Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Still remember the buzz I got the day he signed, it lasted for about 4 days afterwards. I was sitting there staring at a computer screen in a job I hated day after day with a massive smile on my face. We had just signed Michael fucking Owen, man, England striker from Real Mafuckingdrid. 20 thousand fans turned up to welcome him. 20 fucking thousand!!. Absolutely loved him in the early days for us, some really memorable moments; will never forget his header against the Mackems and the subsequent roar of the crowd. Contrast that with the feeling of absolute devastation when he got injured at the 2006 world cup which ruined not only the world cup for me but my entire summer.

Now, I hate the little bastard, for obvious reasons. Hope his horses bolt the stables and blow the lid on an animal sex ring he presides over. That sadly is not likely.

To think he was signed ahead of Nicolas Anelka, who was the striker Souness initially wanted. I remember being not as thrilled about it too, especially with all those intial claims he only wanted to join on loan.

Thought Anelka would have been a far better signing. He of course went on to be brilliant for Bolton instead.

Imagine if we had signed Anelka and Boa Morte who Souness had initially targetted, but instead got Owen and Luque. Urgh.

To think he was signed ahead of Nicolas Anelka, who was the striker Souness initially wanted. I remember being not as thrilled about it too, especially with all those intial claims he only wanted to join on loan.

Thought Anelka would have been a far better signing. He of course went on to be brilliant for Bolton instead.

Imagine if we had signed Anelka and Boa Morte who Souness had initially targetted, but instead got Owen and Luque. Urgh.

Again, hindsight is 20/20, but Luque was brilliant at the time too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Luque played really well against us right before we signed him! :okay:

That whole Luque period was such a depressing time.

Exploded his hamstring early on, and that was pretty much it for the guy.

Guest Slippery Sam

The laundry lady at Stoke isn't too chuffed, because when his replacement arrives it will mean one more kit to wash and iron each week.

Only 33.

An absolute embarrassment of a footballer. Can't imagine me ever having this much disdain for another player.

Good riddance to the dictionary definition of a mercenary cunt. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll be off our screens any time soon.

Chances he will take to punditry? It could well be we see more of him than when he was playing.  :scared:

Probably one of the main reasons for his retirement tbh. Dare say he'd get a better deal on the MotD sofa than the Stoke reserves; sure it was doing the rounds that Hansen gets about £40k a week?

Guest AFCNewcastle1892

Chances he will take to punditry? It could well be we see more of him than when he was playing.  :scared:

Probably one of the main reasons for his retirement tbh. Dare say he'd get a better deal on the MotD sofa than the Stoke reserves; sure it was doing the rounds that Hansen gets about £40k a week?

£80k a week.