Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

hard to believe he won the Ballon D'or once

To be fair, he was amazing until he did his hamstring the first time. Before that he was fearless. Completely lost his nerve afterwards, though.

That said, all he ever cared about was Michael Owen, Michael Owen's England career and Michael Owen's horses.

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan

Evening Benchwarmer @themichaelowen - I found some toys by the side of your pram at the Emirates, want them back?

:lol:

:anguish: I'd find that shit funny if it wasn't Piers Morgan. :lol: Their ferocious battles are just a game of which tosser can out-toss the other more.

That said, all he ever cared about was Michael Owen, Michael Owen's England career and Michael Owen's horses.

And the wonderful thing about it? His career went to s***, his England career went downhill post-puberty and one of these days one of his horses will most likely do him.

And the wonderful thing about it? His career went to s***, his England career went downhill post-puberty and one of these days one of his horses will most likely do him.

:)

There is something delightfully karmic about it. He fucks over his childhood club for "glory" at Real Madrid. He ends up on the bench, his career never recovers, while his former teammates all pick up CL winners medals.

He continues to make decisions based on the glory of Michael Owen, and every single one hurts his career even more.

It'd be quite fitting if one of his horses did kick his head in.

Just seen the vid. Like a little child at school :lol:

It really was :lol:

So hopelles he was looking there. Like he's never been in fight before.

Well, I bet he never was.

Can't wait to hear/read Joey Barton's reaction on twitter about it. :lol:

Best thing for me was Wilshere pushing him away. So symbolic. Owen probably had it in his head he was seen as some sort of hero, but here was an English kid, the age Owen was when he was one of the best, just shoving him away like he was a nobody. Loved it.

I daresay that's really going to stick with him.

Bet he cried himself to sleep. Poor guy.

The man-handling dished out by Arteta & Wilshere (not exactly Souness type enforcers in the arsenal engineroom) is pretty symbolic of Owen's career downslide. It says something when he was an easy target (whipping boy) for a finesse midfield unit like Arsenals.  The least Owen could do is play it up a little, project an image. Owen is too clean cut for Stoke City, and the Us vs The World mentality Pulis has woven into the clubs social fabric. Owen needs to reinvent himself. Obviously too pissweak to deliver a cheapshot. The man needs to go skinhead & goatee.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The man-handling dished out by Arteta & Wilshere (not exactly Souness type enforcers in the arsenal engineroom) is pretty symbolic of Owen's career downslide. It says something when he was an easy target (whipping boy) for a finesse midfield unit like Arsenals.  The least Owen could do is play it up a little, project an image. Owen is too clean cut for Stoke City, and the Us vs The World mentality Pulis has woven into the clubs social fabric. Owen needs to reinvent himself. Obviously too pissweak to deliver a cheapshot. The man needs to go skinhead & goatee.

American History Stoke.

Guest neesy111

Just seen the vid. Like a little child at school :lol:

It really was :lol:

So hopelles he was looking there. Like he's never been in fight before.

Well, I bet he never was.

Can't wait to hear/read Joey Barton's reaction on twitter about it. :lol:

Him and Barton are friends btw.

tbh cant stand wilshere, comes in like a hard guy acting liek noone can touch him. Cocky little shit, dont mind cuz it was owen, but still wilshere is a total tosser.

The sad thing is Wilshere actually looked like the 'hard man' in that encounter :lol: