Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

The only other option i see is someone like Spurs or Everton offering him a pay as you play deal, other than that, his career is over.

I wouldn't say his career is over, but he will have to take his nose out of the sky and realise that he isn't all that any more and will probably have to sign for a lesser club like Hull or WBA once Man U wash their hands of him. I think Everton or Spurs would probably steer clear tbh, they are both on the up and it's doubtful he could get in their first team. Why would either want an expensive sub with a chip on his shoulder?

Anyone who thinks Owen won't be at Man U next season is wrong. He always stays to the end of his contract.

Except when someone is daft enough to pay £17m and £100k/week for him.  :doh:

I'd forgotten about that one! He went to the end of his contract with Liverpool and Newcastle. No one will buy him off Man U and he'll happily sit there for another season basking in the glow of training with top quality professionals so that will be 3 'to the end of the contracts' versus 1 left before the end of contract with Real Madrid. I still think he'll retire after he leaves Man U. He thinks too highly of himself to play for a team not pushing for a European spot.

Didn't he sign for Madrid for £8m or something? Pretty sure it wasn't free.

Guest Stephen927

Owen's last bow in an international tournament was being taken off at Sweden. Sad to see, for a player with his record at international level and some of the good goals he has scored for his country. I can't help but feel smug about this news, but at the same time it is dampened as he didn't have much chance of being selected anyways.

Guest neesy111

9 goals in 31 games in all competitions. Pretty good availability and goal ratio given his limited match time when you look at it.

i seem to remember him scoring 5 of those in 2 games, v barnsley and wolfsburg

9 goals in 31 games in all competitions. Pretty good availability and goal ratio given his limited match time when you look at it.

Think he only got one at Barnsley

Guest neesy111

Think he only got one at Barnsley

[/quote

ur right  :doh:

It's a bit unusual to have an operation on a hamstring injury, isn't it? Normally they take about a month, with no surgery involved.

Maybe they've uncovered some long-standing problem.

At the fulham game, end of last season, this tosser didn't even come in on the team bus. Saw him drive in with his missus and entourage. Such a c***.

Why on earth do they get a team bus to home games? And they wonder why we're losing money :lol:

What's next? Flying to the Boro game?

Was really happy when I heard, but feel a bit bad now. Glad he's not going to WC, definitely.

But I wonder how much of my resentment for him is his fault. I think it's mainly down to the fact he got a deal at ManU when he was part of our relegation team, but that's not his 'fault' - you'd expect him to take it.