the same old predictable cliched bollocks that fits whatever headline/conclusion has been decided on from the match.

I think there'll be more and more in the mould of Gary Neville in the coming years, and that we might see the likes of Jonathan Wilson / Michael Cox sneaking onto telly as pundits

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1450384.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Jonathan%20Walters,%20Stoke%20City

Itll never swing THAT far that way, more likely to have big Jon on than someone as insightful as that...

You mean like Robbie Savage? He's a breath of fresh air, you know.

he says the exact same s*** they all do (I know you're being sarcastic btw) but for some reason, maybe because he says it less eloquently, people think it's different.

Footballers are famously dim, yet are given the chief analysis roles, it's utterly baffling to me.

I wouldn't mind James Richardson presenting the matches and a couple proper experts with a guest (to appease the masses). I wish Vickery did british footy (saying that I get the impression he still knows more).

Jeff Stelling is a perfect example of someone who deos a great job with no history of being a pro footballer.

• 3 weeks later...